Kings after Ingram

The big desire for Monte to make a move is so last season doesn’t happen. I’m sure as hell not okay with last season, and having another one like it can’t happen again. I mean, it absolutely can, but Monte can’t just sit and wait and wait and wait for THE opportunity, because THAT opportunity isn’t even likely to fall in our laps
Again though, the biggest issue last season was Monte ran it back by picking up pieces or keeping pieces that weren't difference makers nor had tremendous upside. Sasha did, but we saw what happened there. Players like Lyles are good, but they don't change anything. Picking up Sasha doesn't mean much if he's fighting for minutes at a position that doesn't really get much time to begin with. Duarte was a gamble that when seen last, didn't look so good on the floor. Monte definitely needs to get off of Huerter right now, but other than that, the Kings have a nice young core that they kind of lucked into with Keegan, Keon, and now Carter. That has infinitely more upside than stacking late 20's/nearing or over 30's types like last offseason. Sure, the young guys could fizzle out, but there is far more upside to the team in a worst case this season. The Kings long term have two positions to fill, SG/F. It's possible the SG spot is now full. That's a major step in the right direction.

Again though, the biggest issue last season was Monte ran it back by picking up pieces or keeping pieces that weren't difference makers nor had tremendous upside. Sasha did, but we saw what happened there. Players like Lyles are good, but they don't change anything. Picking up Sasha doesn't mean much if he's fighting for minutes at a position that doesn't really get much time to begin with. Duarte was a gamble that when seen last, didn't look so good on the floor. Monte definitely needs to get off of Huerter right now, but other than that, the Kings have a nice young core that they kind of lucked into with Keegan, Keon, and now Carter. That has infinitely more upside than stacking late 20's/nearing or over 30's types like last offseason. Sure, the young guys could fizzle out, but there is far more upside to the team in a worst case this season. The Kings long term have two positions to fill, SG/F. It's possible the SG spot is now full. That's a major step in the right direction.
Lets not forget, no FRP. We got a good value in Colby Jones, but that's not close to a lotto pick.

I don't think Huerter is the issue, need to upgrade Barnes spot in the starting line up with someone more consistent.

Lets not forget, no FRP. We got a good value in Colby Jones, but that's not close to a lotto pick.

I don't think Huerter is the issue, need to upgrade Barnes spot in the starting line up with someone more consistent.
Huerter is the issue in the sense that Monk, Carter, and Keon makes him towel waver unless they flop. I'd say odds of towelwaving is far more likely than flop. Even so, Brown has continuously looked for answers that supplant Huerter starting in the Warriors playoff series. Huerter is the best shooter, but the Kings are looking for more out of that position and the team in general.

Huerter is the issue in the sense that Monk, Carter, and Keon makes him towel waver unless they flop. I'd say odds of towelwaving is far more likely than flop. Even so, Brown has continuously looked for answers that supplant Huerter starting in the Warriors playoff series. Huerter is the best shooter, but the Kings are looking for more out of that position and the team in general.
Huerter can play some 3.

Tobias Harris on the full MLE is actually very very interesting. I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing somewhere where he's out of the spotlight too.
Tobias Harris for the full MLE would be a coup for Monte. We keep our 1st round picks and still have great depth with HB and Huerter.

The Kings would be stacked 2 deep and keep their salary cap flexibility to re-sign Keegan in a couple of years.

PF: Harris / HB / Lyles
SF: Keegan / Huerter
C Sabonis / Len / Lyles
SG Ellis / Monk / Jones
PG: Fox / Carter

Is there a trend for us to go after players with questionable physic or moral ...
Ingram , LeVine, Kuzma ....
All those 3 are screaming stay away in my eyes ...

P.S. do we have the money to keep HB , KH , and buy Harris as ockingsfan suggest ?
\

I just can''t see any one of LaVine/Ingram/Kuzma/Jeremi Grant putting the Kings over the top last season was the year to do it with Zinger/Holiday types, I think this might be the time to go for 2 "flexible" pieces To me the only guy that's really worth it that might be on the trading block is Lauri

Is there a trend for us to go after players with questionable physic or moral ...

P.S. do we have the money to keep HB , KH , and buy Harris as ockingsfan suggest ?
\
Yes, because the Kings have made Keegan unavailable. If the Kings want a super value buy it starts with Keegan.

\
Kings can use the full MLE to sign him. It just hard caps us. If we only use like $5 mill we stay under tax. If we can somehow unload Duarte for nothing that frees another $5 mil.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There is no way in hell Vivek accepts a new draft pick, tinkering with the bench and a run it back again off-season. The real danger here is Monte is simply going to run out of time before Vivek pushes him forward with something stupid.
There is a big difference between drafting Devin Carter at #13 this year and drafting Colby Jones at #34 + Jalen Slawson at #54 last year. Jones and Slawson played no meaningful role in the team's overall success this season -- Carter will in 2024-2025. Other moves need to be made of course, but this is a pretty significant detail to gloss right over.

\
Because they are the only ones we can afford. You want Lauri? Prepare to trade away 4 1st round picks.

