[Game] Kings at Blazers, Wednesday Dec. 4, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Bagley needs to drink gallons of milk, take calcium pills, drink directly from the cow's udder, whatever it takes. We need him badly and we need him now. If Bogs has to go to an acupuncturist and look like a seamstress's pin cushion or a Haitian voodoo doctor to get well, get on it. The Kings' playoff chances are swirling down the drain.
The Kings staff are finally coming to their senses about Bogdan injury - should never have been playing.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
While he was off shooting, he had 23 pts, 7 rbs, 7 asts, and 2 stls. More importantly, he had 1 (albeit a very costly one) turnover. If his shooting was just a tick better, there would literally be nothing to complain about on his stat line.

I don't know what people are expecting. The team is missing three of their four best players. It's gonna be tough to beat just about any NBA team in that scenario.

Not just that but we're missing the 3 offensive players that everyone else on the team is supposed to "fit in" with as support players. Now, all of a sudden, everyone else has to operate well above their USG capability and we're seeing Buddy being forced into Steph Curry levels of USG, which he's just not capable of handling.

Hopefully our training staff lets Bagley freaking play, already. They act like we’re playing in the eastern conference and he’s recovering from a knee injury

We need our guys back. There’s only so much this hobbled roster can do. Can’t even be mad at this effort

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Hield took 24 shots and scored only 23 points, less than a point per shot attempt. At a minimum, he needed to score 31 points (1.3 pts/shot)on those 24 shot attempts. His lack of efficiency was a big problem in this game. Also, he was absolutely abused by McCollum, who scored 33 points off of 22 shot attempts (1.5 points/shot attempt).

Hield took 24 shots and scored only 23 points, less than a point per shot attempt. At a minimum, he needed to score 31 points (1.3 pts/shot)on those 24 shot attempts. His lack of efficiency was a big problem in this game. Also, he was absolutely abused by McCollum, who scored 33 points off of 22 shot attempts (1.5 points/shot attempt).
Give the shots to CoJo m I rite?

Buddy wasn’t even in the game the beginning of the 2nd when McCollum went off. I believe he scored 9 pts off 4/5 shooting in the first 4 mins of the quarter. And Ariza was guarding him at the end of the game. You can’t just say their sg went off so it must be our sg’s fault. His efficiency was bad but he did other things like assist and reb.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
30% from the field (8-24) and 25% from the three (3-12) is Bad. Kinda like Bad Bogi.
I agree but we literally had no one else right now. Teams actually have to plan for and defend Buddy while they can pretty much just play straight man defense on the rest of the team without having to pay for it.

We can place the blame on Buddy but the truth is that we are missing three of our best 4 or 5 players. Buddy is a dead eye shooter when playing OFF of the other guys. Yea he can get hot and carry the team here or there but expecting, no demanding it, night in and out is not what he can bring. I get its hard to swallow after giving him a big contract, but theres a reason its not a max. We really need Bogi, Bagley, and Fox back.

Amazing game from Holmes, I thought Ariza played great D but I think something sorely lacking on the Kings even when healthy is the ability to see the floor and see the play one step ahead aside from Bjelly and at times Bogi /Fox no one else can do it.

Bjeilica season best game thrown away..... it was apparent the offense was stalled with that group.....would've kept Yogi and Bjelica...they needed scoring.
I watched just the last 6 minutes of the game. The team played great defense, on offense Buddy was terrible. So, I asked myself why Bjelica was not playing and why JJ was not playing instead of Buddy. I checked boxscore, it looked like he had a good game. Today, I looked at the highlights and saw opponents scoring on Bjelica at will. So, based on my incomplete info, it looks like he had a good game on offense, but he was abused on defense.

I watched just the last 6 minutes of the game. The team played great defense, on offense Buddy was terrible. So, I asked myself why Bjelica was not playing and why JJ was not playing instead of Buddy. I checked boxscore, it looked like he had a good game. Today, I looked at the highlights and saw opponents scoring on Bjelica at will. So, based on my incomplete info, it looks like he had a good game on offense, but he was abused on defense.
This is true, but I'm not sure how the offense/defense equals out. His defense wasn't great, but he did have a couple of blocks late in the 3rd that sparked the Kings a bit. I thought for sure that Walton would have brought him back with 6 mins left after playing him the whole third, but instead I got to see Buddy turn it over a lot and CoJo dribble around reminding everyone that he rarely looks to shoot. It's tough sledding on offense when you have 2 non shooters out there in CoJo and Holmes, especially late in games. Nemanja definitely helps with that, which isn't news, but in the end I have no clue how to determine whether the offense from Nemanja offsets the defense. I just like that dude out there.

