Jason Williams going somewhere... (merged)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
sloter said:
There's nothing to follow ... Taking a player who defined the term 'inefficient basketball' in 1st round was a mistake. Trading that same player for Bibby was a steal.
Getting him was actually a very good move -- he was the eprfect player for wht we needed before we got serious. Exciting, rebuilt the fanbase, brought us national and international attention. A major player in putting us on the map. In the early days as important as Webb or Vlade, or more important than young Peja.

Now once it came time to get serious about winning, he had to go. And we did very well in trading him fro what we got. But this franchise still owes a lot to that crazy kid from his first cuople of years. Without him doing what he did, there's a very good chance we never get to the level we eventually reached.

sloter said:
There's nothing to follow ... Taking a player who defined the term 'inefficient basketball' in 1st round was a mistake. Trading that same player for Bibby was a steal.
Truthfully, for I, and the Kings fans I know (outside of these boards), if Sacramento did not draft Williams and evolve the way they have, we would not be the loyal fans we are now.

And I including most of my friends enjoy the Kings with JWill better then the one with Bibby nearly winning the Western conference. We might be crazy, but we are more of a fan of basketball then just wins. I admit though, Williams did throw a lot of games away with very bad decisions, but everygame was a sure treat to watch.

Looks like Jason may go to the Miami Heat.

The Heat on Tuesday was also finalizing the details on a five-team trade that would send Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, James Posey and Andre Emmett to Miami. The Heat would send Eddie Jones to Memphis, Rasual Butler to New Orleans and Qyntel Woods to Boston.

The Celtics would also receive Curtis Borchardt, the rights to the Heat's 2004 second-round pick Albert Miralles and two more future second-round picks. Utah would receive Greg Ostertag, and the Hornets, who are under the salary cap, would also get former lottery pick Kirk Snyder. Boston also would receive two second-round picks.http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12285950.htm

Bricklayer said:
Getting him was actually a very good move -- he was the eprfect player for wht we needed before we got serious. Exciting, rebuilt the fanbase, brought us national and international attention. A major player in putting us on the map. In the early days as important as Webb or Vlade, or more important than young Peja.

Now once it came time to get serious about winning, he had to go. And we did very well in trading him fro what we got. But this franchise still owes a lot to that crazy kid from his first cuople of years. Without him doing what he did, there's a very good chance we never get to the level we eventually reached.
True. However, by that logic we may need him again.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
captain bill said:
and seeing Shaq trying to jump to catch JWill's passes, or watching them sail over his head into the stands, more likely.
Again, people are working off of a defunct model with JWill -- he is nto the same player who left Sacto. Last year he averaged all of 1.8TOs to 5.6ast. By comparison Bibby averaged 2.5TO to 6.8ast. Not much difference.

T

thesanityannex

Bricklayer said:
Again, people are working off of a defunct model with JWill -- he is nto the same player who left Sacto. Last year he averaged all of 1.8TOs to 5.6ast. By comparison Bibby averaged 2.5TO to 6.8ast. Not much difference.
very true, people are basing these assumptions on the j-will of the kings era. I watch a lot of grizzlies games because of j-will, and he is no where near the same player. not as fun to watch, but much more efficient. i think he will fit in just fine with the heat.