It’s Training Camp SZN!!

On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you for this new season of pulse-pounding Kings basketball?

• Total voters
When he does, the Kings should just put Davion on him in practice for a week. Just to humble him some.
A montage of him dribbling the ball off his foot would also work. Truth is Buddy could really help us if he accepts his role but over the last couple of seasons he has made it really hard to root for him.

A montage of him dribbling the ball off his foot would also work. Truth is Buddy could really help us if he accepts his role but over the last couple of seasons he has made it really hard to root for him.
he was excellent as a 6th man. He scored 42 points off the bench before. If he truly is a great 6th man this team can possibly be in the 6-8th seed spots

Yeah we think opposite here. I think it will be a very poor fit
what do you see as a bad fit? I see another ball handler so Fox doesn’t have to think about setting up an assist. That way he can just do what he’s elite at, drive. Mitchell may be not as good of a facilitator as Ty but with his Kobe work ethic, I can see him at worst become decent at it and then the defense speaks for itself

he is the perfect sg next to fox. nobody in there right mind is gonna swag off buddy. He one of the best shooters in the NBA. lets not forget 2019 Fox missed 17 games in a row. we went 9-8 in those 17 games with buddy leading the way. Fox came back and we lost 8 in a row. Last season fox missed 12 games in a row. Kings went 7-5. Anybody putting downfalls of the kings the last few seasons on buddy isn't paying attention. I'm not saying Fox is the problem, but he seems more expendable as we are an above .500 team when Fox has missed significant time.
I'm interested to see what happens if Buddy does get a bench role. Teams the last two years have clearly respected Buddy on defense more than anyone else on the team including Fox. They hover around him and send doubles at him frequently so he can't get shots off.

what do you see as a bad fit? I see another ball handler so Fox doesn’t have to think about setting up an assist. That way he can just do what he’s elite at, drive. Mitchell may be not as good of a facilitator as Ty but with his Kobe work ethic, I can see him at worst become decent at it and then the defense speaks for itself
The only worry I have so far is more talk of Fox playing off the ball. I have no idea why this franchise has been trying to turn Fox in a SG from day 1. They let him play full on PG last year and shocker, he started putting up superstar productivity. Don't F this up Luke, Monte, and Joe. In the end it depends on role I guess.

I'm interested to see what happens if Buddy does get a bench role. Teams the last two years have clearly respected Buddy on defense more than anyone else on the team including Fox. They hover around him and send doubles at him frequently so he can't get shots off.
39% conversion is incredible given the attention he got, the volume of 3's he took, and the fact that he became all but 1-dimensional in his shooting. Pretty amazing.

The only worry I have so far is more talk of Fox playing off the ball. I have no idea why this franchise has been trying to turn Fox in a SG from day 1. They let him play full on PG last year and shocker, he started putting up superstar productivity. Don't F this up Luke, Monte, and Joe. In the end it depends on role I guess.
I’ll lose my mind if they put him off ball too~~~ much. We ain’t the dubs lol

You want Fox to be as multi dimensional as possible. He can be weaponized in so many ways.

39% conversion is incredible given the attention he got, the volume of 3's he took, and the fact that he became all but 1-dimensional in his shooting. Pretty amazing.
And it's underrated how many tough spots his own team and Luke put him in to bail out blown up plays. The positive if they replace Buddy with Haliburton is that it's right into the fire for Tyrese. We likely get to see what happens when teams start paying more attention to Haliburton and also get to see someone more comfortable swing passing out of pressure rather than Buddy who looks to attack.

And it's underrated how many tough spots his own team and Luke put him in to bail out blown up plays. The positive if they replace Buddy with Haliburton is that it's right into the fire for Tyrese. We likely get to see what happens when teams start paying more attention to Haliburton and also get to see someone more comfortable swing passing out of pressure rather than Buddy who looks to attack.
Huge point. Given that last year's entire starting lineup has been together several years (Buddy, Fox, Holmes, HB, Bags), and that all of them can score, the attention Buddy and Fox command should have led to far more open looks than we saw, especially for HB on the perimeter and Bags in the corner. Whatever other flaws in that ointment, this is where the 3-guard lineup should pay dividends.