If we are 9 or 10 do you trade out

Falling this far back, all options are on the table. I would look for a riser here like Bonga or Musa. I have a strong feeling about Musa rising a bit towards draft day. Electric shooter. Alpha scorer. Needs work on his body and who knows how his defense will translate.
Ya if we get a big first Bamba, Carter, Jackson, or Bagley I’d trade WCS to a team like Milwaukee and draft Musa

Think we need to be considering some of the guards and not write them off yet.. Where we might be picking, talent wise, they may be a clear tier above next talent level. Guys like Sexton, Alexander Young etc compared to knox. Fit is terrible, but id rather pick up another gaurd and move someone than get a sub par talent that will compete with say Jackson for a bench role at SF in a year or two.

Think we need to be considering some of the guards and not write them off yet.. Where we might be picking, talent wise, they may be a clear tier above next talent level. Guys like Sexton, Alexander Young etc compared to knox. Fit is terrible, but id rather pick up another gaurd and move someone than get a sub par talent that will compete with say Jackson for a bench role at SF in a year or two.
That's always something to consider. If that does happen I think we can pretty much kiss a playoff run in a couple years goodbye unless Giles turns out to really be Chris Webber.

At no point should we consider a guard if we pick 8-10 take Bridges or Knox

We can run a 3 gaurd 2 big lineup or Small ball Temple or Jackson at the 4....we force other team to go to their SF 1v1 throwing them out of rhythm while we light them up from 3. Jackson and Temple would be used against Durant and James but id expect we would be killed hy those teams regardless.

Young Mason
Bogs Fox Jackson/Temple as needed
Hield

Skal Jackson/Carter
Giles Kk

If we were looking at 11 or 12, then yeah, but just won’t be necessary given our present situation.

Well it’s not like Fox has been tearing it up this year.

I would trade out and gamble on Kawhi. Instantly improves our D.

I think the drama with him and the spurs can only be solved by going separate ways.

1st pick + wcs/skal for Kawhi.

I bet the ask for Bogie though. His game has spurs written all over him.

Let the Lakers mortgage their future for Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves SA a major piece is his perception that SA cannot recruit. Well, he’s the star and it’s on him to do the recruiting. We just traded a megastar who couldn’t/wouldn’t recruit. I’m not interested in repeating that, for a one year rental, BTW.

I am not interested in Kawhi at the steep price. First round pick this year is the most I would offer.

He is at his height of the value right now with Spurs system and memory of injury free performance.

Combining that he did have injury and that Spurs players rarely achieve anything similar to what they did at Spurs once they are out of the system, I think that his contribution will be significantly lower than what folks expect.

He is a very good player, but not shoe in all-star once out of the Spurs system.

I am not interested in Kawhi at the steep price. First round pick this year is the most I would offer.

He is at his height of the value right now with Spurs system and memory of injury free performance.

Combining that he did have injury and that Spurs players rarely achieve anything similar to what they did at Spurs once they are out of the system, I think that his contribution will be significantly lower than what folks expect.

He is a very good player, but not shoe in all-star once out of the Spurs system.
This is crazy talk

A player who could be on the trade block is Klay Thompson. GSW will be in tax hell and Klay will get the max they’re already gonna have to pay Durant the max and Steph has it as well. With Green becoming a FA season after Klay they’d have to chose Green over Klay. If we aren’t in the top 6 picks I’d trade the pick and Hield for Klay.

And in mid July when Lebron leaves Cleveland I’d follow this love by trading WCS/Skal for Kevin Love. Bam we’re a playoff team with young pieces still growing

Last edited:
Only when dealing with role players. Stars are going to be stars in just about any system.
Look, I like Kawhi, but if he wanted to be in a situation like Sacramento then he would quit gold-bricking it, get back to work in SA, and be recruiting his Team USA teammates to the Spurs non-stop. That is not what he wants, apparently. If he leaves its because he would rather stay his same reclusive self, make a little more endorsement money and pay a lot more taxes in LA, and let Magic and the Lakers hype machine do all the team building for him. We don’t need to mortgage our future for that type of dude.

Also, no star has ever left this iteration of the Spurs so we cannot really be sure he will be the same in a different situation. The gentleman’s point stands for all other homegrown players who left the Spurs.

Fox, Buddy, JJ, WCS, our pick (3-8) might be enough to outbid other teams scared to lose him.

Go into free agency building around Kawhi sign Avery Bradley and Hezonja.
Did you forget about Harden & Westbrook?
Don’t make me laugh those non defenders aren’t better than Kawhi and when the whistle stops in the playoffs Harden will disappear like usual.

Fox, Buddy, JJ, WCS, our pick (3-8) might be enough to outbid other teams scared to lose him.

Go into free agency building around Kawhi sign Avery Bradley (22mill per) and Bjelica(13mill per).

Bogdan/Mason
Bradley/Temple
Kawhi
Bjelica/Skal
KK/Giles/ZBo

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Go into free agency building around Kawhi sign Avery Bradley and Hezonja.

Don’t make me laugh those non defenders aren’t better than Kawhi and when the whistle stops in the playoffs Harden will disappear like usual.
laugh out loud...we done here

Weather Kawhi is top 4 or 6 player doesn't matter he can be the best player in the league any given year. I get how the guy has been out all season but I guess people easily forget. Not only is he a top offensive player he's arguably the best defensive player in the league.

Phoneix has said they are open to moving their pick for veterans, maybe they make a move for Kawhi.

Weather Kawhi is top 4 or 6 player doesn't matter he can be the best player in the league any given year. I get how the guy has been out all season but I guess people easily forget. Not only is he a top offensive player he's arguably the best defensive player in the league.

Phoneix has said they are open to moving their pick for veterans, maybe they make a move for Kawhi.
The only player better than him is Lebron can’t believe it’s even up for debate he was fat and away the best player in game 1 vs GSW last year. He won that game (we know the outcome if Zaza doesn’t do what he does) for SA and curry/Durant weren’t on his level

Go into free agency building around Kawhi sign Avery Bradley (22mill per) and Bjelica(13mill per).

Bogdan/Mason
Bradley/Temple
Kawhi
Bjelica/Skal
KK/Giles/ZBo
You've traded away your youth. You have one year to succeed. The following year he has a player option. He leaves, you start the whole cycle again. Screw the short cuts, they haven't been good for the Kings.

Wait a year and prove you have something going. The team will have salary cap room. If he wants to come, he'll come. If not, he won't. And yes, I know the history.

Kawhi is the best player in the league imo. Wake me up when the spurs lose a player of that caliber because it hasn't happened yet.