[Game] Kings "at" Lakers, Thursday August 13th, 10:30 AM PT

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So...it's the final game of the year, it's at 10:30 in the morning (!!), and the only reason I'll be watching is because I don't get to go in to work anyway.

Normally for a game like this draft standing might be on the line, but with records for the draft frozen at pre-bubble standings, it won't make any difference. However, our spot in the lotto is still not set in stone. If either San Antonio or Phoenix gets the final playoff spot, we will have a coin flip with New Orleans for the 11/12 spots in the lottery, if the final playoff spot goes to Portland or Memphis, wee will have a coin flip with New Orleans for the 12/13 spots in the lottery.

To simplify this four team race (without going into the details of tie-breakers) Portland leads Memphis leads Phoenix leads San Antonio. They all play today but none play each other. The top-seeded team to win "hosts" the play-in game(s) from the 8 slot, the next-best-seeded team to win "challenges" in the play-in game(s) from the 9 slot.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Giles scoops up a Lakers flub in transition and bolts down court with 15-foot strides to split the lane and jam it.

So, in a game that isn't going to be normal or represent Jack, you run your veterans almost all quarter and leave the young ones who are unknown on the bench so you still don't know what you may have at the end. Why is Walton coaching this game?

Belly has been doing a little bit of everything. Inside, outside, passing and some help D. I'll bet Lebron will recruit him as a teammate before long.

So, in a game that isn't going to be normal or represent Jack, you run your veterans almost all quarter and leave the young ones who are unknown on the bench so you still don't know what you may have at the end. Why is Walton coaching this game?
to make his coaching record look better and make the Kings not look as sorry when you go back and view historical records.

That's why I asked why he was coaching this game. Don't give him the opportunity. The team matters more than him.

I kinda get where he's coming from. Are there really any tough decisions to make about the kids? Jeffries and James likely will be 11-12th men, Guy likely back in Stockton, no? The bigger question marks are the pending free agents, and what they have in Parker if he opts in.

I kinda get where he's coming from. Are there really any tough decisions to make about the kids? Jeffries and James likely will be 11-12th men, Guy likely back in Stockton, no? The bigger question marks are the pending free agents, and what they have in Parker if he opts in.
If the Kings still don’t know what they are doing with free agents and need a meaningless game where the Lakers are resting players as a determining factor then they are even more hopeless than I thought. Instead of going into next season with guys you know nothing about as the assumed 10 - 12th, why not give them more run to get a better idea of whether or not they might be better fits for playing time than the incumbents that can’t get us to the 8th seed?

Giles getting 3 minutes, Guy getting 5 minutes and James getting 9 minutes is an utter disgrace. It's like Walton thinks we're all idiots who can't see past the team record and "finishing 2-0 is good momentum in next season" sort of bullcrap.

Hoping for massive FO changes, but expecting more of the same company line and watching this team compete for 37 wins next season. good times.

Giles getting 3 minutes, Guy getting 5 minutes and James getting 9 minutes is an utter disgrace. It's like Walton thinks we're all idiots who can't see past the team record and "finishing 2-0 is good momentum in next season" sort of bullcrap.

Hoping for massive FO changes, but expecting more of the same company line and watching this team compete for 37 wins next season. good times.
The local media will definitely play this up however, and half the fanbase has blinders on B/C Vlade so it doesn't really matter if WE don't buy the "good momentum" BS.

Meh. Didn't watch, so maybe this isn't fair, but it's starting to sound a little like this around here:

Kings fans: play more small ball!
Kings: experiment with a Parker/Bjelica lineup in the last game
Kings fans: not like that!

I mean it was fun to watch but I'd rather get blown out and have the youngsters get 30 minutes of NBA basketball.

Also I hope I never see buddy in a kings jersey again.