Jabari Parker NOT the next Kings FA target

Kings not going after Parker is typical for this FO.
It makes too much sense.

He fits the timeline, 23 yrs old, he is younger than some rookies, he’s a solid shooter, and the Bulls want nothing more than an expiring.

It just tells me that this organization(Vlade) doesn’t want to admit his mistake with JJ.

Parker is better than him now and it’s not close.
I was gonna cite this as an ice-cold take from way back in the off-season. Then I realized you just now typed it.

wow

I would way rather stand pat than pay Jabari Parker... a piece nobody in the NBA wants even for free.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...o-return-headed-quickly-toward-unhappy-ending

...Maybe we should take a chance? We would have a team option for next year so no commitment, we get a young SF to help in our last 6 mos push
if he works out-great , a new young core piece
if he doesnt work out, drop him at end of the year, and work in FA for a new SF

if we can not get Otto Porter - this should be our back up plan Not Lin, Not Enes
Nope. No thanks. Pass.

I see no reason to risk anything right now to acquire him. I'm of the mind that we're in the catbird seat right now. There are going to be a lot of talented players out there and the Kings are in fantastic position capwise to make a great deal. No need to rush.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If his defense is the reason Sac is not interested, then they need to take a look in the mirror. Sac is a bad defensive team already. Their point differential is negative.

So instead the team is interested in Past their prime defensive stalwarts like Lin and Kanter. Lol. If you want to see plenty of Bad D, look no further than those 2.

Bulls are only asking for an expiring.
Thus far I think it's some fans who are interested in Lin and Kanter, with some leaks by hungry agents stoking the fires.

Nope. No thanks. Pass.

I see no reason to risk anything right now to acquire him. I'm of the mind that we're in the catbird seat right now. There are going to be a lot of talented players out there and the Kings are in fantastic position capwise to make a great deal. No need to rush.
Good point.

A lot of the players like Parker and Kanter will probably be just bought out and released after the trade deadline passes.

The Kings will be in prime position to offer the best contract to these new FA plus it would give us an inside track of re-signing them in free agency to a more reasonable contract, instead of alienating them by declining their over priced options.

When Parker has played this year, he has been one of the worst players in this league, worst rpm of power forwards. Plays absolutely zero defense, doesnt really space the floor and isnt an efficent scorer. He really, really isnt a small forward. Way too slow to guard basically any wings and as a SF, he will hurt the spacing. Very hard pass on him and I'm so glad that we werent stupid and offer him big money in free agency. Fun thread to read back though, I wouldnt even want to imagine our situation if we decided to offer any type of contract suggested in here.

I'm not advocating for Parker or anything, but when I watched the Bulls a couple weeks ago, his defense didn't seem bad. It didn't stand out one way or the other. I know there's the whole "he said he doesn't play D" thing but could that be a little overblown? Guy used to put up pretty good figures with the Bucks before his latest injury.

He's in a bad situation with a bad team. You could argue he's put himself in that position with his play, but Chicago is a disaster.

I'm not advocating for Parker or anything, but when I watched the Bulls a couple weeks ago, his defense didn't seem bad. It didn't stand out one way or the other. I know there's the whole "he said he doesn't play D" thing but could that be a little overblown? Guy used to put up pretty good figures with the Bucks before his latest injury.

He's in a bad situation with a bad team. You could argue he's put himself in that position with his play, but Chicago is a disaster.
His defensive RPM has him ranked 443 out of 482. He's 2nd to last for power forwards.

Want to know who is ranked dead last for power forwards? Bagley. :oops: