KHTK

Listened in on the drive to work....the show already is better and will get better as the trio find their rythmn.
Agreed. I think this will be a great show. The rhythm isn't entirely there, but its already so much better than it used to be. Nervous for the mid day show... the previous trio set the bar very high.

Thoroughly enjoyed tuning into 1140 this morning on my drive knowing full well I wouldn't be subjected to Keith Brooks. Looking forward to listening to Dave, Deuce and Mo going forward.

That Noon show today felt pretty weird from the bits I listened to. Not sure JRoss can save that one but we'll see... I wasn't a fan of the old noon show initially either and they got me turned around so there's still hope for me there. Also hated deuce at first but now I really like him. So I'm hoping Nate and or Corey can feed off JRoss. Anyway still just glad KB is gone.

I can't get into the mid-day show...there just isn't enough of a dynamic there to make it fun to listen to. I think JRoss needs to sidekick somebody who is more eccentric like Deuce can be....

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Very disappointed in the last segment on the morning show. So, apparently, somebody in the media was critical of Stephen Curry bringing his daughter out for his post-game press conference. Deuce, Morgan and Dave then all decided, rather than attack the journalist's argument, that they would just attack the journalist, instead, and imply that the reason he didn't want kids at the presser is because he's fat and ugly, and won't ever have kids of his own. Now, maybe that was just shtick, but I thought it was low rent, either way.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Very disappointed in the last segment on the morning show. So, apparently, somebody in the media was critical of Stephen Curry bringing his daughter out for his post-game press conference. Deuce, Morgan and Dave then all decided, rather than attack the journalist's argument, that they would just attack the journalist, instead, and imply that the reason he didn't want kids at the presser is because he's fat and ugly, and won't ever have kids of his own. Now, maybe that was just shtick, but I thought it was low rent, either way.
They were criticizing Ric Bucher, right? Sorry, Slim, but I'd probably have agreed with them if I'd heard the segment.

(Comment edited to reflect the fact I didn't actually hear the segment in question.)

Last edited:
Bucher has said that the comment was made in jest.

I am not really for the habit of character attacks that is pretty common these days. I'm not a fan of Bucher, but I'd let him speak for himself before exploiting a single statement for clicks or ratings. The entire Kid Curry thing bothered me. It was a bunch of reporters exploited the kid for all the clicks they could, or piling on Bucher for all the clicks they could. Felt like I was watching The View rather than a sports segment.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
They were criticizing Ric Bucher, right? Sorry, Slim, but I'd probably have agreed with them if I'd heard the segment.

(Comment edited to reflect the fact I didn't actually hear the segment in question.)
I didn't actually hear who they said made the remarks (I had to step away from the pc when that information was disclosed), only that the story was relayed by Ramona Shelburne.

But, either way, I have to strongly disagree with your sentiment, even if it was Bucher: Bucher has quite enough legitimate reasons to attack him, on a journalistic level, than to have to resort to the bush league tactic of calling him fat and ugly, which is, literally, what they were doing to whomever it was who said it.

K

Kingsguy881

I didn't actually hear who they said made the remarks (I had to step away from the pc when that information was disclosed), only that the story was relayed by Ramona Shelburne.

But, either way, I have to strongly disagree with your sentiment, even if it was Bucher: Bucher has quite enough legitimate reasons to attack him, on a journalistic level, than to have to resort to the bush league tactic of calling him fat and ugly, which is, literally, what they were doing to whomever it was who said it.
It was Brian windhorst who made the remarks.

And, hey, guess, what? It's still bush league. There's bound to be plenty to criticize Windhorst for, without having to resort to fat jokes.
Been thinking LONG and hard about this.

And I gotta tell you-

You're RIGHT.

Sometimes when you're trying to be funny on the fly, things can go great, and they can thud. I don't have issues offending people, never have. But I'm not mean.

I was so pissed at Windhorst that I wanted to be mean back at him, but in the end, I may have dragged other people's sensitivities into it.

Everyone makes mistakes. Lord knows I'll make many, MANY more. I apologize. Mea culpa.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
:: salutes ::

Propers, Dave. That was big of you. Granted, if I were predisposed to take a cheap shot at Windhorst, I'd have started with him being LeBron's personal mouthpiece, but maybe you thought that was too easy?

This morning listening to the Dave interview Sam Amick, my son asks "Daddy, why is Carmichael Dave so famous?" After a good laugh, I had to explain that he's Sacramento famous, and that doesn't really count. Sorry Dave. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This morning listening to the Dave interview Sam Amick, my son asks "Daddy, why is Carmichael Dave so famous?" After a good laugh, I had to explain that he's Sacramento famous, and that doesn't really count. Sorry Dave. :)
You know, "Sacramento famous" does count. ;)

Instead of making it about Sacramento, why not make it about a man who cares so much about his city that he put his life on hold to travel across the country spreading the word about a cause he truly believes in? A man who, when push came to shove, stood by his principles even though it originally cost him his job?

Dave put his money where his mouth is more than once. He's stood up for all of us who couldn't be there in person and been our voice. I honestly think there's a lesson for children in there - no matter where you actually live.

You know, "Sacramento famous" does count. ;)

Instead of making it about Sacramento, why not make it about a man who cares so much about his city that he put his life on hold to travel across the country spreading the word about a cause he truly believes in? A man who, when push came to shove, stood by his principles even though it originally cost him his job?

Dave put his money where his mouth is more than once. He's stood up for all of us who couldn't be there in person and been our voice. I honestly think there's a lesson for children in there - no matter where you actually live.

I prefer making the joke at Dave's expense, then letting him know about it.