[Game] Kings at Wizards, Sunday Nov. 24, 3 PM PT/6 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wizards are the highest scoring team in the league and also give up the most points. It'll be a boat race, which should serve Buddy Hield well.

My numbers have the Wiz winning 119 to 114.8. By adding +2 points to the Wiz for home court and -4 against the Wiz for the Kings recent, improving defense, I have the game at 117 to 114.8--a 2.16 point difference. Basically a toss up. That said, it looks like Bogi will be out, so without Bogi, I see the Wiz winning this game.

The relevant stats follow:

1. The biggest difference between the two teams is offensive assists. The margin is 27%. With the Kings tallying a -6% offensive assists relative to the league average while the Wiz are coming in at a +20%. Expect a ton of drive and assists from IT and Beal.

2. The remaining key stats are close. The only categories with a 10% or greater difference is assists defended and turnovers. The Kings defend assist better, coming in at -2.4% relative to the league average while the Wiz are giving up 9.2% more assists than the league average. And turnovers where the Kings turn the ball over 5% more than the league average while the Wiz are turning the ball over -6% less than the league average.

With Fox and Bogs, the higher than normal assists given up by the Wiz would be an area for the Kings to exploit. Without either in the lineup, it's going to be a loss opportunity.

The line is 3.5, which seems about right without Bogi. I just don't see how the Kings win without him tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Hope for the best, expect the worst!

After what we saw last game, I can't imagine today being a W. But who knows, the 3 point shooting was atrocious in Brooklyn, if it comes back to normal levels that'll help.

Barnes and Buddy need to step it up. They're the dudes with everyone else of note being out. I want 20 plus from both those guys.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Did Giles earn himself some more minutes looking good against the Nets? I hope so.,, if he’s not playing I’m not watching.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Jason Anderson @JandersonSacBee
Kings guard Bogdan Bogdanovic has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable for today's game against the Washington Wizards. Cory Joseph is probable. Trevor Ariza is still away from the team due to personal reasons.
Wasn't Bogs questionable in the last game? Doubtful, questionable, probable. How about do-able for Bogs. What is concerning about Bogs is that we see these injuries that are not caused by contact. In this case, he just pulls up lame. Let's get that elite Kings' medical staff on it!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm looking for IT to resort to hero ball, something he seems to be unable to avoid when he plays the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bogs looking like he really wants to do some damage. Buddy looking ... well ... not so much. What the heck is that little hip-hop IT has added to his jumper?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah, he's a terrible defender, but he is not an easy post up, especially for players who never post up anyway.
At this point in his career, especially with his hip injury, a quick player is going to bother him a lot more. I'd like to see Yogi on him, on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.