[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

If half of Sacramento would vote for Sabonis, he would be already on that list....
Seems people there are voting for Hali :D
Your comments make no sense.

Because even if those people who are voting for Hali would also vote for Sabonis, he'd still be on the list. Because you vote for each position per conference, not the entire league.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
7 of the 10 frontcourt players for the West in the fan voting are on either LA teams or Golden State. It's ridiculous that this still counts for anything, but there wasn't a chance Fox or Sabonis were going to be starters anyway. It would be nice to get them both in the top 10 anyway just to help build the case that both deserve to be there when the coaches pick the reserves.

Your comments make no sense.

Because even if those people who are voting for Hali would also vote for Sabonis, he'd still be on the list. Because you vote for each position per conference, not the entire league.
No, who vote for Hali - they have hurt feelings that he was traded - and they will not vote for Sabonis :)

https://nbarankings.theringer.com/ <- TOP 100 NBA PLAYER RANKINGS by theringer: here Sabonis is listed on 25th and Fox on 30th. In my opinion bigest LOL is >> Hali on 20th place :D:D:D Most overrated player :D
Another LOL - LaMelo Ball is on 50th possition, when Julius Randle is on 54 and Marcus Smart on 65 :)

And so on .... :)

Last edited:
Am I the only person wondering when this year's authentic jerseys are going to drop? Before the season started I wanted a Monk jersey because I knew what kind of player he would be and that he was joining the team the year our drought would end. So much time has passed since then that I've come to think a Barnes jersey is the coolest one to get. He is just a professional through and through and has stuck with us.

I have one jersey, a 2003 Bobby Jackson jersey. When I wear it to a game I know I'm the only one there with a Bobby Jackson jersey. A Monk jersey would be a sweet choice but a Barnes jersey might low key be even cooler. This is just my opinion of course.

So yea, where are the jerseys?

Am I the only person wondering when this year's authentic jerseys are going to drop? Before the season started I wanted a Monk jersey because I knew what kind of player he would be and that he was joining the team the year our drought would end. So much time has passed since then that I've come to think a Barnes jersey is the coolest one to get. He is just a professional through and through and has stuck with us.

I have one jersey, a 2003 Bobby Jackson jersey. When I wear it to a game I know I'm the only one there with a Bobby Jackson jersey. A Monk jersey would be a sweet choice but a Barnes jersey might low key be even cooler. This is just my opinion of course.

So yea, where are the jerseys?
I too have a Bobby Jersey. :D

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Simmons and Lowe both have Sabonis in their all star starting lineup and Fox just outside of the team but deserving. Bill made the case for Fox over Dame. Both love watching the a kings and Simmons is generally a Fox and kings hater
I think Simmons relationship with the Kings is more complicated than "hater". I think he might watch them more than the typical guy with a national profile which is why he's frequently angling for some lopsided trade of a Kings player to the Celtics. That's included Fox iirc.

I do see plenty of scenarios where Dame gets in and Fox doesn't and it's sad because it's the Kings record which is normally used as a basis to exclude our players. Outside of the glory years only Mitch and Boogie have gotten in iirc, and Mitch absolutely tore up at least one ASG and Boogie was probably going to get in when he did because there literally weren't enough big men in the league worthy of making an excuse not to put him on the team.

I think Simmons relationship with the Kings is more complicated than "hater". I think he might watch them more than the typical guy with a national profile which is why he's frequently angling for some lopsided trade of a Kings player to the Celtics. That's included Fox iirc.