The problem is you would have to deal with Utah and Danny Ainge. His asking prices for his players are always ridiculous.
Yeah, he dealt with LA fairly recently. I just wonder if Collins is available, whereas Markennen would be the one he asks too much for. Couldn't hurt to try, if the Kings are interested.

What are opinions on Collins as a fit with the Kings?

Yeah, he dealt with LA fairly recently. I just wonder if Collins is available, whereas Markennen would be the one he asks too much for. Couldn't hurt to try, if the Kings are interested.

What are opinions on Collins as a fit with the Kings?
I actually like John Collins and wanted the Kings to trade for him last summer when he was still on Atlanta. He should be cheaper than Markarren, but I don't like the way Ainge does business.

There is a big difference between drafting Devin Carter at #13 this year and drafting Colby Jones at #34 + Jalen Slawson at #54 last year. Jones and Slawson played no meaningful role in the team's overall success this season -- Carter will in 2024-2025. Other moves need to be made of course, but this is a pretty significant detail to gloss right over.
Colby Jones could make in roads in this league. Remember that Keon Ellis was a G-League player, had no impact on the team's success in his first year,....then things happened and he became valuable enough to start

There is no way in hell Vivek accepts a new draft pick, tinkering with the bench and a run it back again off-season.
First off, the 1st two things you mentioned negate the last. It’s not a “run it back” situation, nor was it last season. It’s as if many KINGS fans are under the delusion that half the roster or most the starting lineup has to change for it not to be.

Secondly, have you discussed it with Vivek? Or do you have a close personal contact that has (and shared that info with you)?

If not, you have no idea what Vivek’s thought process is or what he will accept. You’re simply speculating w/o any first hand info to base the your speculation.

I've been preaching this for a while now...I don't understand people's desire to want Monte to make a move for the sake of being able to tell their family and friends, "Hey guys, look! Monte made a move!" We all know that Monte is not going to make a move just so he can tell all of his other GM buddies out there, "Hey guys, look! I can actually make a move!" He's gonna wait it out and find the perfect opportunity. Which I am perfectly fine with.
Your whole schtick for the last year plus has been "just do something!" but just doing something for the sake of doing something is a terrible idea. We need to make moves which improve the team, not just moves which improve our pre-season win projections from ESPN writers. Isaiah Stewart is also reportedly on the block, a lot cheaper, and actually would give us that injection of toughness which we all know this team needs. There are better moves out there.
I was starting to believe I was only one understanding this simple concept. There's just far too much impatience around here.

Look, I get it. We ALL want not only a perennial playoff contender, but a championship contender. At the very least, a team built to go deep into the postseason. Especially after going what seemed like eons w/o making a postseason appearance.

I also understand the argument "we've been patient for long enough!". While that may be true, that was under different leadership. This is the time where being patient is even more important, because do any of us want to back to where this franchise came from (circa 2007 - 2022)?

I sure don't. Growing impatient and making moves just for the sake of making moves and/or to present the image to some that you aren't "running it back" is one way to get there.

As for the notion that McNair is running out of time, I ask "why"?

He's in the midst of his 4th offseason with this org in an attempt to fix and undo what was done before him. He inherited Luke Walton, Bagley, Buddy, and an otherwise WEAK roster outside of Fox and Haliburton. YET, by season #3 this franchise ended it's 16 year postseason streak and has now posted 2-consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 2005/2006.

Danny Ainge has one less year in Utah and that franchise has gone BACKWARDS the past 2-seasons, posting consecutive losing seasons after initially doing well in Ainge's first year there. Yet I hear nothing about Ainge running out of time. What Ainge accomplished elsewhere is immaterial. Only what he does in Utah matters to that org.

Same goes for McNair in SAC. And after two 30/31 win seasons cleaning up Vlade's mess -- he's got this franchise headed in the right direction. So what if they haven't won a postseason series yet? We all know that's a technicality, anyway, as the KINGS should have won their 2023 series against Golden State. And even if they had then busted out the very next round, does that really change or mean anything?

The fact is, they are developing into a winning franchise. Despite not qualifying for the "real" postseason last season. And becoming a winning org is the first step toward a more grand future.

Why risk destroying all that progress in an odd attempt just to say you've "won a playoff series"? IMO, if they stay the course, remain patient, and make the smart moves that present themselves -- they'll eventually win some postseason series. Maintaining continuity with their coaching staff, players and their winning ways is more important than postseason results right now.

Just don't do anything stupid and the rest will likely take care of itself. Impatience and stupidity is what got this org into trouble in the first place.

The big desire for Monte to make a move is so last season doesn’t happen. I’m sure as hell not okay with last season, and having another one like it can’t happen again. I mean, it absolutely can, but Monte can’t just sit and wait and wait and wait for THE opportunity, because THAT opportunity isn’t even likely to fall in our laps
You sound like Vivek, all antsy and irrational.

If it's between Ingram/LaVine I'm taking LaVine plus I think the Bulls are offering a first as well. The fact LaVine can hit 3's puts him over the top imo.

Fox/LaVine/Murray/Sabonis just fits way better than Fox/Murray/Ingram/Sabonis. Ingram imo you only go for if you are packaging Murray + assets for a All-Star.