Keegan Murray

12 of his 15 points came with Giannis guarding him
Giannis wasn't guarding anyone until the fourth quarter. The Bucks weren't really even playing defense until the 2h. The 1H was a shooting contest.

That said, Keegan driving and going to his mid range is a welcome development. Necessary for his 4/3 Barnes ceiling.

In a recent article about Murray’s foot injury Coach Fran was talking about his expanded role since he decided to come back for his junior season. They hinted that he was promised a 2 way contract if he wanted it. I wonder if it was the Kings?

Also, it’s hard to imagine he would have gone undrafted last year

Last edited:
In a recent article about Murray’s foot injury Coach Fran was talking about his expanded role since he decided to come back for his junior season. They hinted that he was promised a 2 way contract if he wanted it. I wonder if it was the Kings?

Also, it’s hard to imagine he would have gone undrafted last year
When you get to the 2nd round (outside of 30-40), I think guys can have a bit more control of where they go if there's a big mutual interest between parties. They can tell teams not to draft them, and teams don't have time to put up with a 2nd rounder who doesn't want to be part of their organization. In regards to Kris, it was probably a 2nd round promise on a 2-way contract. Not all 2nd round picks are getting rookie scales. Queta is playing on a 2-way last year despite being drafted at #39.

In regards to Kris, it could be possible that the Kings considered him at #37. Personally, I'm not sure I would've drafted him that high, but the Kings probably didn't want to pass up a chance at pairing the brothers up in case he declared.