Unrelated: Nemanja is soooo stoic out there, but he kinda got tripped on one play late in the third, fell to the ground and turned the ball over, then started slamming his hands on the floor in frustration (probably with the refs). Biggest outburst I have ever seen from him. He's alive in there! - still waters run deep.

On a night when the shots were falling, the Kings' barely slowed down the Blazers on defense at all. Sacto went to some pressure defense late in the third and part of the fourth and statyed in the game. Portland showed a lot of offense. Anthony makes them better.

Time to stop complaining about injuries. It is part of the game.

Number 22 was spectacular. A modest role player describes his main responsibility as "playing on the defensive end." He quietly gets something like 26/10. A huge bright spot. A shout out to Bjelica for playing an inspired game.

This is true, but I'm not sure how the offense/defense equals out. His defense wasn't great, but he did have a couple of blocks late in the 3rd that sparked the Kings a bit. I thought for sure that Walton would have brought him back with 6 mins left after playing him the whole third, but instead I got to see Buddy turn it over a lot and CoJo dribble around reminding everyone that he rarely looks to shoot. It's tough sledding on offense when you have 2 non shooters out there in CoJo and Holmes, especially late in games. Nemanja definitely helps with that, which isn't news, but in the end I have no clue how to determine whether the offense from Nemanja offsets the defense. I just like that dude out there.

Unrelated: Nemanja is soooo stoic out there, but he kinda got tripped on one play late in the third, fell to the ground and turned the ball over, then started slamming his hands on the floor in frustration (probably with the refs). Biggest outburst I have ever seen from him. He's alive in there! - still waters run deep.
Unfortunately, his blocks were not included in HLs I watched. I said I have limited info. How about people who actually watched the game. Can anyone make a recap?

Again I would like to ask - you're the coach of team X. You're playing the Kings without Fox, Bagley and Bogdanovic. What is your defensive game plan? Is it:
a) Go over the screen or collapse on Cory Joseph and leave someone else open
b) Face guard Trevor Ariza - he's not catching the ball!
c) Stay close to Richaun Holmes; don't want to leave him open for an outside shot
d) Run everyone at Buddy Hield and leave the above mentioned guys open

C'mon - COTY award up for grabs.

Buddy wasn’t even in the game the beginning of the 2nd when McCollum went off. I believe he scored 9 pts off 4/5 shooting in the first 4 mins of the quarter. And Ariza was guarding him at the end of the game. You can’t just say their sg went off so it must be our sg’s fault. His efficiency was bad but he did other things like assist and reb.
Nah this season is apparently a loss because Buddy Hield isn't Michael eff'in Jordan. Buddy should be averaging 40 points on 5 shots while also never dribbling the ball and only shooting open catch and shoot 3s while Fox, Bagley and Bogs are on the bench. Also he's only averaging 34 mpg for the season and 37mpg since Fox went out - why can't he play 48mpg? I'll tell you why - because of his poor defense that forces Coach Walton to bench him. Oh lord give Walton strength to deal with this weak player who clearly doesn't put the team first.

Last edited:
Again I would like to ask - you're the coach of team X. You're playing the Kings without Fox, Bagley and Bogdanovic. What is your defensive game plan? Is it:
a) Go over the screen or collapse on Cory Joseph and leave someone else open
b) Face guard Trevor Ariza - he's not catching the ball!
c) Stay close to Richaun Holmes; don't want to leave him open for an outside shot
d) Run everyone at Buddy Hield and leave the above mentioned guys open

C'mon - COTY award up for grabs.
I agree with your point. However, defense better stay close to Mr. Holmes, because he will either attack the middle and hit short floater or dunk. Besides him, they also have to pay attention to Barns. However, CoJos' defender can double Buddy without fear of CoJo scoring.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
You should have seen the beginning of the game. That's was the beginning of the carnage. Ariza was guarding McCollum because Buddy obviously couldn't.