[Game] Kings @ Cavs, 10/30/10 4PM

This is the thing: Reke has one move, the same move from last year, same play from last year. He dribble drives into the heart of the defense. This ends in a shot going up or a kickout for three. The only way other players get involved is by crashing the board on his misses or being the kickout guy. The problem is that this play puts one of your guards under the basket, your big men crashing the basket for boards, and a fourth guy potentially sitting for a three. If it's a three, you got most your team under the basket and a guy running out on the three point shooter. If it is a layup attempt, you still have a guard and your big men having to go the full court back on D. It is extremely ripe for exploitation by transition breaks.

Paul needs to put in that 3 guard lineup again and go small, because the kings can't seem to hustle back in transition. They are getting killed out there, and need more speed and athleticism to close out on the shooters and get back and forth in transition.

K

king07

message to magoof brothers:

fire Geoff petrie
end this westPHAIL experiment
trade tyreke "couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat" Evans
hire a defensive minded coach
build around DMC
draft a PG in the next draft

or just gtfo of sacramento

fire Geoff petrie
build around DMC

Again prooving my point from above.

straight to the ignore list for you.

fire Geoff petrie
build around DMC

Impressive you just stepped it up a notch.

I more disappointed with Evans defense then his offense so far this season. Defense is a area were Evans can make a impact every night, but so far hes just been lazy on defense.

The offense looks pretty good tonight actually, even with Evans struggling. On the other end we flat out suck.

Tyreke being schooled by Ramon Sessions how to run a team seems like a joke, but its sadly true ;S
Some could counter argue this with... Tyreke Evans isn't really running the team right now - Luther Head and Beno Udrih are.

I haven't seen the Beno - Evans chemistry that was there at the end of last season... I'm not seeing Casspi's improved defense (which I'm not knocking him on).

I really feel a Evans/Cisco/Greene starting lineup would improve us much defensively right now and allow Beno + Casspi as spark plugs for our offense off the bench, and Beno coming off the bench would also negate Head ever running our offense.

fire Geoff petrie
build around DMC

Not even three games in... come on wait atleast 20 games before you call for the death of the franchise.

I like our offense-defense frontcourt lineup right now. I'd like to see Cousins matched with Dalembert though. But our defense looks much better.

Tyreke is so much more effective when he's just trying to lay it up easily instead of trying all his fancy scoop shots which he hasn't really mastered yet. If he just goes up strong and tries to finish normally he'll usually make it or get fouled, as compared to trying to avoid the contact and squeeze up some funky shot off the glass.

It's so annoying that Casspi gets stuck on every pick on defence like it's a goddamn brick wall... I really don't see the improoved defence talked about, even tho 4th qtr against Minni he did good on Beasley.

Whats also annoying is other then Dalembert, every pick we make on the offence is a 'make-believe' pick, especiely Cousins who just makes me laugh when doing it.

pee poor chuck by Evans, but a lucky rebound by Cousins, and great work putting it back in.

We have to continue running good plays or else this defense won't matter, or last.

It's so annoying that Casspi gets stuck on every pick on defence like it's a goddamn brick wall... I really don't see the improoved defence talked about, even tho 4th qtr against Minni he did good on Beasley.

Whats also annoying is other then Dalembert, every pick we make on the offence is a 'make-believe' pick, especiely Cousins who just makes me laugh when doing it.
Yeah, our guys don't set good screens at all. When you watch say the Celtics play the defenders get totally stuck in the screens and Ray Allen gets wide open shots as a result. Our screens are like ... I'm not sure what they do other than block the defender's immediate vision.