If we had to make a trade...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Peja could still go depending on attitude/whether we can resign him. Peja AND Bibby together? No way.

And yes, I'd obviosuly rather have pierce than Peja for the reasons stated. Would I gut the team to get him? No way.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going to go out on a limb right now and predict the Kings will do whatever it takes to keep Bobby Jackson on the team. You don't find someone like him very often; when you do, you DON'T let him go. The Maloofs love him; the team loves him; the fans love him.

I don't think Bobby wants to leave. He simply wants to be paid a fair amount for what he brings to this team. He'll continue to come off the bench, provided the price is right. The Maloofs are good businessmen; they KNOW how important a spark-plug like Bobby Jackson is to the team, to them, to the fans, to the franchise...

I predict he'll stay!!!

I agree, and hope he does.

Speculation here comes with the qualifyer that the Kings dissapoint down the stretch and older vets like Doug and Bobby look a little too slow.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
And yes, I'd obviosuly rather have pierce than Peja for the reasons stated. Would I gut the team to get him? No way.
Yeah look what is happening to Houston. I thought that was a dumb move when I first heard it, talk about gutting a team.

Bobby

But after next year don't you think Bobby's gonna want to start? I guess a trade for equal value is a silly idea anyway. He's the most underpaid player in the NBA.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
#1 Sac Fan said:
But after next year don't you think Bobby's gonna want to start? I guess a trade for equal value is a silly idea anyway. He's the most underpaid player in the NBA.
I think there's a chance Bobby could like to start -- I know if I was as good as he was and had never had a chance to strut my stuff I'd want to have a chance to show what I could have done, just to know. And obviously if that's true, again we would have to move him. There are a variety of scenarios where we end up moving him. But none of them come up until this summer after we see how the season goes and see how he and Peja are feeling.