[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I still find it baffling that Fox wasn't selected for the All-Star game or an All-NBA spot in 2024 with the season he just had. Basically everyone in his universe statistically was selected for both and I think he came in like 25th in All-NBA voting. It makes no sense. And the same goes for his snub from Team USA. The NBA is such a weirdly cliquey subculture.

I still find it baffling that Fox wasn't selected for the All-Star game or an All-NBA spot in 2024 with the season he just had. Basically everyone in his universe statistically was selected for both and I think he came in like 25th in All-NBA voting. It makes no sense. And the same goes for his snub from Team USA. The NBA is such a weirdly cliquey subculture.
Yeah, I'm not sure where the bias is coming from in this case. Fox can be a bit prickly and standoffish with the media, and he seems generally uninterested in campaigning for individual awards. After failing to receive an All-Star nomination this season, he said he was honestly grateful for the rest, and I think he meant it.

Of course, All-NBA selections can influence the size of his next contract, so I'm sure he feels some desire to make one of the All-NBA teams. But perhaps voters are seeing some of what we see: Fox typically slumps for an extended number of weeks every season, and his seeming disinterest during those rough stretches can be maddening when you're acutely aware of just how devastatingly talented he is.

I don't know if that would stop me from voting for him if I was in a position to influence All-NBA outcomes, but I could understand where it would give a voter pause.

Makes you wonder if his "disinterest" in both is a big part of the reason. He'd rather spend his off time around his family....and needs all the rest he can find for the long season

Makes you wonder if his "disinterest" in both is a big part of the reason. He'd rather spend his off time around his family....and needs all the rest he can find for the long season
his style of play is what can hinder him as the season prolongs. I'd imagine with more body maturation and learning how to channel that energy more efficiently will go a long way to prolonging his career productivity, whether he gets those accolades will continue to depend on how much the Kings are winning

his style of play is what can hinder him as the season prolongs. I'd imagine with more body maturation and learning how to channel that energy more efficiently will go a long way to prolonging his career productivity, whether he gets those accolades will continue to depend on how much the Kings are winning
Exactly. When you have a 7th place team hard to argue both Fox and Sabonis deserve to go so they split the vote.