[Game] Kings at Bucks, 1/22/2022 4pm PT/7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys suck.

Simmons or Sabonis is the same trash treadmill that may or may not bump them up 1-2 seeds in the standings.

Either keep Fox or break him into rebuilding assets as their best asset.
There isn't a player out there on paper by himself that's going to change anything. The Kings had weaknesses coming into the season on the wing, negative vibes, a coach just waiting to be fired, players traded then brought back, others offered at draft time and tossed back with a no thank you. So far the only thing that has changed is the coach was replaced... well with another guy basically waiting to be fired. lol. There is talent here, but the problems are that who is running this crap show is still obviously running it.

Maybe time to flip over to football. Bucks got it back up to a pretty sizable lead. If we lose, I blame fox for not cheering his teammates on enough.

Last edited:
One day, hopefully we get to see Marvin at center with this small ball team full time. If there is any chance of this turning into something positive, it's there. Not pushing mediocrity at center with Jones/Metu trade off game to game. Unfortunately, 3 years is probably too late, but the sliver of daylight is there Monte. For like, maybe a week or so.

One day, hopefully we get to see Marvin at center with this small ball team full time. If there is any chance of this turning into something positive, it's there. Not pushing mediocrity at center with Jones/Metu trade off game to game. Unfortunately, 3 years is probably too late, but the sliver of daylight is there Monte. For like, maybe a week or so.
Well Richaun seems to be on the trade block so maybe he gets it ?

Well Richaun seems to be on the trade block so maybe he gets it ?
I think Marvin and Holmes as the center rotation is fine. Holmes and Bagley could still share some minutes together too. It's players like Jones/Metu gobbling up 30 mpg that's killing this. Not because they totally suck but you aren't winning consistently doing it, and there is no value there. These aren't even upside players. They are tapped out mid 20's role players that have been around. Play Queta if that's the goal. Him being an unknown by itself is more of an upside scenario. 4 bigs per game means no small ball again when every 5 man stat shows it as their best units, and platooning all 4 means nobody gets minutes enough to produce so trade value plummets.

Bucks length clearly is affecting Ty more than usual.
And they absolutely played up and pressured him on pick and roll like some other teams have. When they do, best bet, he's passing. This is where him getting that weight is crucial. The difference between him being productive by taking the right shots and creating shots or getting to the rim consistently is him handling that pressure by putting his body into it, nudging guys off, or splitting the doubles. He'll never be Bibby level physically but Bibby used his body better than most PG's by busting the seam wide open when teams doubled him. Fox moves the defense which is a big deal for a lead guard.

I think Marvin and Holmes as the center rotation is fine. Holmes and Bagley could still share some minutes together too. It's players like Jones/Metu gobbling up 30 mpg that's killing this. Not because they totally suck but you aren't winning consistently doing it, and there is no value there. These aren't even upside players. They are tapped out mid 20's role players that have been around. Play Queta if that's the goal. Him being an unknown by itself is more of an upside scenario. 4 bigs per game means no small ball again when every 5 man stat shows it as their best units, and platooning all 4 means nobody gets minutes enough to produce so trade value plummets.
I agree I think the 4 perimeter players and 1 big gives the Kings good spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.