Have you?

W

West_Gunslinger16

Have you guys voted for your favorite King or player for the 2006 All-Star games in Houston. If yes, then who did you voted for? (DUH!)

Don't forget to vote! :)

I voted for

West:
F Stojakovic and Abdur-Rahim
C Miller
G Bibby/Mobley

Voted to get "IN" the list:
G Wells

East:
F James/Howard , Dwight
C Ilgauskas
G Hughes/Francis , Steve

West_Gunslinger16 said:
Have you guys voted for your favorite King or player for the 2006 All-Star games in Houston. If yes, then who did you voted for? (DUH!)

I voted for

West:
C Miller
G Bibby/Mobley

G Wells

East:
F James/Howard , Dwight
C Ilgauskas
G Hughes/Francis , Steve
This shows why the fans shouldn't be allowed to vote. How can you honestly say your happy with Peja's game? He doesn't belong anywhere near that game. That's almost as disgraceful as Vince Carter getting voted in when he was injured for the 1st half of the season. It's turns the game into a joke, nothing more than a popularity contest.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Team Dime said:
This shows why the fans shouldn't be allowed to vote. How can you honestly say your happy with Peja's game? He doesn't belong anywhere near that game. That's almost as disgraceful as Vince Carter getting voted in when he was injured for the 1st half of the season. It's turns the game into a joke, nothing more than a popularity contest.
Whatever you say, boss. He's getting better and better anyway. What CAN you say about Yao? :confused:

piksi

Hall of Famer
Team Dime said:
Regardless of the reasons or the reality there is absolutely nothing wronh with supporting players on the team that You are fan of. We are fans of the Sacramento Kings. We don't have to be objective when it comes to "our" players vs players from the other teams.

Actually, the game IS in essence a popularity contest. Read the NBA site, it says vote for your favorite player to enter the All-Star game. He may not be the best player in the league, but if West_Gunslinger16's favorite player is Peja then he has the right to vote Peja into the game, IMHO. But on the other hand, not voting for Kings players does not make piksi any less of a fan. Blindly supporting the team can actually damage the team, with the Kings' long history of injuries, the less games our guys play, the better.

Ryan

I like turtles
WEST
Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Forward
Peja Stojakovic, Forward
Mike Bibby , Guard
Bobby Jackson , Guard
Brad Miller, Center

EAST
LeBron James, Forward
Chris Webber, Forward
Chauncey Billups, Guard
Jason Kidd, Guard
Ben Wallace , Center

The all star games are much more fun when they have more point guards.

Team Dime said:
LOL, it's easy to point finger at Peja as always... getting too old...
But honestly none of our players listed worth to mention.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sorry, I don't play that game. Hometown players always get a boost in my consideration, but I'm not just going to blindly vote for them just for the heck of it.

Figure:

Camby
Duncan
Brand
Kobe
Nash
Garnett
Nowitzki
Marion
Parker

are all in at the moment.

Then one of the Golden State guys (to recognize their accomplishment) -- Baron is the engine, but the shooting % maybe means Richardson. So that's 10.

Leaving our guys to contend with TMac (automatic #11 if he stays healthy), Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Andrei Kirilenko, Yao, Ginobili, Maggette, Cassel, Gasol (possible just to recognize Memphis' season) etc.

Best chance is to sneak Mike or Brad in as the semi-mandatroy backup C (if no Yao) or PG (in no Baron). But no chance so long as we remain viewed as a disappointment.

doone said:
Actually, the game IS in essence a popularity contest. Read the NBA site, it says vote for your favorite player to enter the All-Star game. He may not be the best player in the league, but if West_Gunslinger16's favorite player is Peja then he has the right to vote Peja into the game, IMHO. But on the other hand, not voting for Kings players does not make piksi any less of a fan. Blindly supporting the team can actually damage the team, with the Kings' long history of injuries, the less games our guys play, the better.
Yea, yea, yea. It's his right to blindly vote for Peja just like it's my right to tell him he's dumb for doing it.

It's like organizing a rally to give someone something they really don't deserve.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Team Dime said:
Yea, yea, yea. It's his right to blindly vote for Peja just like it's my right to tell him he's dumb for doing it.

It's like organizing a rally to give someone something they really don't deserve.
Partially correct.

WG16 does, of course, have the right to vote for whomever he wishes in the All-Star balloting. And you, of course, have the right to disagree with his selections.

What you DON'T have is the right to tell him he's dumb.

You can disagree with someone without resorting to personal insults.

I voted base on who I think deserved to be in the game, although there is no problem on voting for favorites.
West
Kobe, Nash
Brand, Duncan
Camby

East
Iverson, Wade
LBJ, Jamison
Z

piksi

Hall of Famer
I did not vote and I will not watch it. I will watch the rookie game mainly because C Paul will be there and so will Nenad Krstic

Word from a Peja homer.

