Kings @ Bobcats game thread, 1/18, 11a.m. P.S.T.

WTF moment of the game

• Martin and Evans - not enough

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Beno continues to struggle

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Kenny Thomas sees the floor

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • JT and Donte STILL don't know how to avoid stupid fouls

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kingsguy881

Y'all do realize he was joking right?

He's most certainly not a Rubio whore.
No they don't. But it is what it is. I'm a HUMONGOUS Tyreke fan, for me to actually believe the drivel I've written is an abomination. OK PEOPLE, LISTEN UP! I'm making fun of other people who have said those kinds of things. Ok? I will knock it off but the bottom line is there are people who feel that way and I find it atrociously funny and sickeningly sad all at the same time. So I poke fun.

Tyreke is damn near top 20 in the league, by the end of the year he will have cracked the top 20 and he will be in the top 5 by the end of his 3rd year. RESIGN HIM NOW!!!

K

Kingsguy881

Can someone do their job and ban this OBVIOUS troll. You aren't a kings fan...You sir, are AN IDIOT. Free country or not...
For what it's worth, and it doesn't mean diddly squat but I thought I'd point it out, I've been a Kings fan longer than you. But thats beside the point. Troll am I not, idiot am I neither. But thank you for the laugh.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
When I saw that Dick Bavetta was the ref, I automaticly chalked it up as a loss. But when we fell behind by 24 points, I figured his job was easy. Do nothing. But alas, I was wrong. He was able to do his usual bad, but important call in the final two minutes of the game to insure a win for Charlotte. I've never done the research, but I can't remember the last time the Kings won a game that he ref's. And I'm going all the way back to the glory days. I'm sure there must be one.

Back to the game. The obvious absence of Martin, and the return of the Kings we were familiar with during the comeback, sticks out like a bad pimple. This is a team with a few glaring weaknesses that they been able to make up for with hustle and heart. So far, Martin hasn't help fix any of the problems they have, and seems to have screwed up the chemistry. I'm not blaming Martin for this. Its not his fault if he can't fit in. Sometimes the pieces just don't fit together and its nobodys fault. But if thats the case, it needs to be fixed, and quickly before this thing disintergrates into some kind of nightmare.

K

Kingsguy881

The starting lineup, even once Cisco comes back, should be Evans/Martin/Greene/Brockman/Hawes. Defense, rebounding, length, outside shooting, and an unguardable dribble/driver. You then bring in players to plug in to provide a spark in whatever area you need it.

The starting lineup, even once Cisco comes back, should be Evans/Martin/Greene/Brockman/Hawes. Defense, rebounding, length, outside shooting, and an unguardable dribble/driver. You then bring in players to plug in to provide a spark in whatever area you need it.
You'd still have Martin in there? I know its been only a handfull of games of acclimation, but so far things have gone about as bad as they can go. I'm sort of torn - on one hand we really have nothing to play for, so you might as well give these two guys the season to play together, and you never know, maybe they turn it around. On the other hand, it has just been painful to watch this offense when they're both trying to get theirs. No rhythm.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think We've only won 1 game with Martin in the Line-up. K-mart played 5 games during the start of the season plus 3 games since coming back from injury and we're 1-7 with him in the line-up.

L

LWP777

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think We've only won 1 game with Martin in the Line-up. K-mart played 5 games during the start of the season plus 3 games since coming back from injury and we're 1-7 with him in the line-up.
You are correct sir. 1-7 with KMart in the lineup. :confused:

L

LWP777

I think it's safe to say that if we trade K-Mart now, we'll win more games and if we don't, we'll end up with a higher pick.

Which is better?
Trade him because then at least you know your nucleus for next season and you have the rest of this season to gel. I think even if we keep Kevin we'll still win enough games to where we'll be picking late in the lottery anyway.

A

AriesMar27

wow... we're 1-7 with martin in the lineup but we were also 1-7 in our last 8 games before martins return. whats your point?

