If we are 9 or 10 do you trade out

Analytics aren't kind to Wiggins. I don't think he's a winning basketball player.
He reminds me of Ricky Davis a little bit. The dude always thought he was the number one option every where he went. He even thought the Cavs were bringing in Lebron to assist HIM. He scored inefficiently and played no defense.

Ahh Ricky 'chase your own triple double' Davis. Great scorer when he had it going.

Anyway, we should take BPA or aim to package a youngster and move on up.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
After this amount of time, I think what you see is what you get with Wiggins. While Mikal Bridges is still an unknown quantity when it comes to the NBA, I'd rather stand pat and save our resources if we can end up with him drafting at 8 or 9. Bridges may not come into the league with the same high potential that Wiggins did, but I'm sure of one thing, he'll improve our defense, and he can shoot the ball. So at worse, he'll be a solid 3 and D player.

And I might add, that's exactly the same way Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, and many others were viewed to some extent at the same point in their careers. The truth is, there is no way to know. However, one thing most of those players had in common, along with already being viewed as solid defenders, is that first, they were on an upward path, improving every year, and they all had terrific work ethics. Both those things are true of Bridges as well. So take that for what it's worth.

That said, I really doubt Bridges (Mikal) lasts that long. I think he'll go somewhere between 4 and 7 in the draft. So if he's still sitting there at 8 or 9, and that's where were picking, were lucky. Hell, I'd rather take a flyer on Zhaire Smith over trading for Wiggins. Too bad Smith is a SG. Truth is, even at 8 or 9, we will get a good player. I think this draft is solid through the first 10 picks, and then there's an obvious drop in talent. Doesn't mean that someone like a Zhaire Smith won't surprise, but that the water gets a little more muddy. I think Keita Bates-Diop is going to be a solid NBA player, but I'm not sure how good. Is he good enough to be a starter, or just a solid rotational bench player?

After this amount of time, I think what you see is what you get with Wiggins. While Mikal Bridges is still an unknown quantity when it comes to the NBA, I'd rather stand pat and save our resources if we can end up with him drafting at 8 or 9. Bridges may not come into the league with the same high potential that Wiggins did, but I'm sure of one thing, he'll improve our defense, and he can shoot the ball. So at worse, he'll be a solid 3 and D player.

And I might add, that's exactly the same way Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, and many others were viewed to some extent at the same point in their careers. The truth is, there is no way to know. However, one thing most of those players had in common, along with already being viewed as solid defenders, is that first, they were on an upward path, improving every year, and they all had terrific work ethics. Both those things are true of Bridges as well. So take that for what it's worth.

That said, I really doubt Bridges (Mikal) lasts that long. I think he'll go somewhere between 4 and 7 in the draft. So if he's still sitting there at 8 or 9, and that's where were picking, were lucky. Hell, I'd rather take a flyer on Zhaire Smith over trading for Wiggins. Too bad Smith is a SG. Truth is, even at 8 or 9, we will get a good player. I think this draft is solid through the first 10 picks, and then there's an obvious drop in talent. Doesn't mean that someone like a Zhaire Smith won't surprise, but that the water gets a little more muddy. I think Keita Bates-Diop is going to be a solid NBA player, but I'm not sure how good. Is he good enough to be a starter, or just a solid rotational bench player?
Really appreciate your knowledge of the college players - have you put up a 1-9 mock somewhere? I'd be really interested to see it.

Tankathon has pretty consistently Ayton, Doncic, Jackson, Porter, Bagley in some order as the top 5.

Then they have Bamba, Young, Carter, Bridges as the next 4 - our range. Usually with Kings getting Bamba which leaves me unexcited (the top 5 seem exciting).

If you're right and Bridges jumps... who drops? Do you think there is a realistic scenario where one of those top 5 fall to 7/9 Kings range?

Mikal Bridges has grown on me over the course of the past 3 months. The kid seems like a really good fit for the Kings not only because he fills a need but because he also fits in with their team/culture concept.

I'm always for drafting a player that is good on both sides of the ball. You can't ever have enough of those types of players.

Mikal Bridges has grown on me over the course of the past 3 months. The kid seems like a really good fit for the Kings not only because he fills a need but because he also fits in with their team/culture concept.

I'm always for drafting a player that is good on both sides of the ball. You can't ever have enough of those types of players.
I like Mikal and have watched whatever I can of Nova in this tournament. His numbers do not always stand out and he looks like the big NBA SF's could snap him in two, still I think he will be a solid pick. The glue type, or good third option type. Not the star I hope for but a lot better than what we have at SF, maybe the best we can expect not drafting in the top 3.

Do we trade for Klay Thompson if he becomes available?

Or Kevin Love? After Lebron leaves we’d have seen Giles play in summer league and offer Cleveland Skal/WCS for Love and Thompson

Last edited:
Do we trade for Klay Thompson if he becomes available?

Or Kevin Love? After Lebron leaves we’d have seen Giles play in summer league and offer Cleveland Skal/WCS for Love and Thompson
I would definitely trade for Klay and Love. However, I wouldn't want to include our pick in either trade. Lebron probably isn't leaving, and they'd want more for KLove.

In a Klay trade, I'd trade Bogdan/Buddy along with WCS. Although I think the Warrior will want more. Yes he's older at 28yearsold, but he's a legitimate all-star who's also a 2-way player.

I would definitely trade for Klay and Love. However, I wouldn't want to include our pick in either trade. Lebron probably isn't leaving, and they'd want more for KLove.

