[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

I'd totally get this just so I can tell people that I "Lit the Beam"...:p:p:p
I got it because a) my kid wanted it and b) it came with free league pass

Then a) I took the xbox away from him for bad behaviour
b) I found out I get NBC Sports stream (99% legally)

In the meantime I became totally addicted to the myteam mode :confused:
* I haven't spent a cent beside the purchase price, so there's that at least.

Wondering what the fine will be for Brown and if there is a 1 game suspension for contact, not sure that was his fault, and not leaving the floor in a timely manner. Where do you stand on screwing us NBA?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Wondering what the fine will be for Brown and if there is a 1 game suspension for contact, not sure that was his fault, and not leaving the floor in a timely manner. Where do you stand on screwing us NBA?
Good question - to my recollection we never heard that he was fined for criticizing the refs earlier in the year. I would have one of our video guys throw together a quick set of clips of the blatant calls against us (or whistle-swallowing) that were missed in the game and send that in for "consideration" before the league can issue any fine or penalty.

The Athletic has a Mike Brown piece that's a pretty decent read. It touches on the way the game is called against us a little as well:
A coach on Brown’s staff went to dinner this year with a coach from an opposing team’s staff after a game. The opposing coach admitted they told their guys at that day’s shootaround to do certain things because they wouldn’t get called (by the officials) — because they were playing the Kings.

“You just don’t get the respect,” Brown said. “And I’ve been in those games, I’ve played Sacramento and I’ve seen it. ‘I can’t believe we got that call.’”

More context to our impressive start to the season. Not only year 1 Brown, an entirely new rotation, a new star focal point, but dealing with one of the toughest schedules in basketball
2nd easiest schedule remaining means nothing when you lose back to back home games versus two of the bottom dwellers in the Eastern Conference but with that said, every team will give the Kings their A game which comes with winning more than losing