I do see plenty of scenarios where Dame gets in and Fox doesn't and it's sad because it's the Kings record which is normally used as a basis to exclude our players. Outside of the glory years only Mitch and Boogie have gotten in iirc, and Mitch absolutely tore up at least one ASG and Boogie was probably going to get in when he did because there literally weren't enough big men in the league worthy of making an excuse not to put him on the team.
I personally think Dame is more deserving than Fox this year. Fox was by far better early on but it seems like he kind of coasts until he gets to the 4th quarter these days. Dame plays all 4 quarters while it doesn't seem like Fox does. I can hardly recall Fox getting to the rim at the beginning of any of the games this year outside of his hot two week start to begin the year.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I personally think Dame is more deserving than Fox this year. Fox was by far better early on but it seems like he kind of coasts until he gets to the 4th quarter these days. Dame plays all 4 quarters while it doesn't seem like Fox does. I can hardly recall Fox getting to the rim at the beginning of any of the games this year outside of his hot two week start to begin the year.
They're in 10th and fading after a hot start. This is why Kings players are never allowed in.

I question whether Fox "coasting" is laziness or by design. I asked that question a month into the season and it's only become more profound. With the exception of the Celtics game which was a total second half collapse, we've tended to go shot for shot with teams until the separation happens late in the game. Sometimes this means a game the opponent had a handle on becomes close and goes either way, sometimes it means we separate early and don't need the boost at the end, but often it is like the last week where it is single digit separation all night until the 4th.

That's the eye test/recency bias so I looked it up:

Sacramento is currently 4th in 3rd quarter margin (+1.7) and 9th in 4th quarter margin (.9) this season. This puts us 3rd in 2nd half margin btw. Needless to say both quarters were net negatives in the year prior.

They're in 10th and fading after a hot start. This is why Kings players are never allowed in.

I question whether Fox "coasting" is laziness or by design. I asked that question a month into the season and it's only become more profound. With the exception of the Celtics game which was a total second half collapse, we've tended to go shot for shot with teams until the separation happens late in the game. Sometimes this means a game the opponent had a handle on becomes close and goes either way, sometimes it means we separate early and don't need the boost at the end, but often it is like the last week where it is single digit separation all night until the 4th.

Sacramento is currently 4th in 3rd quarter margin (+1.7) and 9th in 4th quarter margin (.9) this season. This puts us 3rd in 2nd half margin btw. Needless to say both quarters were net negatives in the year prior.
Yeah, Dame will get credit of his rep and numbers probably. Fox "coasting" is because he's too nice. Mean De'Aaron has been showing up more and more this year and it's nice to hear that Domas is letting him know when it's time to break the beast out.

I just don't think Brown would have Fox out there coasting by design. Maybe if he was an established championship winning veteran but not a guy who has never made the playoffs. If Fox had just half of the intensity in the 1st quarter that he has in the 4th, the Kings might not have to rely on so many late game heroics.

What do the stats say about the offense and defense in the first half compared to the second? The eye test says that the defense is normally what picks up in the second half but I could be wrong.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I just don't think Brown would have Fox out there coasting by design. Maybe if he was an established championship winning veteran but not a guy who has never made the playoffs. If Fox had just half of the intensity in the 1st quarter that he has in the 4th, the Kings might not have to rely on so many late game heroics.
The design would be to wear down the opponent and then strike once they are tired. So far there have been very few teams that can keep up with us in the 4th. One could say that's because we coasted, the other could say it's because the other team ran out of gas before the finish which suddenly makes the guy on cruise control look like you strapped a rocket to him.

The other "design" element could be the unfortunate reality that Sabonis has to take a lesser role in the 4th quarter because of foul trouble so it's a 1-2 punch kind of thing by design. Which would also explain why the team gets really disoriented when Sabonis is taken out in the first 4 minutes but seems to do fine when he picks up his 2 or 3 questionable foul calls in the 3rd quarter.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Really like NBA.com Power Rankings this year. Usually lots of good stats and info. They currently have the Kings at 9.

https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2022-23-week-14
Wild that the Timberwolves have the 3rd easiest schedule and maybe even Clippers at #2 given the overall disappointment for both.

Also didn't realize how far Indy had fallen off the pace how many games has Hali missed so far, I thought they were a few games above us over .500 before last week.

What do the stats say about the offense and defense in the first half compared to the second? The eye test says that the defense is normally what picks up in the second half but I could be wrong.
People already forgot he was playing hurt.