In what other arenas have YOU seen the Kings play??

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Like to find out how many KingsFans have gone to Kings away games and where and what were their experiences.

In my business travel days in the 1990's up through about 2006 I rearranged more than a couple of trips to coincide with Kings away games in: Milwaukee, Chicago, Washington, The Forum (Lakers), Las Vegas (Laker preseason), Phoenix (15 pt playoff win), Utah, Oakland Arena and Seattle.

Lakers games were just as everyone has written, a place to go to be seen that happens to be Laker game. Utah and Seattle very much similar to Sacramento but with fairly enthusiastic fans, smaller city, clean, pleasant, etc. Milwaukee was rather boring, not a lot of fan passion (but it was 10 or 11 years ago), kinda cold arena (bare cement, not much color, etc). Chicago was packed as it was during MJ era when Mitch was Kings BMOC. Phoenix is a fun town, smaller back 10-12 yr ago before their modern power days, fun, lots of fan support, etc. Oakland Arena for Warrior games more than 5 years back was fun as it seemed half the crowd were Kings fans who couldn't get tickets to sold out Arco at the time.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I've been to other arenas in Portland, Boston and LA (Clippers) but never for a Kings game, though I will make it to one in Portland sooner than later. None were as good as a game at Arco but to be fair the teams were all lousy when I saw them.

I went to the Pepsi center in Denver last year. Even though we were horrible last season I just happened to be at one of the few games we won... against a good team no less. I was visiting my G-PA for a few weeks, just me and him. I was telling him about the Kings game against the Nuggets and how I wanted to watch it on TV. Then he said "why don't we just go?". So i recommended some $40 tickets for us to see the game and he goes... "to hell with it, if we are going to go might as well get good seats". So he bought us some lower level $120 a pop seats and it was awesome... I felt so proud wearing my Kings jersey in a crowed of Nuggets fans.

The only other away NBA arena where I've seen Kings play is the old Summit (aka, Compaq Center) in Houston, 1991. I was in town visiting relatives and no one wanted to go to the game so I went alone. I can't recall a lot about the game except Kings lost with Ainge leading scorer but Olajuwon completely dominating in every possible way.

I have over the years seen quite a few NBA games (mostly 1970's and 1980's) in a couple other cities; Oakland (the most number of games) and San Antonio (including an ABA game).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I've seen the Kings play at Chicago Stadium, the Bradley Center, Market Square Arena, the Palace at Auburn Hills, the Richfield Coliseum, Key Arena, Phillips Arena, Time Warner Cable Arena and the Verizon Center.

Curiously enough, I've never seen a Kings game at ARCO.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I only get to go to Atlanta. I always sit first row behind the kings bench. My 1st game Doug Christie threw me his arm band with his logo on it. 2 days later he was traded. Last year i was right on SAR shoulder with Carril. I asked SAR to bring me a stat sheet after half time. I went up to a drink and came back and they were on the court warming up and in my seat there was the stat sheet I had asked for. SAR came to sit down a few min later and asked me If i got it.

OH Btw last year nobody was on the same page. Cisco and Hahm were disgruntled with Kenny Natt and Pete and SAR shook their head at most of the subs he made.

oh and Mike Bibby walk over to the kings bench during a timeout and look at me and my brother in law in our Kings jerseys and asked "Do you guys miss me?" with his sheepish grin. At the time all I could say was yeah. That was last season.

Besides Arco, Staples a couple times. I already have tickets for the April game at Staples....last home game of the season...fan appreciation with giveaways. :)

Oracle Arena (Golden State) and the Rose Garden (Portland)

I love the Kings and I love Sacramento...

But these (and Im pretty sure just about every other) arenas make Arco look sad sad sad.... :(

My brother and SIL took me to a Kings game in Chicago some years back. We spent several days in Chicago and had a great time.

The arena was full at 22,000. What was amazing besides the comfort of the seats was the huge concourses. 22,000 people could leave and you never came close to bumping into anybody. I could have walked down the concourse with my arms wide without touching anybody. A little different than Arco where its like a stockyard with panicked cattle trying to escape. ;) Honestly, I almost went done once at Arco and thought how easy it would be to get trampled there. Especially if there were ever an emergency. Scary.

The Chicago fans were fine. I was wearing my Kings jersey and no one bothered me at all. As a matter of fact, I saw quite a few Kings jerseys there at the time.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
A few times as a kid in the Oakland Coliseum (before it was the Oracle Arena), then many times as an adult at the Rose Garden in Portland when I lived there and had season tickets. There were always a smattering of kings fans that would show up with their jerseys in Portland.

My favorite has to be summer league in Las Vegas, because it's cozy, relaxed, and you can get right up next to the players while feeling like you're hanging out with NBA scouts/coaches/players just a few seats away from you in the stands.

L

LWP777

Last year, I attended the Kings-Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Even though the Kings were terrible, they blew out the Knicks. I've also been to Golden State to see the Kings many times when we were really good.

Staples 2000 playoffs game 5.

Ken Norton and Ken Norton Jr. sat in the seats in front of me. Brian Austin Green and Vanessa Marcel were a few below me.

K

Kingsguy881

Conseco Fieldhouse in Indiana. After going there, I understood why Arco is termed 'outdated' and 'lacks amenities'.

Ive seen them play at the air canada center about 8 or 9 times. i go to that game every year for my birthday with some buddies, who are all raptors fans haha.. so it makes for a good game. Man back in the Peja and Vlade days I swear there was more Kingfans at the ACC then raptors fans.
Their is alot of Serbian fanbase in toronto and I remember going to the games and the crowd just going nuts for Peja and Vlade. Kings jerseys were everywhere!

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Oracle- a number of times
MSG-twice

I live in the bay area, so I go to both games each year when the kings play here. Oracle has good fans, but its funny to me how they seriously consider Kings/Warriors a legit rivalry. Don't really know where that came from.

I have family in NY, and grew up there, and have been able to coordinate trips back there over the holidays with Kings games on 2 occasions. I love MSG, but the fans aren't anywhere near as passionate or knowledgable as Kings fans.

Oracle Arena - Warriors a couple of time.

Delta Center (what's it called now?) - Jazz - playoffs where we clinched and won the series. Unforgettable!!

Our seats were right next to Stockton's kids so we tried to sit quietly. It was tough.

As for Arena quality, the Delta Center (whatever) is a lot like Arco. Smaller, intimite, not a bad seat, and not a lot of fancy ammenities around the concourse.

Oracle Arena sucks if your on the upper level. It's like looking down on the game from an airplane and at the same time, feeling like the ceiling is falling in on you. But the lower level in the VIP section it's quite nice.

I actually like Arco. If it's all about seeing the game, then even the upper level seats aren't awful. I'm not about the ammenities anyway.

Oh yeah, and I've been in the Staples Center, Clippers vs. Cavs a long time ago. The place was half empty. We were on the lower level and it was strange, I felt like I was looking up at the game. There were a lot of restaurants and stuff around. The problem in there is, if you're in the upper level, it looks like you're miles away from the game. Never actually been up there though. There is a wall of suites that look like they're isolated from everything.

Not cozy like Arco.

Delta Center (not sure what its called now). This was back in the "glory" years, during the regular season and the playoffs. I was threatened many, many times by Jazz fans. My disdain for the Jazz nearly spilled into Laker status during those years.

I'm hoping to catch the Kings at the Q (Cleveland) or in DC this year.