Jabari Parker NOT the next Kings FA target

Of course, the Bucks are hoping a sign-and-trade deal can be worked out in order to recoup a player or two for Parker, whom they made the No. 2 overall selection in the 2014 NBA draft. (From same article)

Looks like they can use a backup SG (Feel free to offer Shump or Temple) 19mil Parker less 8 mil Temple we still would have 8.5 cap left to sign backup PG

Can they even do a sign and trade when the 19 mil is above their hard cap? can we get ACL protections like the team friendly Lavine Contract?

Have no idea how it's shaking out behind the scenes, but Chicago completely f'd up the Kings plan this summer by matching LaVine and getting RFA Parker as well, if that was the plan.

Have no idea how it's shaking out behind the scenes, but Chicago completely f'd up the Kings plan this summer by matching LaVine and getting RFA Parker as well, if that was the plan.
I think we had a number of plans none of which worked out. Vlade strikes out on free agency despite making moves to open up cap space.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can't wait until next year when we use our cap on nothing when anyone who matters refuses to come here.

This team is maddening.

Well....I would say 100% that Capella wouldn't join a team so far from being a contender and that Parker would prefer anywhere but sacto. Therefore I don't feel we failed by not chasing them.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Can't wait until next year when we use our cap on nothing when anyone who matters refuses to come here.

This team is maddening.
sometimes doing no moves is the best move. The Kings were trying to go after younger players with upside and they didn't succeed, so the next step is working the trade market and they have all summer to do something. If not, then they can wait until the Feb. deadline. Honestly, they need to play their youth, they have plenty of it now and if they aren't bringing in players that can grow with the team, then I don't want them here.

Parker is from Chicago so no doubt they wanted each other. Good luck to the Bulls, they could be a good team soon or a team sitting on a lot of damaged goods.

I'm not sure how much they would offer Parker (I don't think anything has been announced, right?) but lets say it's similar or a little below the LaVine contract. Even though I wouldn't mind having either of those guys on the Kings, that's potentially a boatload of money to tie up with two potentially middling/injury risk players.

I'm a Jabari Parker stan, so kind of hurts we're probably going to miss out, but the Bulls are probably just savings us from ourselves. Lavine and Parker have a LONG way to go to be winning players, even with their immense talent. Paying 35mil+ for both for the next 4 years would be hell of a lot to stomach.

IF

Kings sign Hood "This was the plan all along"
Kings sign Smart "This was the plan all along"
Kings make a cap trade for picks or young players "This was the plan all along"
Kings stand pat "This was the plan all along"

I'm all for holding onto that space. I just wish I were confident that the Kings were going to go full youth and build the value of all the young players though individual productivity so that at the deadline they could possibly be players. Handling it like they have in previous seasons won't cut it. They have to put the players in a position to show that they are valuable.