Kings acquire Hilton Armstrong

In answer to some questions, here's the CBA FAQ page to refer to down below. It appears the Kings could trade Armstrong immediately, if they want to, because he was not traded in combination with any other players. So maybe the Maloofs wanted the money or maybe GP wants more trade pieces for some other deal. At least Armstrong's contract is expiring. Gives us more expiring contracts to work a deal with.
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q84
Thanks for posting. That's promising at least

Keep in mind that this was a move made by the same guy who recently:

Drafted Evans (ROY), Casspi (STEAL), and Brockman (STEAL).

Hired Coach Westphal (COY?).

let the man work. No body here knows the whole story or the big picture..
come deadline, if no moves are made, we can all *****. For now, I'm putting my trust in Petrie.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, he's a decent shotblocker, but I'm not sure he provides much else. We certainly don't want to look for any offense from him, and his rebounding has been pretty disappointing over his career for a guy his size (7.6 rebounds per 36 minutes).

I don't imagine he'll play much.

Interestingly, we've now had three 2006 big man draft busts rotate through town - #5 Shelden Williams, #12 Hilton Armstrong, and #15 Cedric Simmons. We thought for a few hours at the deadline last year that we got #9 Patrick O'Bryant, but he went to Toronto instead. Sene is out of the league, so I'm not sure who's next...

come deadline, if no moves are made, we can all *****. For now, I'm putting my trust in Petrie.
Well said!

S

sactownfan

Hilton Armstrong welcome! your in a contract year and your almost 7ft i hope you just needed a chance of scenery.

anyway everyone needs to chill out...

why we didn't get Okafor...

1. team Records---we needed to be switched in the standings... before we went into our Lebron Kobe tail spin... we were actually the 9th seed and above the Hornets... but since the hornets have been playing much better and find themselves in the playoff mix... The hornets record is the biggest reason for Okafor trade not happening... yes they offered okafor in the begging of the year but i cant blame Geoff for wanted to see were this team is actually at before making such a big commitment....

A

AriesMar27

I can't believe I'm going to defend Ares but how is this an ignorant statement. Were there other valuable free agent/trade moves this off-season that we aren't aware of?

It isn't enough to attack someone's position just by claiming they don't understand what could be happening behind the scenes when there is ample evidence that what's happening behind the scenes in the Kings front office is often just how it appears at face value.
i was just going to ignore the post because we all know that we didnt make any real moves this past offseason. may and mason.... we traded for sergio, signed udoka during the season and the rookies obviously dont count.

Who also signed Garcia and Beno to huge contracts, drafted Hawes, yawn yawn, yawn. Criticism is warranted as he has been about 50-50 in moves over the last few years.

Who also signed Garcia and Beno to huge contracts, drafted Hawes, yawn yawn, yawn. Criticism is warranted as he has been about 50-50 in moves over the last few years.
So what's with the yapping then? It's a free shot at an obvious 50/50 move. Free UPSIDE or a free Bust...whatever, it's not that big a deal. We should have squeezed out at least a REAL 2nd rounder from NOH just from a supply/demand point of view.

L

LWP777

So what's with the yapping then? It's a free shot at an obvious 50/50 move. Free UPSIDE or a free Bust...whatever, it's not that big a deal. We should have squeezed out at least a REAL 2nd rounder from NOH just from a supply/demand point of view.
But like others have pointed out, I think the 2nd rounder was necessary in order for the Hornets to give us Armstrong and cash. This was clearly a financial move by the Maloofs and it gives them a marginal big man who can bang for a few minutes each game.

Hawes is 21.
Beno is playing up to his contract.
..and Tyreke out weighs anything else you can bring up over the last few years.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
We get a big for free (and maybe additional cash) who also has an expiring contract. This is not really a big deal.

For comparison sake:

Kenny Thomas PER - 9.4
Hilton Armstrong PER - 7.7
Sean May PER - 6.1

Talk about disappointing, New Orleans had to be desperate and we didn't even get a 1st? The only way this makes sense is if they are sending more cash than his contract has on it. This also must mean the Maloofs are still in dire straights.