In a Klay trade, I'd trade Bogdan/Buddy along with WCS. Although I think the Warrior will want more. Yes he's older at 28yearsold, but he's a legitimate all-star who's also a 2-way player.
What makes you think Lebron isn’t leaving?
If he leaves which I think he does Skal/WCS is a good get after they draft a pg.

In a Klay Thompson trade they would be trading him to avoid the massive luxury with max contracts to Curry, KD, and Green.
No way I’d trade Bogdan though absolutely not. I’d offer them Buddy/6/JJ.

After that I’d sign Trevor Ariza

Thompson
Ariza/Temple
Love
Giles/TT

Another guy I’d trade WCS/Skal for is Hassan Whiteside. He’d solve it rebounding issue, provide inside scoring, and shot blocking. Giving up Skal/WCS isn’t that much for him as we’d have to pay WCS next year

What makes you think Lebron isn’t leaving?
If he leaves which I think he does Skal/WCS is a good get after they draft a pg.

In a Klay Thompson trade they would be trading him to avoid the massive luxury with max contracts to Curry, KD, and Green.
No way I’d trade Bogdan though absolutely not. I’d offer them Buddy/6/JJ.

After that I’d sign Trevor Ariza

Thompson
Ariza/Temple
Love
Giles/TT
Just gut. I think he'll do a 1+1 deal. WCS+Skal isn't enough for KLove. Skal's value isn't very high right now. I could see other teams offering better deals. Celtics could easily outbid everyone with just Brown or Tatum. Kings would need to do Buddy+WCS.

I wouldn't give up #6+Buddy for Klay. That's more than we got for Cousins who was also only an expiring deal. I have no problem trading Bogdan in any deal. Just as long as the price is right.

Y’all gotta stop with the Knox nonsense dude isn’t going too 10 we’ll be choosing between Carter and Bridges.

Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Jackson
Porter
Bamba
Bridges
Young
Carter
I would imagine Porter might slip all the way to us at 7 or 8. If Bulls pick 7, they pick him. If we pick 7, we pick Porter.

If the bulls do select him at 7, I don't mind drafting Trae Young then asking the Magic to select Mamba/Jackson for us so we can then flip the picks along with maybe WCS/Shumpert for Magic pick + Biyombo.

THOUGHTS?

Philadelphia fan floated the idea of Saric/11 for 6 I’d do that trade if Porter Jr wasn’t there at 6 for us.

Saric is average 15-7-2 he’s a very good passer and spreads the floor for us at PF. He also fits a with our young guys and that at 12 we could take Miles Bridges or Knox

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1585142
I'd do this in a second. Saric is really freaking good and actually underutilized on Philly playing behind Simmons and Embiid. Just a perfect 4 in today's NBA and adds another quality shooter and a playmaker to put next to Fox. Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Saric would be a potentially great offense.

I'd do this in a second. Saric is really freaking good and actually underutilized on Philly playing behind Simmons and Embiid. Just a perfect 4 in today's NBA and adds another quality shooter and a playmaker to put next to Fox. Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Saric would be a potentially great offense.
Looking at Sarics contract they’re not trading him. He won’t be traded for 2-3 years when his contract is up and they’re paying Embiid, Ben, and the free agent from this year

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Philadelphia fan floated the idea of Saric/11 for 6 I’d do that trade if Porter Jr wasn’t there at 6 for us.

Saric is average 15-7-2 he’s a very good passer and spreads the floor for us at PF. He also fits a with our young guys and that at 12 we could take Miles Bridges or Knox

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1585142
I have Knox going at 19 on my board, and personally, I think he could lower than that. If I'm going to reach at 12, I would reach for Keita Bates-Diop, who is a slightly more muscular, and slightly less athletic version of Mikal Bridges. Good three point shooter, and like Bridges, terrific defender. I'd also rather take a gamble on Mitchell Robinson over Knox. Knox should have stayed in school.

I have Knox going at 19 on my board, and personally, I think he could lower than that. If I'm going to reach at 12, I would reach for Keita Bates-Diop, who is a slightly more muscular, and slightly less athletic version of Mikal Bridges. Good three point shooter, and like Bridges, terrific defender. I'd also rather take a gamble on Mitchell Robinson over Knox. Knox should have stayed in school.
I’m as low as you are on Knox I’d take him 15-20 though

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I honestly don't follow those guys that closely but your comment intrigues me. Is Mikal in the Doug Christie mold?

I honestly don't follow those guys that closely but your comment intrigues me. Is Mikal in the Doug Christie mold?
On offense, no. They both play within themselves and are great shooters, but Doug was more of a passer/playmaker than a scorer, while Mikal will have more of a scorer's mentality in the NBA. On defense though, I can see it. I think Mikal is a guy you put on the best wing every game and then even on the PG in certain situations, similar to where we used Christie on their best wing a lot of the time. What's really nice is Bogdan has enough size that we can be flexible with them at the 2 and the 3 and use Bridges strengths to defend multiple positions. That also saves Bogdan too and lets him focus his energy on offense.

With Bridges I think a very likely floor is a 10-12 PPG, 38+% from 3 and a guy who's competing for All-NBA defense awards. He's just a really great wing defensive prospect and the fact that he's such a light-out shooter is a big old cherry on top in today's NBA. His ceiling depends on how much you believe he can still develop on the offensive end and if he's got another level he can take his game. I personally think he does as he's shown another level every single year he's been at Nova.

Looking at Sarics contract they’re not trading him. He won’t be traded for 2-3 years when his contract is up and they’re paying Embiid, Ben, and the free agent from this year

Probably, but if Trae Young is sitting their at 6? Talk about an absolute stellar LeBron pitch....

Young
Fultz
Simmons
LeBron
Embiid

GG rest of the league.