Josh Primo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
because we're 0-4 does that mean we are first on the waiver wire? uh, anyhow. Spurs wouldn't waive a 19 year old kid without a really good reason though, they just picked up his 3rd year option a few weeks ago!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
because we're 0-4 does that mean we are first on the waiver wire? uh, anyhow. Spurs wouldn't waive a 19 year old kid without a really good reason though, they just picked up his 3rd year option a few weeks ago!
Yeah, you gotta figure the kid is damaged goods (non-basketball variety) for the Spurs to just up and dump him like that. I mean, if Monte even has a notion, he'd better be calling up the PIs and figuring out what the deal is.

Don't know anything about him but you always need Primo on the beat.
Murray and Lenoard both wanted out of the Spurs.....

uuhhhhh what the actual???

So many smart bball people have been high on Primo's development and talent. They marked him as a potential break-out guy this year, especially after the Murray trade opened up so much USG.

As long as there's no sketchy reason they waived him, Kings should absolutely jump all over this.

huh. If he's dealing with a mental health thing, why would both sides want to be waived Just give him an indefinite leave of absence?
Because there is still pressure to return. My thought is he can't handle the lifestyle and asked to be released. Lets not forget about Ricky Berry. Could have been a similar situation that hopefully is avoided.

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-tragic-death-of-sacramento-kings-swingman-ricky-berry/

EDIT: This was written before the real reason came out. We now know why it's a bad idea.

If he becomes available, why not take a chance on him? Kings need all the talent that they can get.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If he becomes available, why not take a chance on him? Kings need all the talent that they can get.
The flippin' Spurs just up and gave up on him. I don't know if we'll ever know what happened to lead to this point but I'd wager that whatever led to the release is going to keep everyone away from the guy until he proves he's ready to play basketball again.

This isn't even a KPJ situation where the Cavs were done with the guy and unloaded him for pennies on the dollar. The Spurs just straight up let a 20-year-old prospect loose without even examining the trade market. Something doesn't smell right. The closest thing to this might be the Miles Bridges situation in Charlotte where the entire league just up and shunned a guy (for good reason) at once.

I hope everything works out for the kid but it's hard to imagine anyone taking a chance on him for a good while.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
a 19 year old who received too much money for someone his age and depending on his environment didn't know how to act? not news worthy really but then you can go and point to other 19 and 20 year old millionaires not doing this so comes the environment factor in play among other situations

Because there is still pressure to return. My thought is he can't handle the lifestyle and asked to be released. Lets not forget about Ricky Berry. Could have been a similar situation that hopefully is avoided.

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-tragic-death-of-sacramento-kings-swingman-ricky-berry/
I met Ricky Berry. Was 9 years old watching his play Tecmo Bowl at LaSalle Thompsons house. Ricky Berry was a young man who was too passionate with his personal life.

This is predatory behavior. Nothing like RB34.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I met Ricky Berry. Was 9 years old watching his play Tecmo Bowl at LaSalle Thompsons house. Ricky Berry was a young man who was too passionate with his personal life.

This is predatory behavior. Nothing like RB34.
I used to do summer camp counseling at Sac State, met Ricky a week or two before when he had his clinic. Then a few weeks later I think he took his life while I was at two a days for football. Easily one of the most horrible days of the fandom.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Really hate to say I knew it was going to be some kind of harassment of women or sexual in nature because I'm pretty sure that's the only death sentence for athletes. Although reading between the lines it sounds like perhaps he was a victim becoming a victimizer which is sad if true. Hope he can put his life together. Don't care to ever see him in a Kings uni.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
When this thread was made the facts were not out yet.
Then maybe next time consider that if the Spurs (of all franchises) cut someone they just picked up the contract option on a couple weeks ago maybe there was a darn good reason? The constant rush to conclusions around here before all the facts are known is certainly an "interesting" approach....

Status
Not open for further replies.