King Keegan

Buddy is hurt because Buddy was never the issue. Sacramento is a special place and Buddy deep down inside knows that. That's why it hurts so much, lol.
Mhmmm he clearly cares lol it must suck to see how happy we are and all this light the beam stuff literally just months after being traded. What's strange is that he wanted to be traded for quite a while, so... didn't we do him a favor?

you don't punish someone who performs better with more volume. In fact, you do the exact opposite.

I don't think it's arbitrary either. It's showing where he ranks with his current 3pt volume. That's valuable stuff to know.
the ranking is dependent on where you choose to set the attempt cut-off. It was chosen to maximize Keegan’s ranking. A cutoff of 150 or 200 is not an unreasonable line and Keegan’s rank drops just a bit.

the ranking is dependent on where you choose to set the attempt cut-off. It was chosen to maximize Keegan’s ranking. A cutoff of 150 or 200 is not an unreasonable line and Keegan’s rank drops just a bit.
I don't think it's really all that arbitrary to figure out where your guy ranks on the volume he's played at.

He's 35th in NBA in 3PA and 5th in percentage among those top 35 volume 3PA shooters. That's really good. He's 16th overall in the NBA. That's still insanely good.

Context, Context, Context. Matters so much when using any stat to try and make a point

I don't think it's really all that arbitrary to figure out where your guy ranks on the volume he's played at.

He's 35th in NBA in 3PA and 5th in percentage among those top 35 volume 3PA shooters. That's really good. He's 16th overall in the NBA. That's still insanely good.

Context, Context, Context. Matters so much when using any stat to try and make a point
yeah well the NBA cut off for 3 point FG% stat is 82 three-point field goals made.

if you use their cut off point …..
Keegan is 7th in %
Huerter is 11th
Barnes is 23rd

No one else reaches the threshold.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Let's hope every team sees that he's an ancient old man at 23 and can never get better so they let him fall to pick 30 for us.

Guy's having profile pieces made about him so I feel like a rise up draft boards is incoming. (Also aside from them looking exactly alike, it's hard to tell Keegan and Kris are related because Kris acts like an actual human being and Keegan is Keegan)

With the numbers, you'd think the Kings would try to find Keegan more attempts per game...maybe as many as Curry. Keegan also seems to pass on shots if another player is open or if the team is working the ball around the outside. A few more launches per game is not too much to ask. Maybe later in the season is the thinking.

With the numbers, you'd think the Kings would try to find Keegan more attempts per game...maybe as many as Curry. Keegan also seems to pass on shots if another player is open or if the team is working the ball around the outside. A few more launches per game is not too much to ask. Maybe later in the season is the thinking.
His shot selection has a lot to do with his high efficiency. He just can't rip shots like guys like Curry and Lavine can. His form is slower and he doesn't have the quickness or footwork to create space like those guys do. I think he can eventually take the Huerter role and come firing off screens because he's shown the ability to do it but I think his efficiency would go down if you had him taking a lot of movement shots right now. I think Brown has him in the perfect position this year to succeed.

Post zero-rebound Keegan has been my favorite Keegan.
Since that game:

32.9 MPG
14.5 PPG
6.7 RPG
1.4 APG
71.3% TS (lol wut)
48.7% 3pt on 6.9 Att

Verging on like extremely top of the line 3rd-option type of numbers. The shooting will regress obviously, but I think his recent upsurge and the fact he's been excellent for 2 months is a great trend for his chances to potentially develop into a star.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Has a chance for Rookie of the Year.
May in fact become the top rookie from this draft. Banchero and Ivy would have to become stars to pass Keegan’s impact. Keegan’s ability to shoot is huge. His overall game is developing. Ivy has to become Fox-like since his 3 point shot is inconsistent. Banchero does have the game to be a playoff teams all-star type but Orlando hasn’t been able to put together anything resembling a consistent organization have they?

Banchero does have the game to be a playoff teams all-star type but Orlando hasn’t been able to put together anything resembling a consistent organization have they?
It looks like it’s coming together in Orlando. They are stacked with talent, could have two top ten picks this year and have cap room. I won’t be surprised if they make the playoffs next year.

this draft class is shaping up nicely actually. Banchero, Keegan, Ivey, Sochan, Benn, Dyson, Kessler and smith have all had their moments. Sochan is likely to win rookie of the month for January. Keegan is probably going to finish 3rd for rookie of the year but he has been really good minus that one struggle month. Fun player to watch and fits the team perfectly. Well done Monte

Kingster

Hall of Famer
His shot selection has a lot to do with his high efficiency. He just can't rip shots like guys like Curry and Lavine can. His form is slower and he doesn't have the quickness or footwork to create space like those guys do. I think he can eventually take the Huerter role and come firing off screens because he's shown the ability to do it but I think his efficiency would go down if you had him taking a lot of movement shots right now. I think Brown has him in the perfect position this year to succeed.
I'm looking forward to him developing a jab step at the 3-point line, then rising up and burying the 3 pointer. Doncic does it all the time. There's no reason Murray can't do it with more efficiency.

If you take out his super slump month of November he is shooting over 46 percent on 193 3 point attempts. Only 17 of his 210 made threes came in that month.
Banchero is the only one who hasn't had a big slump to my knowledge. But I don't really see how you can compare the pressure of earning minutes on a playoff team competing for a top 4 seed and being given zero leash on a lotto team. I know Orlando is poised to have another nice draft class next year, my guess is they will not change coaches and just give everyone free reign again and then in 2 years make a change hoping to become a real contender.