Is this the best round 1 playoff series?

A Clippers-Lakers showdown would be a classic, and I think that the Clippers fans would outnumber the Lakers fans. Who else besides we Kings fans would hate the Lakers as much as the Clips do?

I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself, but what if we say a Laker/Kings WCF? Wouldn't that just be funny. Only this year the winner isn't guaranteed a championship because the east is a lot tougher.

bibbyweb said:
The Lakers won't beat the Clippers. They are doing their magic against a depleted Suns frontline. With the Clippers it will be a completely different story.
I honestly don't think the clips are that good.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
DocHolliday said:
I honestly don't think the clips are that good.
They aren't. But neither are the Lakers. Sometimes, as in our series, its just about matchups. And the Clips actually have big men who can cause the Lakers real problems. Actually seem to recall Mobley playing good defense on Kobe a few years back int eh playoffs. Wonder if he can repeat that performance, or whether it will be muscle on muscle with Maggette?

this series is the best. the lakers/suns is 2nd and the wizards series is 3rd. our series is the best because i strongly believe that these two teams (kings/spurs) are playing better/harder than any other teams in the playoffs. you would think this is the NBA finals.

Ok....I have a question for everybody...

In a LA vs. LA matchup, would the areana actually go through the trouble of changing the colors of the court and all, considering that both teams use Staples Center? If you think about it, it is kind of funny since there really isn't any such thing as home court advantage.

tyrant said:
this series is the best. the lakers/suns is 2nd and the wizards series is 3rd. our series is the best because i strongly believe that these two teams (kings/spurs) are playing better/harder than any other teams in the playoffs. you would think this is the NBA finals.
I dunno about that...maybe Sacramento is, but I can't say that San Antonio is performing the way people expect them to. In any case, the fact that games one and four were blowouts sort of quells the notion that both teams are playing hard on anightly basis.

As for other teams and how hard they play, Chicago is really fighting, playing to the utmost of their capabilities. LA has practically reinventeed themselves and put themselves in a position to win every game. The Indiana/Jersey series, while boring to watch, has two teams that are really competing on every possession.

acisking said:

In a LA vs. LA matchup, would the areana actually go through the trouble of changing the colors of the court and all, considering that both teams use Staples Center? If you think about it, it is kind of funny since there really isn't any such thing as home court advantage.
They will, without a doubt.

I'm wondering... will the Lakers and Clippers exchange home and visiting locker rooms??? :confused: How ridiculous would that be?

Gary said:
I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself, but what if we say a Laker/Kings WCF? Wouldn't that just be funny. Only this year the winner isn't guaranteed a championship because the east is a lot tougher.
I assume East=Pistons.

Otherwise. they're not that tough.

Bricklayer said:
They aren't. But neither are the Lakers. Sometimes, as in our series, its just about matchups. And the Clips actually have big men who can cause the Lakers real problems. Actually seem to recall Mobley playing good defense on Kobe a few years back int eh playoffs. Wonder if he can repeat that performance, or whether it will be muscle on muscle with Maggette?
I was about to say no way the Lakers lose to the Clips but!!!!!!!! I checked my facts before I posted like a good solider and I think the Clips could pull it out. However.......... I still favor the Lakers, granted that series is not set in stone yet, but close enough for me to call it a done deal.

Hands down best series, best matchup, best drama...the Suns are getting man-handled, and the Bulls and Heat...I haven't seen a minute of it, so I can't say...just didn't sound intriguing, although I may have to watch now that it's tied up.

The Mavs are the only team with a chance of sweeping the 1st Round...when was the last time there were NO 1st Rd sweeps???

This should of been a poll. I echo the sentiment that it is one of the best Kings playoff series IMO. Thrilling, unpredictable, spectacular comeback by our guys, it's got it all!!

Gargamel said:
They already do that.
Yeah, for regular season games.

Now for the postseason they can't just leave their stuff in their lockers for 7 games... they have to switch lockers after 2 games, and then after 2 more games, and then after 1 game, and then after 1 more game?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
acisking said:

Of course they will change the floors etc. As for a HCA prety negligable here no real advantage to either team but Lakers will probably have the loudest fans.

The big difference will actually be ticket avaliablity. Season ticet holders have priorty/option on play off tix so for the Clips home games the spares available will be much greater than spares for the Lakers games.

Last edited:
Gargamel said:
They already do that.
They actually go to the trouble of switching locker rooms throughout the season?

I can't say that I've ever given it much thought, but I would have assumed that Staples just had three of them -- one visitor and one each dedicated to the Lakers/Clippers. Switching back and forth seems awfully silly.