[Game] Kings @ 76ers - Friday, March 15 - 4PT/7ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is a bigger deal than most people think. At this point in today's NBA, if you can't at least hit an open jumper or be a threat in some way on the perimeter, you better be Mitch Robinson/Jordan/Drummond type of impact everywhere else. Getting that rim protector to leave the rim is a major part of what makes a good offense run.
We saw it when Harry was in and playing at the high post.

This is a bigger deal than most people think. At this point in today's NBA, if you can't at least hit an open jumper or be a threat in some way on the perimeter, you better be Mitch Robinson/Jordan/Drummond type of impact everywhere else. Getting that rim protector to leave the rim is a major part of what makes a good offense run.
I agree with all of this post

gunks

Hall of Famer
I know we're supposed to hate moral victories, but this team was one WCS dunk away from making it come down to the wire. Everyone kinda gave up after that 5 pt swing.

I'm not trying to pin this L on WCS either, I'm just saying that I'm not upset over this loss. Philly is tough.

Playoffs died over a week ago. The Kings should shoot for .500 to close out the year. Not a bad consolation goal after the hell of the last decade +.

But once again, one of the best teams in the NBA who pretty much just got back to full strength, 2nd night of a B-B on the road and we give them all they can handle with a chance to win the game.

I'm not discouraged by these losses in the slightest. I want the W's of course, but we continuously force the best teams in the NBA to play their top game and compete for a full 48. Fix the roster imbalance in the off-season, wait for Giles/Bagley to keep growing up and these games are going to turn into wins next year.

I know we're supposed to hate moral victories, but this team was one WCS dunk away from making it come down to the wire. Everyone kinda gave up after that 5 pt swing.

I'm not trying to pin this L on WCS either, I'm just saying that I'm not upset over this loss. Philly is tough.

Playoffs died over a week ago. The Kings should shoot for .500 to close out the year. Not a bad consolation goal after the hell of the last decade +.
I am. His recent turnover, when we had opportunity to win, is still fresh in my mind.

We saw it when Harry was in and playing at the high post.
I think that's why Harry is absolutely a golden fit with Bagley. He's very much Draymond-like where even if he's not a super consistent shooter (yet), that you have to play up on him and deny him easy passing lanes for cutters. And there's nothing leading me to believe he won't be able to hit that elbow jumper and eventually the 3 down the line with his stroke.

WCS was 6-7. he missed only that one.

Buddy and Bogdan were 4-14 each.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
they cannot deal with Embiid. they got combined one more rebound than WCS himself, and WCS is bad at rebounding. We needed someone bigger to match up with Embiid
With all due respect to Willie, Harry and Bagley forced Embiid out to the perimeter on our offensive possessions, which helped open up the paint for our guys. The second Willie came in with his complete and utter lack of offensive game beyond dunking the ball (which he doesn't do nearly as much as he should) it allowed Embiid to absolutely shut down our offense anywhere within the three point line.

gunks

Hall of Famer
WCS was 6-7. he missed only that one.

Buddy and Bogdan were 4-14 each.
Like I said, I'm not trying to say WCS is the reason we lost. He was solid tonight (although, as others are bringing up, his complete lack of any offense away from the basket kills the spacing), but when he put up weak **** and got swatted, and it led to a 3....That just KILLED momentum.

At this point I just expect Buddy to be streaky and Bogi to be utter garbage.

You forgot to mention Bjeli being 2-11. That dude is the reason Joerger occasionally goes small, I'm telling y'all!

What if this is as good as it gets?

If they continue to run against the grain on pick and roll game after game for multiple possessions at a time and keep getting down then it might be. Bogdan missed a bunch of easy shots but when running pick and roll he got much betters hots and so did the team in general. Buddy can carry, Bogdan can carry, etc, etc, but they need to manufacture good shots every time.

Fox's stats look decent but he didn't really come to play tonight. You could tell from the opening tip that he wasn't engaged on either side of the ball like he usually is. That one play where Giles threw the ball away while Grant was griping that he should have just shot the ball....that was 100% on Fox. I don't know what Fox was doing but he acted like he was going to cut to the basket and then just went for a Sunday stroll through the lane and poor Giles ended up looking bad because it looked like he threw an awful pass.

Man when Beli is bad, he is just as awful as it gets. Having Bagley take up most of the minutes on Beli off nights is huge for this team. Can't wait until Bagley's minute restriction is off.

Hats off to the bench. They came to play. Love the effort Brewer brings out there. I hope they resign him for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.