has geoff petrie been eyeing jimmer for awhile?

do you think he has been eying him since he was a freshmen? it seems like hes building our team around him.
jimmer was a senior in college so that means hes been playing since 07.
if you look at the team it seems too comical that he fits just right with our current team.

jimmer- spreads the floor with great 3 point shooting

tyreke- one of the best slashers/drivers in the game. un guardable by most pg or sg. if doubled he can drive in dish it out to jimmer or cousins or if left 1 on 1 he will own.

Thornton- excellent slasher/ driver. can hit almost any shot

jt- double double machine- does all the dirty work. great passer great rebounder

cousins. top 5 big man in the game. he was doubled most of all last season. now that we have jimmer, no more being doubled or triple teamed. they have to respect our shooters now. if doubled he can pass it to the cutting evans our kick it out to jimmer or thornton.

it just seems like petrie new we were going to get jimmer 4 years ago and started to build around him. the pieces seem to right. am i wrong?
what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
nope
why pick jimmer when we could've had knight who is way better overall?
we picked evans, then cousins then jimmer
a sg who can drive, a center dominate any center, then a pg who can drain it from way beyond the arc.
hmmmm
According to your logic we should have been building a team around Knight. I suspect we picked Jimmer because he fit our team and not the incredible statistical improbablilty of being able to pick an entire team so Jimmer could come off the bench for us.

According to your logic we should have been building a team around Knight. I suspect we picked Jimmer because he fit our team and not the incredible statistical improbablilty of being able to pick an entire team so Jimmer could come off the bench for us.
its not impossible. gms do know the up and commings. it just seems to perfect and easy.
we have a top 5 big man, top 10 sg, and now if hes just like he was in college he can be a top 10 pg.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Your whole plan would have gone to s*** if we got the #1 and took Blake in 09. Really, you think building a team around Jimmer in 07 was the plan? You think gm's look at college freshman who aren't talented enought to turn pro for another 4 years, and say, hey, that's my guy, let's start building our team around him so if he develops, and if he becomes an NBA player, we'll already have a roster constructed around him?

You think any gm has a clue how guys will pan out 4 years later? We have people on here who said Reke couldn't create for others, and never will after his first month in the league. So we have some posters who think players hit their ceiling at age 20, and we have others who think gm's start constructing an nba roster around a guy 4 years before the guy even enters the draft? Do you think Petrie has a world class psychic in his closet, who tells him which players will be available at what pick, 4 years down the road?

Did Cle start building its roster when Lebron was a freshman in highschool?

Stop making threads! You have 129 posts, and have started 38 threads. Every time you have a thought you don't need to start a thread!

Last edited:
i still dont think the kings wouldve drafted blake. all he can do is dunk. hes too small to play the 4. thats why when he plays against taller people he gets killed.blake is good but your not going to win a ring with balkemas your pf. good luck getting those rebounds when needed in the 4th.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
i still dont think the kings wouldve drafted blake. all he can do is dunk. hes too small to play the 4. thats why when he plays against taller people he gets killed.blake is good but your not going to win a ring with balkemas your pf. good luck getting those rebounds when needed in the 4th.
Duude.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Hey, I'm glad we have Evans. He's a tough dude. But I'm pretty sure the FO would have taken who was thought to be the consensus #1 draft pick at the time. Who knows how things would have turned out. We might have John Wall, we might have, uh, not John Wall. (Who was the next PG taken?)

Either way, you can't be serious that a GM would plan for a guy who was 4 years away. In hindsight, we lucked into both Evans and DMC being available.

Hey, I'm glad we have Evans. He's a tough dude. But I'm pretty sure the FO would have taken who was thought to be the consensus #1 draft pick at the time. Who knows how things would have turned out. We might have John Wall, we might have, uh, not John Wall. (Who was the next PG taken?)

Either way, you can't be serious that a GM would plan for a guy who was 4 years away. In hindsight, we lucked into both Evans and DMC being available.
and jimmer? the best college scorer in the nation?
thats pretty good luck for not having the first pick

I think the OP is spot on, and I would encourage him to continue to create enlightening threads.

