[Game] Kings @ Cleveland Cavaliers, 2/5/2024, 4:00p PT, 7:00p ET

How many games will we win in our 11-game Death Stretch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It seems like the game was defended differently back then with the rules interpretations being what they were then and are now. I didn't watch what you did, but how many times would Artest have been called for a foul nowadays for his highlighted play?

It doesn't seem possible to "defend without fouling", as the King's mantra expresses. A tight defense will inevitably cause a bit of contact and then the offensive-minded refs toot on their whistles. An up-and-coming Keegan ends up with an early riding of the bench as a result.
in this era, Artest would foul out in the first half. which is why I constantly watch circa 2000s clips of defense just to reminisce what once was

On Deuce & Mo was mentioned that Domas & Keegs combined for something like 6 points on 5 attempts in the 2nd half. Which we can't do and expect to win

At some point I'd love to see Domas shoot 3s more regularly and be more aggressive in looking for his own shot. No reason he can't be a 25-30 ppg scorer (tho admittedly his assists might take a hit). I think if he makes that jump he gets into the MVP conversation. I'd like to see him drop 30 or 40 at least once in the playoffs. If he becomes a more aggressive scorer our offense can hit big new levels

On Deuce & Mo was mentioned that Domas & Keegs combined for something like 6 points on 5 attempts in the 2nd half. Which we can't do and expect to win

At some point I'd love to see Domas shoot 3s more regularly and be more aggressive in looking for his own shot. No reason he can't be a 25-30 ppg scorer (tho admittedly his assists might take a hit). I think if he makes that jump he gets into the MVP conversation. I'd like to see him drop 30 or 40 at least once in the playoffs. If he becomes a more aggressive scorer our offense can hit big new levels
On the other podcast forgot the name one of the guys is adamant that Sabonis becomes more of a scorer which I agree with

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah not sure I want him taking more 3s (maaaaybe 2 a game), but would love to see Domas look for his shot more.

It's a shame the refs swallow their whistle when he's in the paint getting clobbered. If he got calls like Embiid he'd go to the line 10 times per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.