Team Dime said:
Peja is one of the best shooters in the game. But he has not done much this seasons (at least from the point that he injured his hand)... So I do not think he should be in the all-star game this year.

But what can we say about the others:
Bibby, midiocre PG that can occasionally score in a clutch situation. Miller, a decent passing center.
SAR, good all-around forward that is not the tops in any catagory.
Bonzi, consistant hard working player that is also not the tops in any catagory.

At least Peja has something unique. So if I am watching the all-star game .... I'd rather see someone like Shaq at center with KG/TD/..., Nash dishing passes and a really gifted shooter trolling along the three point line...

And finally, at the moment no King diserves to be in the all-star game.

civija said:
Peja is one of the best shooters in the game. But he has not done much this seasons (at least from the point that he injured his hand)... So I do not think he should be in the all-star game this year.

But what can we say about the others:
Bibby, midiocre PG that can occasionally score in a clutch situation. Miller, a decent passing center.
SAR, good all-around forward that is not the tops in any catagory.
Bonzi, consistant hard working player that is also not the tops in any catagory.

At least Peja has something unique. So if I am watching the all-star game .... I'd rather see someone like Shaq at center with KG/TD/..., Nash dishing passes and a really gifted shooter trolling along the three point line...

And finally, at the moment no King diserves to be in the all-star game.

wow

Bibby is not mediocre. Last season he was a 20/7/4 player and is one of the clutchest player in the game. If we had him run the offense(IE PHX with Nash) instead of Miller he would get some more assists.

Bricklayer

BMiller52 said:
wow

Bibby is not mediocre. Last season he was a 20/7/4 player and is one of the clutchest player in the game. If we had him run the offense(IE PHX with Nash) instead of Miller he would get some more assists.
Silly boy -- EVERYBODY is mediocre when compared to Peja, or hadn't you caught on to that yet? ;)

The ability to play a mean game of HORSE is simply the most exciting thing you will ever see on a basketball court. Get with it.

Last edited:
BMiller52 said:
wow

That was Team-Dime bait... get off my hook.

West_Gunslinger16 said:

I voted for

West:
C Miller
G Bibby/Mobley

G Wells

East:
F James/Howard , Dwight
C Ilgauskas
G Hughes/Francis , Steve
Random question. You only get 5 votes for each conference (2 G's, 2 F's, 1 C) if you punch out more than that, it voids the ballot....SO, if they actually read the write in votes and really do count them, then you lodged too many votes for the West, doesn't that void that ballot?

W

West_Gunslinger16

What the?

Team Dime said:

I don't want to answer this because people like this (I'm not instigating a fight but just using my experience as a poster) are stubborn. It's useless to argue with them. That's why I posted this here because I am a big fan of the team, if you are familiar of, Sacramento Kings. I voted for Peja because of his 3 point shooting that not everybody has. Anyway here's to you TEAM DIME:

PEJA FOR THREE!

Why the hell are people geting so beat up over this. You all shoudl know it is a popularity contest, nothing more. Who cares if we try to get our guys in there!

Bricklayer

sloter said:
When was the last time a player got hurt during the all-star weekend ?
Unfortunatley, and ironically, probably when Miller got hurt during the game in 03-04. Just crap luck. Play 1500minutes of regular season action + stayed healthy. Then come in and play 12 minutes in an All-Star game and never be healthy again thta year.

I don't worry about All-Star injuries in the least. But it is ironic that I said the same thing just before Brad did indeed get hurt.

Bricklayer said:
Sorry, I don't play that game. Hometown players always get a boost in my consideration, but I'm not just going to blindly vote for them just for the heck of it.

Figure:

Camby
Duncan
Brand
Kobe
Nash
Garnett
Nowitzki
Marion
Parker

are all in at the moment.

Then one of the Golden State guys (to recognize their accomplishment) -- Baron is the engine, but the shooting % maybe means Richardson. So that's 10.

Leaving our guys to contend with TMac (automatic #11 if he stays healthy), Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Andrei Kirilenko, Yao, Ginobili, Maggette, Cassel, Gasol (possible just to recognize Memphis' season) etc.

Best chance is to sneak Mike or Brad in as the semi-mandatroy backup C (if no Yao) or PG (in no Baron). But no chance so long as we remain viewed as a disappointment.
i think Yao is in for sure (starting, too) because of all the votes he gets from China. so Camby would back up Yao. Unless Camby gets injured, you'll never know.

I wish Mike could be in it (although he's not having a good year yet--i'm hoping he goes on a good streak and rides with it throughout the rest of the season). He has been at the brink of going for years now and still hasn't been able to go. I really think Mike wants it --he was very disappointed last season, so I really hope he would get voted in by the coaches.

His chances aren't looking so well right now because coupled with his less than stellar performance, if the kings struggle and don't have a good record by the ASB, no king is going to go.