I don't know how I managed to miss this. It was so obvious ;)

This might be my new favorite completely impossible conspiracy theory. Petrie building a team around freshman Jimmer in anticipation of trading down to take him at #10 four years later. I wonder how far this could be taken. Did Petrie leave Gerald Wallace unprotected to kick start his plan to build around a 6th grade Jimmer?

The day Petrie signed with the Kings, Jimmer was 11 years old...

One day while traveling with the team to watch the Kings play in Salt Lake City, Geoff grew rather bored with the wait until gametime and warm ups and decided to go for a spin. He rented a vehicle and took off, driving anywhere and everywhere he could go. There was a traffic accident up ahead on the main city roads so Geoff quickly exited the main streets and headed into the urban areas, away from the city lights. As he was driving through neighborhoods, he noticed that game time and warm ups were soon approaching, so he had to get back to the arena. As he was making a U-turn back to the main roads, he heard a very simple and faint swish from the very depths of his hearing..

Geoff's eyes lit, his heart burst into flame, and adrenaline rushed through his veins. I know that tone of swish from a mile away... Thought Petrie..He took a deep breath. Exhaled.Shooter. He raced through the neighborhood, trying to look for basketball hoops, anywhere. As he drove up and down each street, block by block, all he could hear was the sound of that pure swish. It tortured Geoff. He felt like a child on Christmas Eve, impatiently waiting for Christmas mourn...

Up and down he drove the streets. Over there? NO!

Over here? NO!

Where is it coming from! Geoff's mind was blistering with excited anticipation. Anxiously searching for the sweet swish to rid him of the tormenting restlessness. Game time and warm ups were approaching, and approaching fast it was. He so urgently desired to fine the shooter of the swish, but he went through all the roads and streets. A tear fled his right eye, as he knew it was impossible to find the shooter...

As he drove towards the main streets to the arena, he then saw a bright light. Geoff pin pointed where the light shined, and at that very moment.. And by God was that moment spectacular.. Petrie eyed the little white boy shooting in a cul de sac he missed while entering the neighborhood. Drool sipping down his mouth, he proceeded and crept towards the little white boy's house.. He watched in amazement as with every shot the boy took, it was swish after swish. It wasn't a normal swish, no no no.... It was the shooter's swish.

At 4 miles per hour, Geoff slowly crept towards the boy's home.. he turned off his lights so the boy wouldn't get distracted by an oncoming car so he would continue with his shooting.. Stalker-like, Geoff sat in his car and watched the boy shoot. Every shot he took, swish. Anywhere he shot, swish. After 30 minutes of utter ecstasy, Geoff quickly regained consciousness and of time. He was late for the game, as the Kings were playing the Utah Jazz. He had to think fast, and fast he thought! He turned on the engine and drove towards the boy.

He came around the house and made eye contact with the boy. Rolled the passenger side window down and hollered, "Hey, you got a pretty nice shot there pal."

"I DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS.", responded the 11 year old Fredette. As he was ready to bolt back into the house.

"No, no, no!!! Don't do that..! Please..Just tell me your name..!!"

"My name?"

"Yes, just your name. GOD, please, just tell me your name!! asdfasdl;kfjadf!!!"

"You're not a serial killer are you?"

"JUST TELL ME YOUR @#%DAMN NAME!!!"

"Jimmer."

Petrie hit the gas and headed towards the arena, left nothing but tire marks and the smell of burned rubber.

So, yeah, I agree with the OP.

According to this obviously true story, GP has been building team after team, trying to find a right formula to fit Jimmer's play style.
Waiting for Jimmer's fruition.
..and now, 14 years later...
...The stars aligned and point to the one and only..
Jimmer...
...Fredette...

