[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

This is really sad. Dude made $5M in the NBA and played internationally for several years, and ends up robbing gas stations by the time he's in his mid-30s. It appears the NBA rookie transition program has been going since 1986, so it's not like Greene missed out on that. Not really a glowing endorsement for the program.
I'm in shock. Donte actually was financially conservative. I remember he bought a reasonable car etc. He was planning for his money to last. He played last year in Taiwan.

Going into the season looking at their personnel it was obvious they would need to blitz teams offensively.

They're usually bad at both, or they're bad at defense and absolutely middling to below middling offensively. Or in 2021 where they're above average offensive, but were dead last defensively, and dead last defensively by a healthy margin.

They'll have to get to 18th-20th if they want to make some noise, and that should be the goal for next season if they can't improve to that mark this year.

Fox has switched agents to Klutch sports. Ham indicated it may be to get a shoe deal. A little surprised he is leaving his long time agent and friend but apparently they are still on good terms.

Folks also implied it was because Klutch can lobby him onto the all star team.
Which is sadly, probably true. Especially if they're doing the captain's choice teams and they need a replacement?

Does SBF crypto-scammer-bro remind anyone else of the ugly Maloof?
I know this is probably mean and unwarranted because by all accounts George was the one that actually liked Sacramento, but I can't stop seeing him in that guy every time he's on tv/web news

This is really sad. Dude made $5M in the NBA and played internationally for several years, and ends up robbing gas stations by the time he's in his mid-30s. It appears the NBA rookie transition program has been going since 1986, so it's not like Greene missed out on that. Not really a glowing endorsement for the program.
Not a glowing endorsement for Greene. For all we know the program may be great. Greene certainly is not.

Ham said the Kings are not looking to trade HB despite those rumors. Dialog is open with Barnes team. Said management knows it’s a delicate balance between trading a player for a long term upgrade and disrupting chemistry.

If we re-sign HB this off season we will then need to figure out how to upgrade our bench to provide more defense. Growth will come with a little more time in the system, Murray and Davion.

Zach Lowe: After Boston’s loss last night, the Sacramento Kings — that’s the Kings franchise located in Sacramento, California — have the No. 1 offense in the NBA.

– via Twitter ZachLowe_NBA
Boston Celtics, Sacramento Kings

Somebody give Zach Lowe a Map!
Where else would we be located?
Glad he cleared that up!

How many places are named Sacramento?

Number of places named Sacramento per country:
There are 8 places named Sacramento in Mexico.
There are 7 places named Sacramento in America.
There are 3 places named Sacramento in Peru.
There are 3 places named Sacramento in Brazil.
There is one place named Sacramento in Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of.
There is one place named Sacramento in Uruguay.
There is one place named Sacramento in Philippines.
There is one place named Sacramento in Panama.
There is one place named Sacramento in Nicaragua.
There is one place named Sacramento in Guatemala.
There is one place named Sacramento in Cape Verde.
There is one place named Sacramento in Costa Rica.
There is one place named Sacramento in Colombia.
There is one place named Sacramento in Bolivia.

I just heard on the Jazz clips game that in The history of the NBA minus the Covid year and the year after, teams who win 12 of their first 20 games have made the playoffs 91 percent of the time. Going to be tough to go 3-2 over the next five but who knows

It sounds like Donte was not of sound mind at the time. No weapon, no actual robbery, but erratic behavior and desperation. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Vivek discusses the origin of the beam, his assessment of Monte and of course delivers his signature line “I surround myself with people that are way smarter than me”