Kings after Ingram

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m heading to the shower. We have made a trade or signed free agent 7 times over the past 24 year while I was in shower. Notables Brad miller and Artest
Where were you when we got the Pacers to take on Buddy’s contract and give us a second round pick for the Domas-Tyrese trade because that’s where you just stay for the foreseeable future haha

Saw recently Kings still interested in Zach Lavine this has to be a smokescreen. They’re reportedly interested in every player in the NBA. I guess it’s to squeeze New Orleans in negotiations. Not sure Ingram is the answer but it would be an upgrade.

He's got this mixed a bit, I think NOP needs one of HB or Huerter to go there with WCJ to make it work. But yeah. I think HB actually makes more sense for them now, weirdly, with them losing Daniels/Naji and now likely trading BI, while Huerter makes way more sense for ORL over HB.

This is the deal that makes way too much sense, so it'll never happen.

NOP gets: HB+WCJ+Kings FRP(s)
Kings get: BI
ORL gets: Huerter

Last edited:
It's as simple as this potentially, if Monte can cut that last year off of both Huerter and Barnes he can be a player next summer with near max money to spend while KEEPING all of the pieces he should be keeping. Maybe picks and all. I just really think there is a chance that next season Huerter is pushed in favor of need again if he stays. Barnes doesn't really have competition for his spot so his outlook at this point should be much brighter. Huerter as a backup SF won't cut it. There will be very few minutes there most nights unless Brown goes super small and Lyles doesn't play much. Huerter is in the middle of a pack of guys that while some are young and unproven, they fill the needs Brown has been looking for since the start of the first playoff series against the Dubs. The same series that was the downturn in Huerters role with the team.
I somehow get the feeling Carter and Ellis won't shrivel up like Huerter did in the GS series.

I am of the impression the Kings have already improved with Ellis in the starting lineup and Monk off the bench, something we saw very little of as Monk went down shortly after this change. I wholeheartedly also believe that Carter taking Davion's minutes is also an upgrade. And Huerter taking Sashas minutes too.

The weakest link I can see is Barnes starting at the 4 spot. That is where you need an upgrade.

Early in the offseason I proposed a trade for Ayo Dosunmo. Devin Carter's projected profile is Ayo so we are good there (for those who don't know, check Ayo out - he is a STUD).

At the 4 spot, we need a young wing who can guard 2 thru 5, leaning more on the 5 side. Jonathan Isaac is the perfect fit (when healthy) but another name to keep an eye on is Miles Bridges (I know, I know). Charlotte is a cluster, so a reclamation project at a low value is right up Sacramentos alley.

Eta - I'm not like sactownhog. I don't just talk smack about Monte. I actually propose things that would make us better

I am of the impression the Kings have already improved with Ellis in the starting lineup and Monk off the bench, something we saw very little of as Monk went down shortly after this change. I wholeheartedly also believe that Carter taking Davion's minutes is also an upgrade. And Huerter taking Sashas minutes too.

The weakest link I can see is Barnes starting at the 4 spot. That is where you need an upgrade.

Early in the offseason I proposed a trade for Ayo Dosunmo. Devin Carter's projected profile is Ayo so we are good there (for those who don't know, check Ayo out - he is a STUD).

At the 4 spot, we need a young wing who can guard 2 thru 5, leaning more on the 5 side. Jonathan Isaac is the perfect fit (when healthy) but another name to keep an eye on is Miles Bridges (I know, I know). Charlotte is a cluster, so a reclamation project at a low value is right up Sacramentos alley.

Eta - I'm not like sactownhog. I don't just talk smack about Monte. I actually propose things that would make us better
It would have helped if Lyles could have been available more than he was. I still think the team would better as it is currently, if he would start and Barnes with the 2nd unit. Again, the question would be could he remain available

He's got this mixed a bit, I think NOP needs one of HB or Huerter to go there with WCJ to make it work. But yeah. I think HB actually makes more sense for them now, weirdly, with them losing Daniels/Naji and now likely trading BI, while Huerter makes way more sense for ORL over HB.

This is the deal that makes way too much sense, so it'll never happen.

NOP gets: HB+WCJ+Kings FRP(s)
Kings get: BI
ORL gets: Huerter
I think Orlando will want more than just Huerter. Not sure how many picks we give up. Kind of a key point.