[Game] Kings @ Bulls - Friday, Dec. 1 - 5 PT

Forget about next year’s draft, it only screws up your enjoyment of our team’s progress. How often has a draft worked out to our advantage? Once in a while. We have a team. We have talent. Let us see where it takes us now.
We have no real blue chip prospect.. the draft doesn't work out to our advantage because the Kings kept getting mid-lotto picks. Get a top 3 pick for once, and see how often we'd mess it up.

oh, and even if we had a star, nobody would know because this coach refuses to let players play through mistakes.

Yes, I can blame the posters - which is why I didn't even log on to the board during the game. I simply do not understand the mindset that wants to root for a loss WHILE THE GAME IS UNDERWAY. It's a loser mentality to me.

Having said that, I'm not telling anyone how to root for the team and - with the exception I've mentioned before of people who are simply trolls in fan clothing - I'm not going to step in and be accused of over-moderating. While the game is on, I'm a fan. And as a fan, I never root for my team to lose. I'm actually tempted to have a game thread dedicated to positive vibes. Maybe more of those who just want to enjoy the game and watch the team might be enticed to return.

/endrant
Other fans would prefer long-term success over short-term. This is a rebuilding team, but it doesn't feel like it. Our record at this point last year was 8-14 while we were contending. Our record right now is 7-15. The Kings' biggest problem of the last 10 years is their inability to have a true rebuild.

I personally can't take another year of the Kings winning 25-30 games just to end up with the 8th overall pick, despite having one of the worst rosters in the NBA. We have NO franchise player as it stands. The only potential franchise prospects on this team feature a 19/20 yearold PG who can't shoot worth a lick, a 21yearold PF who looks lost half the time on the floor, and a 19yearold C with knee problems who completely underwhelmed in college.
It makes no sense for a rebuilding team composed of 30yearold vets to try to win. If the Kings wanted to win, they should've did that last year.

The entire Kings FO has loser mentality. They've had it for the past 10 years. Trading Cousins at the deadline was basically waiving the white flag.

However, I apologize for my anti-Kings comments in gamethreads. I know others do actually try to enjoy and root for wins.

Not only are Zbo and Carter stealing the younguns' minutes they're forcing them to wear those ugly headbands.

Poor Fox. Hold on until the trade deadline. Maybe they will be traded soon.

Bogie has developed quite nicely and WCS and Fox showed some serious defensive potential
Bogdon is the most consistent "rookie" they've gotten in awhile. He makes some mistakes especially with turnovers but he is my favorite player to watch so far. Love his reads of defenses and playmaking as well as his own decent defense despite his average athleticism. He seems to be Joerger's 6th man now, and it looks befitting for him. He is imo the best story of the Kings this season outshining Fox at least for now, looking a more complete player than probably any of the other young players. Probably best of all he exudes leadership, equally happy to pass or take the initiative to shoot. His use of his left is far better than many younger players also. He reminds some of Sarunas Marciulionis in his court savvy. He may not be as athletic as Marciulionis, but his defense and playmaking may be better. As part of the trade with the Suns, I am now very pleased with the acquisition from the Suns. PapaG pick was questionable at best, but Bogdan was worth the wait and makes up for it and then some. I have fairly high expectations for him.

The game threads have become toxic. Notice the trend of less and less people coming on here. Just saying.
Personally I've been posting elsewhere because this place is too damn structured. Not very freewheeling. Has nothing to do with toxicity. Ive seen too many posters who don't want to buy the kings FO and fan cheerleaders rah rah BS pigeonholed and eventually chased off. Most of the time I just come here to lurk and post every once in a while. IMO the game day posts have dwindled down to crumbs because some here will verbally crush people who are the opposite of their sunshine disposition. I don't want to spend time at a site where everyone agrees. Boooring. It kind of goes against the whole point of having a team forum.

Again, just my own personal opinion........

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Personally I've been posting elsewhere because this place is too damn structured. Not very freewheeling. Has nothing to do with toxicity. Ive seen too many posters who don't want to buy the kings FO and fan cheerleaders rah rah BS pigeonholed and eventually chased off. Most of the time I just come here to lurk and post every once in a while. IMO the game day posts have dwindled down to crumbs because some here will verbally crush people who are the opposite of their sunshine disposition. I don't want to spend time at a site where everyone agrees. Boooring. It kind of goes against the whole point of having a team forum.

And yet, the same can also be said about posters who have been "chased off" because they get tired of every positive comment they make being attacked (at least in their minds). It's a two-way street, my friend.

As far as everyone agreeing, that's just silly.

First one to play defense wins. The Kings made some blocks, but gave up 30 assists to the Bulls. Lopez and Zipser looked like all-stars.
The Kings played well enough to win. Randolph got 25/13 and the offense looked pretty good.
Unfortunately they couldn't stop one of the weakest teams in the NBA. That is not good. The Kings have a long way to go on defense.

Why so negative guys? Win is a Win.

Positives:
- great game for Bogdan, maybe his best so far.
- Good defensive plays by Fox, 4 blocks
- WCS with all-around game: some nice offensive moves, few good passes, blocks, defensive plays overrall
- Skal with productive minutes in the second half
- 16 minutes for Mason, despite he wasn't on his level

I didn't like to see all vets (except Bogdan) on the court at 4th quarter, but at least Fox and WCS played last 3 minutes with Bogie.

I have expressed my own frustrations with the site to moderators but I would like you to site an example of the bolded section of your post. I've been here a number of years and cant remember an event like that.

Not only are Zbo and Carter stealing the younguns' minutes they're forcing them to wear those ugly headbands.

Poor Fox. Hold on until the trade deadline. Maybe they will be traded soon.
I don't think anything this season will hurt more for me than us not trading Zbo at the deadline. He doesn't pass the ball, Joerger revolves our entire offense around him, and our young guys just keep passing him the ball rather than making plays on the their own. I love the guy as a player, but he is really stalling the development of our team.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to get into generalizations about playing or not playing the youngins and the philosophical and long term ramifications. Specifically, Buddy Hield didn't deserve to get any minutes in the second half because of the way he played in the first quarter. His defense was horrible and it would have sent a wrong message to him and everyone else on the team if he played a lot in this game. I don't have a problem at all with Joerger not giving him minutes for such lack of effort.

And why would you play your best scorer off the bench. Please check the logic. Some want losses I want wins.
My logic was fine. I said if the Kings were decent....meaning they were more developed and maybe fighting for a playoff spot. In that case, Randolph wouldn't be the best scorer on the team and fans wouldn't be rooting against him because in that scenario, he wouldn't be taking time away from young guys and pushing us further down the draft order. In a scenario like that, fans would love ZBo despite his defensive deficiencies.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to get into generalizations about playing or not playing the youngins and the philosophical and long term ramifications. Specifically, Buddy Hield didn't deserve to get any minutes in the second half because of the way he played in the first quarter. His defense was horrible and it would have sent a wrong message to him and everyone else on the team if he played a lot in this game. I don't have a problem at all with Joerger not giving him minutes for such lack of effort.
Holding young guys accountable to earn playing time is still a rock solid strategy.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Why so negative guys? Win is a Win.
No, no, no. See, you are part of the problem.

We are supposed to lose every game so we can then have other teams jump ahead of us in the lottery and we can put all our faith into an undrafted player (that may or may not pan out to be anything more than a backup due to lack of effort, injury, or just plain bad drafting juju). It isn't important that we want to have our current young players actually earn their minutes or experience a winning atmosphere once in a while. Heck, one or two might develop into something truly special, but that isn't nearly as important as The Pick. It's better that all the vets sit (because their trade value isn't important anyways) and we should lose games by 30, just to be sure we don't actually win any on accident.