A

AriesMar27

Yeah I don't get that...
This team was spiraling weeks before Martin's return.
exactly, we are right where we should be at this point. for some unknown reason we are losing to losing teams as well as losing on the road. we are 3-16 on the road. we are 0-6 on the road with martin but 1-1 at home with martin. lets get a few home games in with martin and see how we do then before jumping to the obvious conclusion that they cant co-exist. we all know that they cant do it....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yeah I don't get that...
This team was spiraling weeks before Martin's return.

That's a load of hooey. The team was playing championship contenders before Kevin's return. And playing them right to the wire. Not sleepwalking around getting blownout by the league's dregs.

Throwing a player under the bus sucks. Throwing the rest of the team under the bus to defend said player is 100 times worse.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's a load of hooey. The team was playing championship contenders before Kevin's return. And playing them right to the wire. Not sleepwalking around getting blownout by the league's dregs.

Throwing a player under the bus sucks. Throwing the rest of the team under the bus to defend said player is 100 times worse.
Thats why I vote for throwing Dick Bavetta instead.

A

AriesMar27

lets not kid ourselves... the lakers and cavs were underestimating us and gave us a shot that very few teams get. that wont happen next time. though hawes had to go for 30 to keep us in the 2nd lakers game...

what other contenders were we playing? we lost to philly with and without martin. we lost to the wizards, whom we barely beat the first time. had to come back from 35 down to beat the bulls who are 3 games under .500... the nuggets are the only team that we've beaten twice this season. the 1st game we need 4-5 3pt shooting from nocioni and 2nd game was without carmelo.

lets look at our wins without martin....

jazz
warriors
thunder
rockets
knicks
nets
hornets
pacers
twolves
wizards
bucks
bulls
nuggets
nuggets

even the close losses are against unimpressive teams...

bulls
mavs
rockets
grizz
suns
heat
hornets
spurs
blazers
twolves
cavs
lakers
sixers
lakers
mavs
suns
warriors
magic

we've played 5 contenders and lost to all of them except for the nuggets... vy the end of the season, everyone will know what we have on our roster and they'll be ready... its not martin's fault that thompson is a scrub...(19 pts one game 7 the next) hawes is weak... casspi is in a shooting slump and greene is inconsistent. its the coaches and front office's fault for putting all of this on the backs of a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players... they know the teams weakness a lot better than we do and they chose to do nothing. they knew that martin and evans wouldnt work together, if they didnt then they should all be fired. we havent dominated a single team this season that wasnt a bottom feeder. the contenders that we did play, played down to our level. they werent playing championship caliber basketball. the lakers played us like we were the clippers, we werent a threat to them. lets not try to convice ourselves that we are better than we are.

losing to sub .500 teams is inexcusable, we shouldnt have lost to the sixers, definitely not twice... we shouldnt have lost to the wizards... or the twolves and warriors... we shouldve won our last 3 games martin or not. its not martins fault that this team would win 4 games then lose 4 games...

how is it martins fault that we were held to 86 points against the sixers and wizards? we have outscored our opponents in the 4th quater only three times this month and only won one game, against the nuggets...

martin has been here for a while, we know what we have with him and he isnt the reason why this team lost or why they have been losing. unfortunately for him the only way that he can help us is to be traded for someone who can help us.

lets not kid ourselves... the lakers and cavs were underestimating us and gave us a shot that very few teams get. that wont happen next time. though hawes had to go for 30 to keep us in the 2nd lakers game...
So the lakers still underestimated us after we took them to double overtime, but it won't happen again?...

A

AriesMar27

So the lakers still underestimated us after we took them to double overtime, but it won't happen again?...

no, hawes goes 4-5 from long range... who the hell saw that one coming? he scored almost 3 times his average in that game. he averages 10.8/5.8/1 but had 30/11... he hasnt scored over 17 since that day and has only made 5 threes since that game.

the team shot 10-19 from 3... how often does that happen? are you serious? we were overlooked in the first game and grossly overachieved in the second... still lost both games. :confused:

no, hawes goes 4-5 from long range... who the hell saw that one coming? he scored almost 3 times his average in that game. he averages 10.8/5.8/1 but had 30/11... he hasnt scored over 17 since that day and has only made 5 threes since that game.

the team shot 10-19 from 3... how often does that happen? are you serious? we were overlooked in the first game and grossly overachieved in the second... still lost both games. :confused:
If you have a method of distributing credit and blame, then you should at least be consistent. Part of being competitive is for players to have good games. We didn't even have Tyreke in that second game, so Hawes, Casspi and the others stepped up. That's what competitive teams do. If you say we were overachieving because of our 3-point percentage, then you have to put our home loss to Philly on their overachieving because they shot over 50% from 3 and they are one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the league.

