Heat Interest Walker ?

Word is that The Heat are Interesting In Antonio Walker.I'm not going to lie if The Heat want him this is what they got to do.

1. Do and S&T deal
2 Pay him alot cause the man ain't cheap
3 trade Damon

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Go Heat.

But frankly I think its wrong that he's not cheap. There's not exactly a mad rush of teams fighting over Walker, and an MLE offer from a contender (who is wise enough to want him at SF) might do the trick.

If the Heat picked him up this would probably be their starting five.

PG: Dwayne Wade
SG: Eddie Jones
SF: Antoine Walker
PF: Udonis Haslem
C: Shaquille O'neal (sp)

As you can see they would have to go very big. Because their five best players are very big.

That team could easily tank with Shaq missing big chunks of the year, as he inevitably will. Walker/Jones/Haslem seems far to reminiscent of last year's Hawks, and I don't think Wade is good enough, experienced enough or Shaq committed enough to hold the team together. Also Van Gundy ain't that great of a coach. I don't think they'll do as well in the regular season, not get the top seed again, but will still do damage in the playoffs and get bounced by Indy, Detroit or Cleveland.

They were one play away from reaching the nba finals. If Wade has taken care of the ball and ensured that he took a good shot instead of that fadeaway, we might have seen a different finals. The team is relatively new and they didnt have the cohesiveness of the pistons, yet they had the pistons on the rope. If wade gets mature enough and maybe if Gundy gets mature enough to call that timeout and design a good play to score on the posession then they are a real contender.

Any team that has Shaq will always be a contender and i dont think they will get bounced by Cleveland in the next 3 years to come.

vladetomiller said:
They were one play away from reaching the nba finals. If Wade has taken care of the ball and ensured that he took a good shot instead of that fadeaway, we might have seen a different finals. The team is relatively new and they didnt have the cohesiveness of the pistons, yet they had the pistons on the rope. If wade gets mature enough and maybe if Gundy gets mature enough to call that timeout and design a good play to score on the posession then they are a real contender.

Any team that has Shaq will always be a contender and i dont think they will get bounced by Cleveland in the next 3 years to come.
Oh yeah with SHaq on the team you are contender but that doesn't mean you are going all the way since shaq isn't playing to more.

I am surprised Atlanta is not back in on Walker. Since the appear to just be spending for free agents without any regard to how they will fit in their system.

^^^Yup Shaq won't play even close to dominant in regular season, my point about no. 1 seed, and is decline, plus will be rusty in the playoffs. And the Heat have got a lot of FAs who were key roleplayers in last year's playoff push. Plus I honestly think the Pistons will be a better team this year under Saunders-they will still play D the way LB taught them, Darko can develop under Flip and they might actually have a bench. And if Shaq doesn't play at full strength the Cavs will have no problem bouncing them-Wade is a poor man's LeBron, and Z, Hughes and Marshall, maybe Jaric, will overmatch everyone else on the Heat roster. So riding on Shaq's back, with where he is in his career, is very very risky. They will be good, but they have no chance of getting out of the east. Also I think, if they stay intact, Indy could handle them better than anyone else in the east. The top of the east will be rough next year, and I don't think Miami has a shot of coming out of it.

Ok, I admit it,

I like Walker. I have for a long time. Call it a guilty pleasure :)

I think going to Miami would be great for him and Miami. While his basketball IQ is, well, nonexistant, he is a force in the locker room (in a good way from what we saw from Boston) and he has talent. He will never USE his talent, but perhaps he won't need to that much in Miami.