Kings @ Blazers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently you know something grant, jerry, and reggie don't..
Friendly suggestion: Instead of listening to employees of MS&E for opinions, try just looking over recent stats and remembering the games.

In this one, for example, Mikki had the worst +/- score on the entire team. Look back over recent games and see how he's done there, overall. Look at his PER versus the other bigs. Look at his rebounding and defensive stats. Hint: his rebounding is a hair better than stubby Shelden's. In all other cases, his performances in those stats are worse than any other big on the team except for KT.

You just gotta love Mikki's enthusiasm, but the guy's not that good of a ballplayer lately. And investing in his experience does nothing for us at this point.

I just got home from the Rose Garden.....Few Things I noticed:

When I got to my seats Kevin Martin was out shooting and running. He went end to end in a layup drill and was shooting jumpers off the dribble. He was out for about 10 minutes after I got to my seats. Second, the dynamic of the Kings bench is amazing. My seats were near the bench. Kenny Thomas literally, sat on the bench while the team was out for warmups before the game. Cisco was all over the place cheering and coaching his teammates on. At one point KT grabbed him by the jacket and tried to pull him down and Garcia was not listening to him. Good for Cisco. I am proud of the way the Kings played tonight. 2nd night of a back to back. 22 turnovers and we still have the ball with a chance to win on the road in a very hostile arena. I am excited about what I see from the Kings young guys. Here's to the future....

I just got home from the Rose Garden.....Few Things I noticed:

When I got to my seats Kevin Martin was out shooting and running. He went end to end in a layup drill and was shooting jumpers off the dribble. He was out for about 10 minutes after I got to my seats. Second, the dynamic of the Kings bench is amazing. My seats were near the bench. Kenny Thomas literally, sat on the bench while the team was out for warmups before the game. Cisco was all over the place cheering and coaching his teammates on. At one point KT grabbed him by the jacket and tried to pull him down and Garcia was not listening to him. Good for Cisco. I am proud of the way the Kings played tonight. 2nd night of a back to back. 22 turnovers and we still have the ball with a chance to win on the road in a very hostile arena. I am excited about what I see from the Kings young guys. Here's to the future....
im jealous:eek:

Friendly suggestion: Instead of listening to employees of MS&E for opinions, try just looking over recent stats and remembering the games.

In this one, for example, Mikki had the worst +/- score on the entire team. Look back over recent games and see how he's done there, overall. Look at his PER versus the other bigs. Look at his rebounding and defensive stats. Hint: his rebounding is a hair better than stubby Shelden's. In all other cases, his performances in those stats are worse than any other big on the team except for KT.

You just gotta love Mikki's enthusiasm, but the guy's not that good of a ballplayer lately. And investing in his experience does nothing for us at this point.
mikki is not a very good player.... what im talking about is the defense/offense subs that i like. thompson should start over mikki and i like spencer over moore also... mikki is garbage look at his stats. im just talking bput the d at the end of the game..

Funny thing....I hate to see my team lose, but I'm not too upset. I think this team played two very tough, healthy teams back-to-back and acquitted themselves quite well.

I wish JT had gotten more minutes (or Moore's minutes :p), but I am excited about what I see out there in our young talent. I can't wait until Martin and Cisco are back. :)

If we're not going to win that much, I'd much rather watch a young group, learning, scrapping on every play, excited for each other and looking to claw their way to contention than watch a tired, aging, disappointed and disillusioned team that's swirling the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.