[Game] Kings at Spurs, Friday December 6, 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Spurs execute the worst fast break in the history of the NBA.
Walton is coaching the Kings out of wins. Why is Joseph starting and playing during crunch time when Yogi is clearly a better all around point guard. Joseph can't shoot and teams don't have to guard him. And then why is Luke playing Joseph and Ariza at the same time. Basically you have two non scorers and inefficient players on the court. They are so poor at shooting they won't shoot when wide open

Actual, unironic quote from Sean Elliot: “They lost WCS this off-season and it made them worse”. They’re not as bad as Boston with Heinsohn, but they’re within shouting distance.
What an idiot

I thought losing Willie was regrettable when Dedmon was in the starting lineup throwing entry passes into the third row but Holmes is clearly an upgrade over Willie. He does everything Willie did but with more efficiency and he does all those things that Willie doesn’t bother to do

Wow I’m speechless. Don’t know what to say. That was from start to end the worst basketball I’ve ever seen. It felt like we kept raising the level of stupidity with each possession toward the end. Haven’t been in this much disbelief since the days of JT and Kenny Thomas

That's why you can't let games like this and the Bulls game slip away. Now we see what they're made of. One of the next two games likely just became an early season "must win".
In true kings fashion we will prob win the games we are supposed to lose after losing the last few we should have won.

How many defensive assignments does Buddy miss in clutch situations?

Im sorry but i don’t care if he hits 16 threes in the next game. We’ll never do anything significant with boneheaded players like this.

Why can’t we ever escape less than smart players? You’d think things would finally turn around for us on a consistent level after years of crap and heartbreak

Honestly, this should count as two losses. It was that bad.
You never know it might! haha. This is the kind of loss you could potentially look back on and say it either started the slide back or is the one you just can't seem to make up at the end of the year as you find yourself a game or so out of playoff contention.

Well at least buddy took the blame on the loss. A lot of players contributed to the loss but he knew he blew that play in the end and owned it.

The
And the Kings' next game is in Dallas? Why, I'm sure that [Game] thread won't be contentious, at all!

:: files PTO paperwork in mod forum ::
watched the last minute of regulation and all of overtime. Wow. That was BS. THAT..... is why I don’t watch the kings consistently anymore. Wow.
Slim, the game thread here won’t be contentious because of us regulars at the Doncic only thread. I won’t come here and talk about him even though the kings are playing him and his team. Really just no point in doing that.

Well at least buddy took the blame on the loss. A lot of players contributed to the loss but he knew he blew that play in the end and owned it.
It’s fine taking the blame but it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t improve. He has bad tendencies at the end of games and unfortunately teams know it and exploit it. Nuggets were the laughingstock last week for not putting up a shot, but if it was Buddy not JJ on the weakside we would have seen a replica of today

How many defensive assignments does Buddy miss in clutch situations?

Im sorry but i don’t care if he hits 16 threes in the next game. We’ll never do anything significant with boneheaded players like this.

Why can’t we ever escape less than smart players? You’d think things would finally turn around for us on a consistent level after years of crap and heartbreak
Buddy “falling asleep” as Doug and Peaches described it is flat out inexcusable. I’m so tired of seeing players making millions of dollars and allegedly in the gym 16 hours a day and studying film making the most ridiculous brain dead decisions. There’s just no excuse for it.

Any scrub at the local gym understands that when your team is up 3 with a final shot upcoming that you need not collapse on a drive. WHY? You should thank them for taking a worthless 2.

We saw Justin James understand that fundamental principal just a week ago against Denver, when he wasn’t duped by Jamal Murray driving then looking to dish for an open three.

And James has only played a grand total of 11 games in the NBA, averaging a mere 12 minutes per game. But he already gets it.

WTF is Buddy Hield’s excuse? He has none. To make matters worse, the guy can’t even make shots anymore. Many of his shooting stat lines lately have resembled the bearded hag minus all the bogus trips the the line.

