[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Why is nobody out there telling Haliburton to stop getting baited into talking about the Kings?

It will come back and bite him if the Kings are a playoff team and he cools off.

Why is nobody out there telling Haliburton to stop getting baited into talking about the Kings?

It will come back and bite him if the Kings are a playoff team and he cools off.
All the shades he threw reek of jealousy.

He's just sad he's no longer around us. I mean look at his skill set, in a perfect world, it would be a great complimentary piece to Fox (like Monk is, Hali would just need to adjust his attack/distribute ratio which he seems to be no problem doing for the Pacers) if we (in this perfect world) also have Domas. He wanted to be a part of the rebuild and be the force to bring Sacramento back up to the top half of the league.

It’s win win for them i their minds. That’s why. Hali playing well and pacers winning = Kings are idiots for trading a generational PG, Pacers are soooo good now.
Hali playing well when they lose = Pacers are rebuilding with a generational PG they’re trying to lose to acquire more lottery talent, that’s how you rebuild.

It’s win win for them i their minds. That’s why. Hali playing well and pacers winning = Kings are idiots for trading a generational PG, Pacers are soooo good now.
Hali playing well when they lose = Pacers are rebuilding with a generational PG they’re trying to lose to acquire more lottery talent, that’s how you rebuild.
yeah that's the perception now. Exactly what I'm saying, this league perception turns on a dime and players far bigger than Hali have been spit out as villains. His people need to tell him to stop producing quotes that make him look like a petulant child for the day when he signs a big contract and people start turning on him.

yeah that's the perception now. Exactly what I'm saying, this league perception turns on a dime and players far bigger than Hali have been spit out as villains. His people need to tell him to stop producing quotes that make him look like a petulant child for the day when he signs a big contract and people start turning on him.
Haliburton needs to learn to take the high road at this point. The Kings made a decision, because they viewed a Fox-Haliburton backcourt never working out, because both need the ball in their hands to reach their full potential.

In a sense, seeing how Fox has flourished after Haliburton was traded and getting back full reigns of the team, I don't think you can say the Kings made the wrong decision. Haliburton will go on to have a fine career too, he just needs to move on. Playing the scorned ex has a bad look.

I think this trade will go down as a Win-Win for both sides, Haliburton just needs to accept that and move on, you don't see Domas bad mouthing the Pacers for trading him and he's a young 2 time all-star. That shows the maturity of Domas in this situation.

Haliburton needs to learn to take the high road at this point. The Kings made a decision, because they viewed a Fox-Haliburton backcourt never working out, because both need the ball in their hands to reach their full potential.

In a sense, seeing how Fox has flourished after Haliburton was traded and getting back full reigns of the team, I don't think you can say the Kings made the wrong decision. Haliburton will go on to have a fine career too, he just needs to move on. Playing the scorned ex has a bad look.

I think this trade will go down as a Win-Win for both sides, Haliburton just needs to accept that and move on, you don't see Domas bad mouthing the Pacers for trading him and he's a young 2 time all-star. That shows the maturity of Domas in this situation.
Trades can never be win-win; sports fandom requires that one team must lose...

SLAB

Hall of Famer

we won’t know if it’s win-win until Domas signs an extension. No extension, we KANG’d it.

we won’t know if it’s win-win until Domas signs an extension. No extension, we KANG’d it.
If the Kings continue on this trajectory and become a perennial playoff team, I'm confident that Domas will re-sign with the Kings. He seems to be enjoying his time and teammates here and I'm confident the Kings will pay what is necessary to retain him when the time comes.

What would you call it if we max extended Haliburton at the end of the year after finishing 11th in the West?

How frosty do you think it would be between Fox and Haliburton if Haliburton couldn't sign a designated rookie deal because Fox was on one (can only have one, right? or is that only on trades?) For that matter if Mathurin becomes the star in Indy ...

Sabonis really seems to like it here. He seems to like the new coach. He seems to have a budding relationship with Fox and if Fox is hanging out with Monk too much maybe he and Keegan and Huerter can form a crew.

What would you call it if we max extended Haliburton at the end of the year after finishing 11th in the West?

How frosty do you think it would be between Fox and Haliburton if Haliburton couldn't sign a designated rookie deal because Fox was on one (can only have one, right? or is that only on trades?) For that matter if Mathurin becomes the star in Indy ...

Sabonis really seems to like it here. He seems to like the new coach. He seems to have a budding relationship with Fox and if Fox is hanging out with Monk too much maybe he and Keegan and Huerter can form a crew.
Recee Caldwell got into it with JJ Reddick on twitter over Reddick telling Halliburton “he’s a bigger man” for not holding anything against Fox. Yet Haliburton keeps going back to that well. It’s hard not to see how that could’ve become something toxic

Recee Caldwell got into it with JJ Reddick on twitter over Reddick telling Halliburton “he’s a bigger man” for not holding anything against Fox. Yet Haliburton keeps going back to that well. It’s hard not to see how that could’ve become something toxic
he's just making free or cheap content for all these other people's podcasts. I hope he doesn't think because many are ex-players they are his "friends". Seems if anything the Sacramento experience shows he may be quick to bond or throw his heart places it doesn't belong. This can be a nasty business as fans are now far too well aware. I like Haliburton and it would be a shame if he end his career bitter because the Kings were certainly only his first road bump in what is hopefully a long career.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Donte Greene arrested trying to commit robbery gas station in Indiana.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-nba-player-donte-greene-185207911.html
This is really sad. Dude made $5M in the NBA and played internationally for several years, and ends up robbing gas stations by the time he's in his mid-30s. It appears the NBA rookie transition program has been going since 1986, so it's not like Greene missed out on that. Not really a glowing endorsement for the program.