Josh Smith (split from playoff thread...)

Josh Smith is so awesome... I would trade Griffin + Nocioni for Smith + Williams, Sign Ramon in the FA.

Sessions/Beno
Martin/Garcia
Smith/Greene
Thompson/Draft Pick or Vet FA
Hawes/ Draft Pick or Vet FA

Just add water for instant playoffs...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reminder: This is the playoff thread to discuss the action in the various playoff games. Keeping somewhat on topic would be nice.

;)

Reminder: This is the playoff thread to discuss the action in the various playoff games. Keeping somewhat on topic would be nice.

;)
Yeah, i wanted to say it some where and i didn't know where to say it...so i figured since Smith was playing it would be alright in the Playoff thread :)

I like Smith, and while I'm a little concerned about the dips he's had in his steal/block numbers from last year, if there's a time to jump on him, now's the time. The Hawks seem to be devaluing him, when he's actually a very key piece for them, and if they don't like him, we could definitely use the athleticism.

BTW, that trade for Marvin Williams AND Josh Smith? I know they're the Hawks, but come on, no way they're going to trade away two starters. Besides, I'm not even sure if they value Blake Griffin (and that's making the assumption we get the #1 pick) because one thing they really need is size, and Griffin does not provide that--just gives them more scoring. I'm not even sure if they would absorb Nocioni's bad contract--come on, this is a two way street, GMs can see his production+potential relative to his contract, and only teams who really value him as a playoff cog would bite on him, and that's only if there's a real sweetener in that deal. If we really want Josh Smith, straight up, our lotto pick will definitely have to go, and maybe Francisco Garcia. And we'll take back a future pick from them or something.

I like Ramon Sessions as well, but again...a lot of dominos have to fall in place for that one to occur. We can sorely use the passing, that's for sure. But just be careful not to overpay him--he is after all, it appears to me, a super role player (he lacks the athleticism/strength and/or super savvy to be on a Chris Paul/D-Will level, for example) as opposed to outright star. But definitely a guy to look at.

I like Smith, and while I'm a little concerned about the dips he's had in his steal/block numbers from last year, if there's a time to jump on him, now's the time. The Hawks seem to be devaluing him, when he's actually a very key piece for them, and if they don't like him, we could definitely use the athleticism.

BTW, that trade for Marvin Williams AND Josh Smith? I know they're the Hawks, but come on, no way they're going to trade away two starters. Besides, I'm not even sure if they value Blake Griffin (and that's making the assumption we get the #1 pick) because one thing they really need is size, and Griffin does not provide that--just gives them more scoring. I'm not even sure if they would absorb Nocioni's bad contract--come on, this is a two way street, GMs can see his production+potential relative to his contract, and only teams who really value him as a playoff cog would bite on him, and that's only if there's a real sweetener in that deal. If we really want Josh Smith, straight up, our lotto pick will definitely have to go, and maybe Francisco Garcia. And we'll take back a future pick from them or something.

I like Ramon Sessions as well, but again...a lot of dominos have to fall in place for that one to occur. We can sorely use the passing, that's for sure. But just be careful not to overpay him--he is after all, it appears to me, a super role player (he lacks the athleticism/strength and/or super savvy to be on a Chris Paul/D-Will level, for example) as opposed to outright star. But definitely a guy to look at.
Yeah i felt like Williams and Smith was a little to much, but also that Griffin for Smith wasn't enough...so i through in Williams for Nocioni as well. All hypothetical. My main point was to just figure out a way to get Josh Smith. We need his athleticism and unlike Griffin we know he has the ability to play the 3 position, which fills a major need for us right now.

A

AriesMar27

#1 pick+thomas for smith would be cool though we would still have nocioni.... nocioni may become the new kenny thomas....

#1 pick+thomas for smith would be cool though we would still have nocioni.... nocioni may become the new kenny thomas....
Maybe in terms of his contract, although at least Nocioni's actually gets smaller every year, not bigger. Other than that, I don't think Nocioni's anything at all like Thomas. Nocioni is a team player.