[Game] Kings @ Bulls - Friday, Dec. 1 - 5 PT

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I noticed after he carelessly threw the ball away on the fast break he has not been back.
If there is any truth to the value that the FO and ownership hold him up to, and this isn't all part of some grand scheme then that might end up being the blade of the axe when it comes.

It's amazing to me that despite their front office issues how much better the Bulls are at tanking/rebuilding than we are. They went all in for a rebuild; they acquired young talent for a rebuild, they didn't make any halfhearted vet signings, they don't have vet love affairs, they don't have two of their best prospects in the doghouse, and they're going to be rewarded with a top pick for it, unlike us who might win too many games on the backs of these stupid veterans.

I don't even like their pool of young talent better than ours, but the way they've gone about it has been worlds better.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
It's amazing to me that despite their front office issues how much better the Bulls are at tanking/rebuilding than we are. They went all in for a rebuild; they acquired young talent for a rebuild, they didn't make any halfhearted vet signings, they don't have vet love affairs, they don't have two of their best prospects in the doghouse, and they're going to be rewarded with a top pick for it, unlike us who might win too many games on the backs of these stupid veterans.

I don't even like their pool of young talent better than ours, but the way they've gone about it has been worlds better.
The Kings appear to still be on the first stage of denial. :D

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

I gotta admit, watching a line up of Hill, Temple, Carter & slow-bo out there all at the same time is infuriating.

I gotta admit, watching a line up of Hill, Temple, Carter & slow-bo out there all at the same time is infuriating.
I mean, if they were going to half-*** this, then they might as well have kept Cousins. Win too many games to prevent getting a really good pick, and chase meaningless wins instead of development. I mean, what's the difference to what's happening now? Only difference is there would be one mega talent getting his minutes instead of four or five mediocre vets that allow Joerger to play his dream lineup of washed up has-beens.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I mean, if they were going to half-*** this, then they might as well have kept Cousins. Win too many games to prevent getting a really good pick, and chase meaningless wins instead of development. I mean, what's the difference to what's happening now? Only difference is there would be one mega talent getting his minutes instead of four or five mediocre vets that allow Joerger to play his dream lineup of washed up has-beens.
Hopefully we don't look back and say that Vlade made a mistake by bringing in Joerger friendly players that he can give 25+MPG to at the expense of not playing players you drafted to play through the good, bad & ugly.

Jeez watching Zbo go all in with Joerger smirking on the sidelines.. To carry us to victory vs the Bulls lol.

Oh well, it it makes the players happy I guess that's a positive. More than enough Zbo though

ummm what? what're you guys talking about? Bogie was a HUGE part of this win, and Fox and Mason looked really good again as well. Surely these guys are learning from our vets but
if you guys think 9 wins in a season and no experience of winning close games is a great thing, then hey! great.

We definitely wont be good enough to be anything but top 6 in the draft next year IMO anyway, but tanking guarantees NOTHING.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
looks like we're seeing a healthy combo of both. Skal has been awful and Buddy is the epitome of inconsistent. I really dont see him being
here longterm. what great young prospect was benched today? maybe im missing something
Skal is a project. We all know that. He will take sometime and who's to say if he will amount to anything. That's beside the point here. The purpose of acquiring all the youth, I thought, is to play the youth, I'm not expecting to play them all but I'd like to see a fair share of them get more minutes than seeing 37 minutes for Temple, 12 minutes for Carter, 32 minutes for slow-bo, Koufos with 14 and then giving Buddy 7 minutes, Skal 15, Mason 16

The only way you can assert this, which you have done so repeatedly. is if you know how good (or not so good) Fox, Giles, Skal, Mason, Buddy, Jackson and others will be individually and collectively in 2-3 years . You don't know this (and neither do I), so you can't assert this. We may already have a franchise player on the roster (I think we may have one in De'Aaron Fox). Or we may not even have enough talent to qualify for the 8th seed. Therefore to say our ceiling is the 8th seed barring a Top 5 or Top 3 pick in 2018 requires you being a soothsayer or time traveller. Since there is no such thing, your assertion has no merit.
Repeatedly? Thing im blending into the group of others saying auch things. Think itsvthe first time ive said this group of players would top out on the 8th seed treadmill. Just my best guess if i was forced to make a bet on the future. Of course i dont "know" for a fact they will top out at an 8th seed. But even if they dont, and are better than that, would you argue that a top 3 pick next year versus a 6 to 10 pick would make little difference going forward?

Last edited: