Kings @ Blazers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess your right. To hell with the rebuild thing lets get a butt load of players like Mikki Moore. He is a ****ing beast.
its called trying to win... you make the right plays.. apparently you know something grant, jerry, and reggie don't.. maybe you should contact the maloofs....

Ahhhh that last play was terrible. Salmons lost it, had three defenders around him and didn't look up. Got away with a travel and used that advantage to take his first left-handed shot of the season.

SO CLOSE

Well, some things never change. Salmons drive into a triple-team and STILL takes the shot. Rebuilds should involve teaching and training the rookies, unfortunately for us, our vets have to be taught as well.

Yeah, my blame game of the night goes to John "KOBE BRYANT" Salmons who decided to dribble into traffic despite seeing a wide open Spencer Hawes in the corner. This team has been like the worst to be a fan of the last few years, not because we don't win. In that case there are plenty of worse teams to be into like the Knicks, the reason I say we are the worst is in the fashion that we lose in. I seriously think the Kings have lead the league in last second heart breakers for the past three years. Almost every game comes down to a play like that, and we pull out the win in maby 1 in 20 tries. Sweet Lord.

Salmons is too easy to defend on that play because you don't have to worry about him passing out of it.

Oh well. Can't say I expected a win, and the life of a Kings fan is to have losses like this one. :)

why are the kings not playing thompson a lot of minutes? I know he didn't score much this game but reggie didn't play him much last game either. He's one of the best on the team and needs to get more minutes to develop!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gah, this team is too hard to watch sometimes. Does any other team lose so freaking many close games?
At least they're close. That makes them bearable. I remember - along with a lot of others around here - when the Kings lost a boatload of games on a regular basis by double-digit figures where the first number was as often as not liable to be a 2 and not a 1.

Hard to watch??? This is a parade compared to days gone by...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
why are the kings not playing thompson a lot of minutes? I know he didn't score much this game but reggie didn't play him much last game either. He's one of the best on the team and needs to get more minutes to develop!
Can you say "conditioning"? Jason needs to learn to pace himself just a bit, if possible. When he leaves the court, he usually looks as though he's in desperate need of oxygen...

At least they're close. That makes them bearable. I remember - along with a lot of others around here - when the Kings lost a boatload of games on a regular basis by double-digit figures where the first number was as often as not liable to be a 2 and not a 1.

Hard to watch??? This is a parade compared to days gone by...
Its almost better to lose by twenty because that way it doesn't break our hearts every single game. I feel like all that effort was just wasted because of one play. Its sickening.

Entity

Hall of Famer
its called trying to win... you make the right plays.. apparently you know something grant, jerry, and reggie don't.. maybe you should contact the maloofs....
Are you serious? Are you Mikki's wife? The guy averages 5 rebounds a month and 1 blk every 2 years. Yet he is the guy that should be on the court in the final minute becuase.... He can stand there with his hands straight up better than anybody?? Unfourtunatley he also does the same when recieveing a pass. 6 TO's tonight Hell he almost lost that last rebound with nobody around.

Its almost better to lose by twenty because that way it doesn't break our hearts every single game. I feel like all that effort was just wasted because of one play. Its sickening.
Yeah, it's better to lose by 20. Saves us the heartache, less expectations, and, most importantly, we can all start guessing which fan will represent us at the NBA Draft Lottery next year!

Give me a break.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It doesn't break my heart. And it's not wasted effort if the kids continue to improve. Spencer Hawes played HUGE tonight and that alone made it worthwhile for me.

I'm sorry if you're so hurt but I just cannot share your pain. Pain is watching a team that doesn't care, has no hope for the future and no reason to do anything but sit back and collect their collective paychecks. I've seen that team; I've even seen it in Kings uniforms and it's not pretty.

This game may not have elicited a W but it kept my attention. I guess we'll have to agree that we have conceptually different viewpoints.

GO KINGS!!!

Yeah, it's better to lose by 20. Saves us the heartache, makes us question personnel decisions more and, most importantly, we can all start guessing which fan will represent us at the NBA Draft Lottery next year!

Give me a break.
When it comes to the growth of our team, no its not better to lose by twenty. When it comes to my personal welfare and not moving another step towards killing myself, then yes, i would rather lose by twenty. These types of losses kill me inside, especially when all the other fans go around saying we suck and the next game against us is gonna be easy, because all they see is the big fat L instead of how hard we played. Then im like, ok yay, they won't be expecting much and we'll surprise them the next game, and it turns out we do. We surprise them with a hard fought game they weren't expecting only to be crushed once again by a star player and a failed game winning shot and then it comes around full circle.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Seriously where the hell is Kevin and Cisco. I have seen death heal faster.
Seriously, it's much better in the long run to make sure they're completely healed than to bring them back too quickly.

It's been reported that Cisco is very close. The problem with Kevin isn't his ankle any longer. From what has been reported, there's fluid collecting in the tendon behind the ankle. You don't mess with something like that...

You really don't think they want to be back as soon as possible and that the team doesn't miss them?

piksi

Hall of Famer
We played well with what we had on the court. Maybe it will be easier if You watch the game to watch the game insted to to watch the win or loss. Only problem is the fact that veterans played too much for no reason. Everything else wa okay.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When it comes to the growth of our team, no its not better to lose by twenty. When it comes to my personal welfare and not moving myself a step towards killing myself, then yes, i would rather lose by twenty. These types of losses kill me inside, especially when all the other fans go around saying we suck and the next game against us is gonna be easy, because all they see is the big fat L instead of how hard we played.Then im like, ok yay, they won't be expecting much and we'll surprise them the next game, and it turns out we do. We surprise them with a hard fought game they weren't expecting only to be crushed once again by a star player and a failed game winning shot and then it comes around full circle.
Sorry, dude, but your personal welfare doesn't rate very high on my scale of what's good for the future of the Kings.

Ryan

I like turtles
I'm not so mad at Salmons for the last shot as I am over his general shot selection. The last play was drawn out correctly, he just lost the ball, and passing it might have taken too much time off the clock.

Ryan

I like turtles
I haven't had much of a chance to watch the Kings over the past four years due to being in SoCal, but I have to say the more I watch this team the more I like them. They play hard every night (at least it seems that way) which is a huge step from last year.

I have no problem w/ Salmons taking the last shot.

He is the only one w/ the chance to make it. I take it you all missed JT's 6 ft hook brick, and Millers 12 ft airball in the ending seconds a couple games back.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Holy Crap is it just me or is anyone else having deja vu and these exact same posts by the exact same people about a game ending the exact same way or near that way happened before?

I thought I was reading a 1 year old thread or something... hmm

Entity

Hall of Famer
Holy Crap is it just me or is anyone else having deja vu and these exact same posts by the exact same people about a game ending the exact same way or near that way happened before?

I thought I was reading a 1 year old thread or something... hmm
even the superninja bikini babes part??

It doesn't break my heart. And it's not wasted effort if the kids continue to improve. Spencer Hawes played HUGE tonight and that alone made it worthwhile for me.

I'm sorry if you're so hurt but I just cannot share your pain. Pain is watching a team that doesn't care, has no hope for the future and no reason to do anything but sit back and collect their collective paychecks. I've seen that team; I've even seen it in Kings uniforms and it's not pretty.

This game may not have elicited a W but it kept my attention. I guess we'll have to agree that we have conceptually different viewpoints.

GO KINGS!!!
Don't get me wrong, in the big picture i share the same view as you. I just get really emotional and its hard for me to lose like this every single night. But seriously, the Kings are the only franchise to not make the finals in the last 50 years! And thats going back to Rochester days obviously. The only other teams who haven't made the finals are teams who were founded in the 70's 80's 90's and 00's. Im just wondering how long its going to be before we see the Kings in the finals, if ever. I know you've endured alot of days as a Kings fan and alot of bad ones at that, your used to losing like this. I however have not had the displeasure of going through a rebuilding phase since im only 17 and ive only been a serious Kings fan since 2000, I'm used to winning, and seeing our team fall apart the last 3 years flat out sucks. Yeah, im excited about our players, I love hawes, next to Martin he's my favorite player now. But i can't help but think that even when we do get good again its gonna be all for not. I can't see us contending again, like we did a few years ago, for a long time. Before 2000 it took us 20 years to make it just past the first round and im scared its gonna get back to that. Just try not to be so hard ma kay, i get the point. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.