Keegan Murray

I know the announcers made a big deal about it, but his off-ball defense today was impactful. It looks like he’s figuring it out/processing. He grabbed some nice boards today as well. When it all clicks for him, this team is going to be bonkers.
I think Brown is figuring this out. He finally went with the switch scheme and kind of reversed Barnes and Murray on help. Much better fit for both.

Thankfully, we'll still have a chance because he'll be 23 at draft time and that means he'll never get better as a pro
It's too early to say where anyone beyond Wemby and Scoot (barring serious injury) will fall in the draft or where the Kings will pick, but depending on how things shake out, drafting Kris to replace Barnes could be close to ideal.

If the Kings keep playing well I don't think Monte deals Harrison at the deadline and he's likely to leave for one last big contract in FA.

It's too early to say where anyone beyond Wemby and Scoot (barring serious injury) will fall in the draft or where the Kings will pick, but depending on how things shake out, drafting Kris to replace Barnes could be close to ideal.

If the Kings keep playing well I don't think Monte deals Harrison at the deadline and he's likely to leave for one last big contract in FA.
Yeah I just don't think you deal Barnes. If he leaves, he leaves, but right now he's bringing real value for the Kings to try and break the playoff drought. That's worth more than trying to get marginal value for him and potentially screwing up the amazing team chemistry we have brewing. And as we've talked about, if he's off the books, there's a lot of really quality RFA types we can throw money at to take his spot

Not crazy. But HB also turns 31 at the end of this season and this will likely be his last big contract. I think he'll opt for the longest deal with the most guaranteed money.
these are the teams that are likely to have enough cap space to sign Barnes. Who do you think could be a fit other than the kings?

19908549-3983-452A-8BA9-2AAFA383FD57.jpeg

I would say Charlotte, Sac, La and Min are the only realistic destinations, no?

Charlotte probably has to rebuild so I can’t imagine Barnes wants to lose again but Ball is intriguing and he went to school in the state. La could turn it around fast but then Lebron might be gone after next year. Wolves could be interesting but the experiment hasn’t gone well so far. Rest of the teams are prob going young.

Last edited:
If Sac is legitimately close to a deep playoff run next year, and Monte is extended, then I think the narrative for free agents changes and Sac looks more desirable……and HB may take less for longer to be part of this.
In ideal world we would shed Holmes contract and have 30 mil to work with. We will have other decisions to make too. Are we bringing Metu back? TD? Will Monk want a raise? After this off-season we won’t have space for awhile assuming we re-sign Sabonis. Prob need to make a move this off-season or it will be mid level deals and such moving forward

If Sac is legitimately close to a deep playoff run next year, and Monte is extended, then I think the narrative for free agents changes and Sac looks more desirable……and HB may take less for longer to be part of this.
Hopefully this is one of those deals where Monte and Barnes are locked at the hip and help the franchise move forward. Barnes comes back at less knowing he'll get the Haslem treatment later on, haha.

dude12

Hall of Famer
They need to find a taker for Holmes and Len…not sure if Len is expiring…..after this season. Queta can fill the backup role along with Metu. Also, if Barnes doesn’t come back, they do have Okpala who can fill some of those minutes as well as some other free agent.

For continuity purposes, we really need Queta, Keon, Moneke and KZ to be able to be contributors on the cheap contracts so that we can take care of business with the main core.

HB has had a bit of a unique career where he's gone through 2 big 4 year deals already in his career. He's made 165 mil, but hasn't done a whole lot of winning since he left the Warriors after he left that title. I wouldn't say he'd take like a super massive discount or anything, but I think if the Kings are the best situation to win among teams with cap space, he'd strongly consider giving a sweet-heart deal.

In ideal world we would shed Holmes contract and have 30 mil to work with. We will have other decisions to make too. Are we bringing Metu back? TD? Will Monk want a raise? After this off-season we won’t have space for awhile assuming we re-sign Sabonis. Prob need to make a move this off-season or it will be mid level deals and such moving forward
Yeah, thankfully with early bird on Monk, we can get him up to a 17.5 mil contract (175% of his last year contract). Which, is probably about right for him tbh, especially if he continues this trajectory.

But yeah, him and Sabonis are up for extensions after this season and both guys probably won't ink early. Got to have everything ironed out before that off-season, because we're probably looking at $50mil+ to bring them back

Keegan looked pretty good in this one. Shot looks wet, made an impact on defense and earned more minutes. Still a few rookie defensive miscues but better

looks like some of the other rookies have struggled a bit lately. Mathurin is shooting 37 percent from the field and 27 percent from three over the last 10 games. Happens to most of them at some point and as Brown pointed out they have already played about a full season of College games a quarter into the season