[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Don't know where else to post this, so this seems like a good place. I was super excited before the season started to come up to Sacramento on MLK weekend to catch one or both games vs. the Rockets.

After the last 10 games, I'm sorely reconsidering that decision. This team makes me not feel like flying across the state to watch them.

Rant over.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Ja Morant with a non contact injury. Kings have been getting extremely lucky with other teams players getting hurt
You can only play the games in front of you. Kings beat the Lakers tonight in triple OT down two starters against a full-strength Lakers team. You take what the schedule gives you and sometimes the basketball gods smile upon your team.

Last edited:
You can only play the games in front of you. Kings beat the Lakers tonight in triple OT down two starters against a full-strength Lakers team. You take what the schedule gives you and sometimes the basketball gods smile upon your team.
im not complaining lol and this team does have a ton of depth at the guard and big man spots.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

whoever says SmALL SAmpLe SiZe will be wrong guaranteed
But what about
Winning Percentage
W: 0.353
G: 0.500

Maybe one 27-point blowout in a SmALL SAmpLe SiZe of four games does make a big difference, even though the team as a whole seems to have exhibited better effort.

And, for the shocker, maybe the point of firing Walton wasn't to replace him with "a better coach (??)" in Gentry, maybe the point of firing Walton was to get his imprint off of the organization and give us a chance to start our coaching search for next season nice and early. Maybe the point of firing Walton was to get somebody in place who would be willing to develop Bagley so we can see what to do with him at the trade deadline or in the offseason, rather than just let him rot on the bench due to some coach-player grudge.

As several have pointed out, there may not be a lot of hope in fixing this particular roster, but if the coach has lost the team, he's gotta go. Is there anybody who thinks Walton HADN'T lost the team? Anybody?

Is it too soon to begin the watch for 16? If we manage to keep this up we’ll be the sole owners of the largest playoff drought in NBA history. Think we should get some special commemorative gear, fans who’ve stuck it out since the millennium deserve it

Is it too soon to begin the watch for 16? If we manage to keep this up we’ll be the sole owners of the largest playoff drought in NBA history. Think we should get some special commemorative gear, fans who’ve stuck it out since the millennium deserve it
Barring a major trade, 16 is 99.999% certain.

We are currently 25th in the league in 3 point percentage. Since we are still working our way into being a decent defending team, we need to be in the top 15 at least from distance. We are 4 percentages below last year. Fox and and TD appear to be on the rise and I assume we will see a bit of a lower percentage from Hali since he is finally taking his share of shots.

If we are going to hold steady with this squad, I hope Monte finds another guy that can shoot at the deadline. Let's also hope Off Night can find himself in the low to mid 30s for the rest of the year.

But what about
Winning Percentage
W: 0.353
G: 0.500

Maybe one 27-point blowout in a SmALL SAmpLe SiZe of four games does make a big difference, even though the team as a whole seems to have exhibited better effort.

And, for the shocker, maybe the point of firing Walton wasn't to replace him with "a better coach (??)" in Gentry, maybe the point of firing Walton was to get his imprint off of the organization and give us a chance to start our coaching search for next season nice and early. Maybe the point of firing Walton was to get somebody in place who would be willing to develop Bagley so we can see what to do with him at the trade deadline or in the offseason, rather than just let him rot on the bench due to some coach-player grudge.

As several have pointed out, there may not be a lot of hope in fixing this particular roster, but if the coach has lost the team, he's gotta go. Is there anybody who thinks Walton HADN'T lost the team? Anybody?
lol it’s gonna be the same s*** bro. Waiting for the patented Kangzzzz forum meltdown. Dude thinks after 7 games things have changed LOL. I’ll gladly eat crow if this team actually improves and makes the play-in but I don’t see it

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With how godawful a lot of the west is looking this year, there is a chance the Kings will be in the thick of the playoff race to the end of the season without even playing any good basketball.

With how godawful a lot of the west is looking this year, there is a chance the Kings will be in the thick of the playoff race to the end of the season without even playing any good basketball.
all I can say is that I’m rooting for eastern conference teams to beat western conference teams lol