Josh Primo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this thread was made the facts were not out yet.
I don't think there's a need to qualify your post.

There seems to be an obvious issue.
I think the Spurs made the right decision.
The truth of what he's done will come out. The severity and frequency, especially.

I'm more interested in seeing whether this is a redeemable offense? I guess it'll come down to the severity, the frequency, the punishment, and especially the recovery--if there is one.
I see a 19 year old kid, who probably should be in college still, who may have some trauma that created an environment where this is acceptable behavior. Or it may be an excuse. The truth lies somewhere in between.
I don't know if he'll be able to redeem himself, but I'm interested in tracking it.
He's 19 years old.
But, I guess, it'll come down to the severity, frequency, and recovery (if there are any).

This is coming from someone, who is a fan of a team, that would be in Seattle, if not for a mayor, who was/is accused of something similar, at a similar age, and in a similar role as an NBA player. But that was a different time. Would Phx cut KJ way back then? I don't know. Things change over time. Sometimes they regress, sometimes they move forward, sometimes they go sideways.

For the record, I have been and always will be a fan of KJ, warts and all.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The messenger has been shot, ran over, then backed up on. I get it.
I don't fault you for asking the question, but just thought it was very odd a guy that showed as much promise as he did on a team building anew, who just got the next year option exercised was cut outright. Had to be something extremely serious and not basketball related and there is no way a team in our position could move on that.

I don't leave in the US, trying to understand this case.
Was it a case of a shy teenager with mental issues exposing himself in front of a woman, trying to get some affirmation of himself as a human being, trying to get attention?
This is definitely not OK, but if this is what happened, IMHO this is way less extreme of a case, compared to Pool/Draymond one, and no more severe than TD hitting his girlfriend, in my book. Again, I live abroad and have different views on this, which are not necessarily reflected by the laws in my country.

Point being, I don't hear people saying these players should be evicted from the NBA for good, while this is the case for Josh.

This makes me conclude that physical violence that is not a life threat is nearly OK in the US, whereas even a hint at sexual intercourse is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.