It’s Training Camp SZN!!

On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you for this new season of pulse-pounding Kings basketball?

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah cause defending Bags sure has been easy lol
I mean, you really have to be trying hard to say that whatever happened in the first clip (looks like he was cutting to the rim and his guard simply missed him even before the ball got deflected) is yet another example of Bagley sucking. Especially when it’s the first week of camp and he literally wasn’t even in the shot for most of the clip.

I mean, you really have to be trying hard to say that whatever happened in the first clip (looks like he was cutting to the rim and his guard simply missed him even before the ball got deflected) is yet another example of Bagley sucking. Especially when it’s the first week of camp and he literally wasn’t even in the shot for most of the clip.
i wasn’t the one that pointed it out lol
Although there hasn’t been much to say about Bags so it makes sense to look for why he’s not doing great when on the court

Sorry. Bagley is amazing. We're lucky to have him. Wouldn't trade him ever.
There is something to be said for some Balance, though. No one is saying we have to kiss his backside, but, picking apart everything he does isn't gonna help him stay healthy or play better defense. Let's give him a clean slate (at least until he's moved) and see what happens.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Marvin is going to average 18/9, shoot 38% from 3 play mediocre defense and we’re going to be all like “ well trade you Marvin and Buddy for Simmons and two future Sixers first”
18/9 on 38% from three with improved defense from a 6'11" forward is incredibly valuable in the modern league LOL
If that's the production he's putting up when/if Simmons trade talk heats up, Buddy + Bagley and a protected first is a really good package next to Embiid and Harris, considering Ben adamantly refuses to rejoin Philly.

Marvin is going to average 18/9, shoot 38% from 3 play mediocre defense and we’re going to be all like “ well trade you Marvin and Buddy for Simmons and two future Sixers first”
Is he going to get enough minutes for that though? I don't see any path for him having any more minutes than he did last year, and probably will have less if we look at it.

His path to C minutes is basically gone, Walton was already averse to playing him there when it was just Whiteside (and later Jones) who could back up Holmes. Now, he's got Len, Thompson, and Jones as options for the small-ball C. It doesn't help that Bagley has been an unmitigated disaster at the C.

That only really leaves minutes at the 4 for him, which Walton's going to want to do the 3 guard lineup or Harkless/Barnes for much of the game. If he starts, I could easily see them just doing 8 minutes at the start of each half. If he doesn't start, well damn I don't even know. Teams typically go smaller when they go to their bench.

Y'all hear Ham say that Len was jacking 'em up from 3 - and make reference to the 36% he shoot from 3 on volume a couple years back in Atlanta?

Daaaa-yum - if Len can be a legit 3-pt threat, things might get awfully intriguing. Len-Bags-HB-Fox-Buddy/Tyrese...

Is he going to get enough minutes for that though? I don't see any path for him having any more minutes than he did last year, and probably will have less if we look at it.

His path to C minutes is basically gone, Walton was already averse to playing him there when it was just Whiteside (and later Jones) who could back up Holmes. Now, he's got Len, Thompson, and Jones as options for the small-ball C. It doesn't help that Bagley has been an unmitigated disaster at the C.

That only really leaves minutes at the 4 for him, which Walton's going to want to do the 3 guard lineup or Harkless/Barnes for much of the game. If he starts, I could easily see them just doing 8 minutes at the start of each half. If he doesn't start, well damn I don't even know. Teams typically go smaller when they go to their bench.
if he hasn’t improved to where it doesn’t help us win then yeah this is what he will be relegated to. We’ll see if DC helps his game a ton and I also heard he was jacking up hella 3s this off-season. if he is legit 35%-37% from anywhere behind the arc this season, then we might have an actual stretch 4 to play with Holmes and any other center we got

When healthy and during his greatest stretch a couple years back or whatever it was, he seemed like he could fill the stat sheet up rather quickly. I don't think he needs a ton of minutes to put up 16-18 points, honestly.

When healthy and during his greatest stretch a couple years back or whatever it was, he seemed like he could fill the stat sheet up rather quickly. I don't think he needs a ton of minutes to put up 16-18 points, honestly.
yeah getting buckets was never much of an issue for Bags. He’s pretty efficient with the post game and that second jump gets him rebounds and a bucket whenever he misses