[Game] Kings @ Bucks 12/12/12

We kind of had to win this just so guys go into the OKC game with their heads held high and feeling positive. That game might get ugly.

I really don't get why if Smart thought Cisco, JT and Reke could help pull it out in the 4th, why he sat them all until about 3 mins left and then reinserted them. That makes no sense.You ether play them the majority of the 4th and hope they chip away, or you sit them for good. What you don't do is bring them back when we're getting blown out and there's 3 mins left.

This is just some incredibly poor coaching.

funny how dead these game threads have become. nobody even cares about this team anymore. i know im finding myself less interested in watching the games than i have ever been in my life

It would be weird if the starters were significantly better than the bench players. They aren't, especially in this game.
Reinserting JT and Reke with 3 mins left is ridiculous if you think they can help come back. They're both two of our top 5 players and two of our better players tonight. If they can help, you either bring them in much earlier so they have an honest chance to come back, or you simply give up on the night and rest them through the end.

Smart obviously thought they could help, hence bringing them back in. But so late negates the intention of that move.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
funny how dead these game threads have become. nobody even cares about this team anymore. i know im finding myself less interested in watching the games than i have ever been in my life
FYI - Some people have quit participating in the game threads because they're tired of all the vitriol aimed at our own players. I've been around here since before dirt and I don't ever recall so many people tripping all over themselves to loudly proclaim their hate for this guy or that guy, etc. It's not much fun to constantly have to wade through that kind of drivel for the occasional worthwhile comment, IMHO...

if we didnt have the worst owners in the NBA, our team wouldnt be full of players who shouldnt even be in the league, and there probably wouldnt be so many comments like the ones you describe

FYI - Some people have quit participating in the game threads because they're tired of all the vitriol aimed at our own players. I've been around here since before dirt and I don't ever recall so many people tripping all over themselves to loudly proclaim their hate for this guy or that guy, etc. It's not much fun to constantly have to wade through that kind of drivel for the occasional worthwhile comment, IMHO...
Agreed. It gets old reading Reke_Havoc,Rainmaker and all the other debbie downers constantly berating the team. We all know and understand the problems with the team; move on and try and find some enjoyment from watching the Kings play. There's certainly times that the team deserves it (especially these days), but I really don't understand why you would dedicate a good portion of your life to something that just makes you upset all the time.

Agreed. It gets old reading Reke_Havoc,Rainmaker and all the other debbie downers constantly berating the team. We all know and understand the problems with the team; move on and try and find some enjoyment from watching the Kings play. There's certainly times that the team deserves it (especially these days), but I really don't understand why you would dedicate a good portion of your life to something that just makes you upset all the time.
If the current state of the Kings doesn't upset you then I question your true passion for the team. Maybe the reason why they're constantly "berating" the team is because there's nothing good to praise. And believe me, these posters have praised the good things when they do happen. Maybe the reason why some of us get together in the game thread and complain about the Kings is because they aren't doing anything good, and it's nicer to b*tch with fellow fans than to sit alone at home and grumble to yourself.

L

LWP777

If the current state of the Kings doesn't upset you then I question your true passion for the team. Maybe the reason why they're constantly "berating" the team is because there's nothing good to praise. And believe me, these posters have praised the good things when they do happen. Maybe the reason why some of us get together in the game thread and complain about the Kings is because they aren't doing anything good, and it's nicer to b*tch with fellow fans than to sit alone at home and grumble to yourself.
Exactly. It's all part of being a fan. What's the point of rose-coloring it if there isn't really anything to rose-color? The thing everybody has to remember is we all agree on one thing -- we want the Kings to be relevant again. For me, it's actually very therapeutic to post my frustrations about the team!