Fact is, we were competitive in almost all of the games we lost. In the last two and a half games, since Kevin's return, we weren't even close to being competitive. I think what most people here are saying is that it's not Kevin's fault as a player, because he has been playing at a decent level. But the fact is, that Kevin's game, at this point, does not blend well with the identity that this team has formed in his absence, and it doesn't look like he is the one who is going to do the adjusting. If adjusting is to be done, it is the team that will have to adjust to Kevin's game. Now, the question is, is that what's best for this team's future?

A

AriesMar27

If you have a method of distributing credit and blame, then you should at least be consistent. Part of being competitive is for players to have good games. We didn't even have Tyreke in that second game, so Hawes, Casspi and the others stepped up. That's what competitive teams do. If you say we were overachieving because of our 3-point percentage, then you have to put our home loss to Philly on their overachieving because they shot over 50% from 3 and they are one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the league.

Fact is, we were competitive in almost all of the games we lost. In the last two and a half games, since Kevin's return, we weren't even close to being competitive. I think what most people here are saying is that it's not Kevin's fault as a player, because he has been playing at a decent level. But the fact is, that Kevin's game, at this point, does not blend well with the identity that this team has formed in his absence, and it doesn't look like he is the one who is going to do the adjusting. If adjusting is to be done, it is the team that will have to adjust to Kevin's game. Now, the question is, is that what's best for this team's future?

this team doesnt have an identity... thats part of the problem, tyreke is the only consistent player that we have since beno has hit his slump. the rest of the team just takes turns having a good game. we dont know what we have on our team and they dont know who will be the next player to have a good game. hawes might blow up for 30 points next game while thompson goes 1-5 again or vice versa... casspi and greene take turns having good games and occasionally nocioni will wake up a hit a few threes. we havent been very competetive this season, its like playing poker against a person who goes all in on every hand. we look like world beaters until the game comes to a close and we choke our way to another loss. missed freethrows and horrible passes galore...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
this team doesnt have an identity... thats part of the problem, tyreke is the only consistent player that we have since beno has hit his slump. the rest of the team just takes turns having a good game. we dont know what we have on our team and they dont know who will be the next player to have a good game. hawes might blow up for 30 points next game while thompson goes 1-5 again or vice versa... casspi and greene take turns having good games and occasionally nocioni will wake up a hit a few threes. we havent been very competetive this season, its like playing poker against a person who goes all in on every hand. we look like world beaters until the game comes to a close and we choke our way to another loss. missed freethrows and horrible passes galore...
your trolling is less amusing tonight

making statements like "this team doesn't have an identity" and "we haven't been very competitive this season" is either profoundly ignorant, or rather blatant fishing. Well you caught something. And believe me you don't want me. So put away the tackle and call it a night.

What you just described is exactly the identity of this team. It's a young team with very talented players who have been able to compete against the best teams, but came up short in most cases due to the inexperience of the players. Of course we lost a lot of games. No one expected this team to contend for the title or even to make a run for the playoffs. But there was always a direction and a pretty clear sight into the future. These days, not so much. The young players who saw this team contending for the title in 2-3 with them playing an important role on it, don't really know what their role is right now, and certainly what their role will be in the future. Here's a motivational downer for you.

Btw, I would say it's quite false to say that Tyreke was the only consistent guy on this team. Omri was very consistent until about a week and a half ago when he hit his slump. Beno has also been very consistent this year. Donte has had more good games than bad games, and so has JT (again, until he hit his slump). Not to mention Brockman, who consistently brought that energy boost off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.