[Game] Kings @ Cavaliers - Wednesday, 12/6 - 4 PT

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
everyone knew if you gave LeBron a chance to dagger you up, he will do so. That said, the offensive execution in the last few minutes has been horrendous so that's where the game was lost IMO.

Fox has been so passive recently. Mason is playing like a top 5 pick while Fox is playing like he's worried about not getting playing time if he misses a shot.
I was thinking he same thing. I know mason spent a lot longer in college but man, he's playing like the high draft pick. He's playing so confident.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fox has been so passive recently. Mason is playing like a top 5 pick while Fox is playing like he's worried about not getting playing time if he misses a shot.
It really is annoying to watch him just be a spectator out there rather than attacking. If that's the case, put Mason out there. He isn't afraid of missing shots.

I was thinking he same thing. I know mason spent a lot longer in college but man, he's playing like the high draft pick. He's playing so confident.

In fairness Fox is playing with the starters and they play a lot differently. The middle of the floor isn't open nearly as much as it is when they are running pick and roll with Koufos off the bench. It's no coincidence most of the Kings guards have looked better coming off the bench.

The Kings went from the open middle to running the ball through Zach, although I think Zach did a great job of passing out of the double teams or pressure towards the end.

well ideally, you want those rebounds to come in a regular season game rather than a YMCA pick up game in Reno.
You would also ideally like to see what Skal can do outside of the 5 minute spurts at the start of the 1st and 3rd he typically gets. Skal won't be a great rebounder most likely, but I question any coach that can't find time for a player discussed as the best player coming into college just 2 years before but finds 30+ minutes for Jakaar Sampson. Sampson does fill a need mind you, but the point itself remains.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You would also ideally like to see what Skal can do outside of the 5 minute spurts at the start of the 1st and 3rd he typically gets. Skal won't be a great rebounder most likely, but I question any coach that can't find time for a player discussed as the best player coming into college just 2 years before but finds 30+ minutes for Jakaar Sampson. Sampson does fill a need mind you, but the point itself remains.
Sampson, while being 24, has played some years in the NBA and the G-League as well. So he has bounced around but he knows his role and where he can help a team excel. I don't know that you can say with confidence that Skal has any type of role with the Kings right now. Sure, he has some tools you can work with or try to polish but that's a work in progress.

Sampson, while being 24, has played some years in the NBA and the G-League as well. So he has bounced around but he knows his role and where he can help a team excel. I don't know that you can say with confidence that Skal has any type of role with the Kings right now. Sure, he has some tools you can work with or try to polish but that's a work in progress.
Sampson is the Quincy Acy type, though Acy has/had more of an offensive game.

Undersized forward who plays with grit and rebounds. The league doesn't really value those type of guys that much and you ideally don't want him as more than your 11th man at best.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sampson is the Quincy Acy type, though Acy has/had more of an offensive game.

Undersized forward who plays with grit and rebounds. The league doesn't really value those type of guys that much and you ideally don't want him as more than your 11th man at best.
Kings can afford to keep a guy like that on the roster and play him if Joerger feels that he can help pester a scorer. He will serve his purpose as long as he is a King, throw him on the likes of Durant, Leonard, George, Melo, etc.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings can afford to keep a guy like that on the roster and play him if Joerger feels that he can help pester a scorer. He will serve his purpose as long as he is a King, throw him on the likes of Durant, Leonard, George, Melo, etc.
And DMC. :p

I wasn't able to watch the game, but the simple fact that we were TIED at the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter tells me everything I need to know about the Kings.

This game will be a win 2-3 years down the road. Just wait until we get experience. Until team chemistry gets built. Until our identity is established.

And, yes, VF21, it's ALWAYS good to be a Kings fan. ALWAYS. :)

After watching the highlights and how well the Kings played and were ahead for much of the night, this game was one notch under the Clipper loss on my disappointment-meter which I did suffer through. James always seems to make wild 3-pointers. A playoff-caliber team would've put the Cavs under tonight. The Cavs announcers were complaining of turnovers at a couple different times.