It’d be one thing if this was a rare occurrence. But we‘ve been critical of Buddy’s BBIQ for a long time. Because he does these types of things all the freaking time.

I‘m done with him. Consider me one KINGS fan with major buyers remorse over that contract. The KINGS will never become the team they strive to be with players like Buddy in the core. I’m thoroughly convinced of it.

Lastly, when the hell can Swipa suit up again? While Corey Joseph does play good defense, his PG skills are awful. He started the landslide tonight with 2 ridiculous unforgivable turnovers when the team was up 9 with under 2 minutes to go.

Can’t lose a game like that. Just can’t do it. But CoJo and Buddy made it happen. Thanks a lot guys.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
APOLOGY

Sorry I over-reacted over some of your (well, what I thought were) over-reactions. It must be the grandmother in me - at times, anyway. Other times, as some of you are well aware, I tend to over-react the other way and go for the jugular.

I should have stayed in the kitchen and simply had another Fire Nog. The Kings would have won. This loss, unfortunately, is on me for not stocking up enough on Egg Nog.

:)

For all of you who "won't be paying attention vs. Dallas": You lie. You'll be right there after the game, likely basking in the glory of how right you were about Doncic. I support the sacramento kings, not just the individual players. It's never been an easy team to follow(barring a few years). Nothing has changed and I love me some Marvin Bagley regardless.

Marco Belinelli has killed us badly as he did when he was with us.
Yeah, that was the nice salt in the open wound play that seemingly always happens.

Belinelli is trash. Has always been trash. Was utter trash when he played for the KINGS. But when Buddy decided to play brain dead basketball and allowed him to come open off the curl, I told my wife that shot was going in because of who it was. That’s how karma works for this franchise. A trash player for the KINGS that rarely made shots like that wasn‘t going to miss against the KINGS.

Last edited:
Buddy was watching the drive for some reason.
An inexcusable reason.

And it won’t be the last time.

I honestly don’t understand why Buddy is even in the game when the team is up 3 and needing a stop. Can some one riddle me that?

Also, this outcome was another reason why I would play the foul game up 3 with under :10 to go. They had plenty of opportunity to foul Derozan as he held the ball before initiating the play.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
not really much to say here, Kings find another way to lose when they could of had this one sealed up but what I'm trying to figure out is how good does Ariza have it with Luke? the guy almost played 30 minutes. There is no other NBA team out there that would give this man that many minutes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm more indifferent than anything.

I'll tune in when Bags is back. Or maybe for the Dallas game just to see what a **** show the game thread will be when Luka dominates us.
If you come into a game thread and root for the other team (or its star player), you're a troll. If some want to praise Luka, they're not gonna do it in the game thread.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The

watched the last minute of regulation and all of overtime. Wow. That was BS. THAT..... is why I don’t watch the kings consistently anymore. Wow.
Slim, the game thread here won’t be contentious because of us regulars at the Doncic only thread. I won’t come here and talk about him even though the kings are playing him and his team. Really just no point in doing that.
Probably because we're gonna be posting in that thread instead of the game thread! :p

Maybe I'll post in both. Obviously I'm gonna be rooting for the Kings to beat the Mavs, but I'm also going to want to rip on Vlade mercilessly the entire game. I reckon I can be a good Kings fan in one thread and a bitter Kings fan in the other!

gunks

Hall of Famer
If you come into a game thread and root for the other team (or its star player), you're a troll. If some want to praise Luka, they're not gonna do it in the game thread.
Pffft...I aint no troll. When we play the Mavs, I'm gonna be rooting for Luka.... to have his worst game of the season. It's a pity we don't have Fox to lock him up like last year.

I'll be a good boy in the game thread.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pffft...I aint no troll. When we play the Mavs, I'm gonna be rooting for Luka.... to have his worst game of the season. It's a pity we don't have Fox to lock him up like last year.

I'll be a good boy in the game thread.
I trust you ... and most of the other regulars. I'm secretly hoping Luka has the worst night of his entire career...but not putting money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.