Kings @ Bobcats game thread, 1/18, 11a.m. P.S.T.

WTF moment of the game

• Martin and Evans - not enough

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Beno continues to struggle

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Kenny Thomas sees the floor

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • JT and Donte STILL don't know how to avoid stupid fouls

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it about us and close calls at the end of games, we never seem to get one of those calls to go our way.

With everybody wanting to trade Kevin Martin away, is there really a deal that we can do that would get us the big that we officially need. I still think we need to give Martin some time to come back, maybe playing at home is what he needs right now, not coming back on a 5 - 6 game road trip.

It's not an excuse for losing, because we still should have won this game, but damn did the refs job us today. Terrible. At least three bad calls in the last few minutes. Donte's 'goaltending,' Brock's 'offensive interference,' and Tyreke hit in the face no call.

I seriously wonder what the Good Call/Bad Call ratio is in the last two minutes of games.... would the game be more fair of the referees just didn't make calls in crunch time? (Not saying that is a legit way to ref games). I feel like every time I hear that whistle in the last 2 mins its for some ridiculous totally out of this world call.

Look, I'm about the biggest Noce basher around but he was out playing Casspi today. If anything the starting line-up deserves the blame for how astoundingly bad they played in the first half.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Donte start over Casspi in the next game. Better defensively
Noc missed 2 critical shots for the win..thats it!
Beside of this he had a good game.
I would also like to see Donte in the starting lineup with Reke, Casspi, JT and Brockman.

I would also like to see Donte in the starting lineup with Reke, Casspi, JT and Brockman.
At this point you can't blame noc for anything. He sucks and the fact that he hit two huge 3's is all we can really ask for.

I'm thinking

Hawes
Brockman
Greene
Martin
Evans

will be the starting line up. Much better defensively with Greene and Brokman out there.
I dont think taking out JT is an option now. It will kill him and PW does not want it. I think he will give him more chances.
I think it will be
Hawes,JT,Donte,Martin,Evans

When we made our run, there were also lots of Gerald Wallace drives with no foul call.
Donaghy did say that Bavettas style of reffing games is waiting for a team to get a big lead, then evening the game out by giving the other team all the calls... then making the big really controversial calls to whatever team he feels like should lose.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
But Donte also missed a critical wide open three, Brockman was out of bound on that open lay-up, and so on and son on. Noce did as much to hurt the team as everybody else.

at least we know that we are alive and that this team still exist

now - changes have to be made
That's what I've taken away from this game as well.

If anything this game just continued to highlight the point that the Kings may be better off with-out Martin, which is a shame. Martin played 18 of his 25 minutes in the 1st half, and we just lacked cohesion and intensity. Martin was not in the game for the entire come-back.

Another really encouraging thing about this game is the fact that Westphal had no problems keeping basically the same crew out there to fight for the win. Brockman just shut down Diaw, so it was good to see Westphal stick with Brockman over JT, who was having a horrible game.

It seems simple. If we can somehow convert Martin into a legitimate big man (either defensive, (okafor/dalembert), post-scorer(jefferson), or star(bosh)) our team will get significantly better instantly.

I'm certain that these things are very evident to Geoff, so let's hope that another team is willing to participate in making a trade.

It seems simple. If we can somehow convert Martin into a legitimate big man (either defensive, (okafor/dalembert), post-scorer(jefferson), or star(bosh)) our team will get significantly better instantly.
Bosh??? how bout Howard?
good big guy worth more than Noc+Martin.
in the best case you will get Tyrus Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.