Hey, maybe if we only play 4 players they will develop even better defensive instincts and that extra big won't be clogging up the floor on the offensive end. Someone talk to coach and see if this would help us with some fan's goal of tanking 20 games into a season - because that is truly what the fan base at large wants to see, right?

You just aren't looking at this correctly, OK?

/sarcasm off

We have no real blue chip prospect.. the draft doesn't work out to our advantage because the Kings kept getting mid-lotto picks. Get a top 3 pick for once, and see how often we'd mess it up.

oh, and even if we had a star, nobody would know because this coach refuses to let players play through mistakes.

Other fans would prefer long-term success over short-term. This is a rebuilding team, but it doesn't feel like it. Our record at this point last year was 8-14 while we were contending. Our record right now is 7-15. The Kings' biggest problem of the last 10 years is their inability to have a true rebuild.

I personally can't take another year of the Kings winning 25-30 games just to end up with the 8th overall pick, despite having one of the worst rosters in the NBA. We have NO franchise player as it stands. The only potential franchise prospects on this team feature a 19/20 yearold PG who can't shoot worth a lick, a 21yearold PF who looks lost half the time on the floor, and a 19yearold C with knee problems who completely underwhelmed in college.
It makes no sense for a rebuilding team composed of 30yearold vets to try to win. If the Kings wanted to win, they should've did that last year.

The entire Kings FO has loser mentality. They've had it for the past 10 years. Trading Cousins at the deadline was basically waiving the white flag.

However, I apologize for my anti-Kings comments in gamethreads. I know others do actually try to enjoy and root for wins.
Then one can resign one’s fanship.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And why would you play your best scorer off the bench. Please check the logic. Some want losses I want wins.
we all want wins but not at the expense of the vets leading the charge. If the young ones are helping the team win, so be it. Draft pick position be damned.

I have expressed my own frustrations with the site to moderators but I would like you to site an example of the bolded section of your post. I've been here a number of years and cant remember an event like that.
I didn't bold any part of my post. That was someone else.
I've been coming here since the old bleacher mob site. I couldn't even begin to name the posters that have ditched out, It's just my experience. I'm not talking crap, I'm just explaining what I've seen. Something is going on cause the game day threads have dribbled down to a trickle.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't bold any part of my post. That was someone else.
I've been coming here since the old bleacher mob site. I couldn't even begin to name the posters that have ditched out, It's just my experience. I'm not talking crap, I'm just explaining what I've seen. Something is going on cause the game day threads have dribbled down to a trickle.
People leave for a lot of reasons. Most of our old-timers left when the team became unwatchable, others when the Maloofs just sucked all the joy out of being a fan. I don't think anyone thinks you're talking crap. I personally just think you're drawing a conclusion not supported by the facts or the number of private messages I and other mods have received. Bottom line though? What difference does it make? We've got a Kings game to watch ... although it certainly hasn't started out well.

EDIT: The bolded part upinsmoke talked about was what HE did to indicate which part of your post he was questioning.

People leave for a lot of reasons. Most of our old-timers left when the team became unwatchable, others when the Maloofs just sucked all the joy out of being a fan. I don't think anyone thinks you're talking crap. I personally just think you're drawing a conclusion not supported by the facts or the number of private messages I and other mods have received. Bottom line though? What difference does it make? We've got a Kings game to watch ... although it certainly hasn't started out well.

EDIT: The bolded part upinsmoke talked about was what HE did to indicate which part of your post he was questioning.
I'm a couple of old Rasputins and track 7 ipa's deep. I didn't compute who bolded what. My mistake.

I've had conversations with more than a few of the posters who have stopped frequenting KF. It's just my own personal experience. That's all.
Personally I like the not so structured forums that let the conversations go where ever they happen to go. Just my thing.

Us long timers, we've paid our dues. Like I said, I remember some of you KF'ers from bleacher mob. We are longtime long suffering fans who all want the same thing, for us to be a winning franchise. We might disagree On the direction toward those winning ways but we all want the same thing.
Either way, GO KINGS!!!!