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This might be my new favorite completely impossible conspiracy theory. Petrie building a team around freshman Jimmer in anticipation of trading down to take him at #10 four years later. I wonder how far this could be taken. Did Petrie leave Gerald Wallace unprotected to kick start his plan to build around a 6th grade Jimmer?
Are you saying this is not possible? C'monnnnn!

The day Petrie signed with the Kings, Jimmer was 11 years old...

One day while traveling with the team to watch the Kings play in Salt Lake City, Geoff grew rather bored with the wait until gametime and warm ups and decided to go for a spin. He rented a vehicle and took off, driving anywhere and everywhere he could go. There was a traffic accident up ahead on the main city roads so Geoff quickly exited the main streets and headed into the urban areas, away from the city lights. As he was driving through neighborhoods, he noticed that game time and warm ups were soon approaching, so he had to get back to the arena. As he was making a U-turn back to the main roads, he heard a very simple and faint swish from the very depths of his hearing..

Geoff's eyes lit, his heart burst into flame, and adrenaline rushed through his veins. I know that tone of swish from a mile away... Thought Petrie..He took a deep breath. Exhaled.Shooter. He raced through the neighborhood, trying to look for basketball hoops, anywhere. As he drove up and down each street, block by block, all he could hear was the sound of that pure swish. It tortured Geoff. He felt like a child on Christmas Eve, impatiently waiting for Christmas mourn...

Up and down he drove the streets. Over there? NO!

Over here? NO!

Where is it coming from! Geoff's mind was blistering with excited anticipation. Anxiously searching for the sweet swish to rid him of the tormenting restlessness. Game time and warm ups were approaching, and approaching fast it was. He so urgently desired to fine the shooter of the swish, but he went through all the roads and streets. A tear fled his right eye, as he knew it was impossible to find the shooter...

As he drove towards the main streets to the arena, he then saw a bright light. Geoff pin pointed where the light shined, and at that very moment.. And by God was that moment spectacular.. Petrie eyed the little white boy shooting in a cul de sac he missed while entering the neighborhood. Drool sipping down his mouth, he proceeded and crept towards the little white boy's house.. He watched in amazement as with every shot the boy took, it was swish after swish. It wasn't a normal swish, no no no.... It was the shooter's swish.

At 4 miles per hour, Geoff slowly crept towards the boy's home.. he turned off his lights so the boy wouldn't get distracted by an oncoming car so he would continue with his shooting.. Stalker-like, Geoff sat in his car and watched the boy shoot. Every shot he took, swish. Anywhere he shot, swish. After 30 minutes of utter ecstasy, Geoff quickly regained consciousness and of time. He was late for the game, as the Kings were playing the Utah Jazz. He had to think fast, and fast he thought! He turned on the engine and drove towards the boy.

He came around the house and made eye contact with the boy. Rolled the passenger side window down and hollered, "Hey, you got a pretty nice shot there pal."

"I DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS.", responded the 11 year old Fredette. As he was ready to bolt back into the house.

"No, no, no!!! Don't do that..! Please..Just tell me your name..!!"

"My name?"

"Yes, just your name. GOD, please, just tell me your name!! asdfasdl;kfjadf!!!"

"You're not a serial killer are you?"

"JUST TELL ME YOUR @#%DAMN NAME!!!"

"Jimmer."

Petrie hit the gas and headed towards the arena, left nothing but tire marks and the smell of burned rubber.

So, yeah, I agree with the OP.

According to this obviously true story, GP has been building team after team, trying to find a right formula to fit Jimmer's play style.
Waiting for Jimmer's fruition.
...The stars aligned and point to the one and only..
Jimmer...
...Fredette...
LMAO!

Haha although Jimmer is from upstate New York, not Utah.

the day petrie signed with the kings, jimmer was 11 years old...

one day while traveling with the team to watch the kings play in salt lake city, geoff grew rather bored with the wait until gametime and warm ups and decided to go for a spin. He rented a vehicle and took off, driving anywhere and everywhere he could go. There was a traffic accident up ahead on the main city roads so geoff quickly exited the main streets and headed into the urban areas, away from the city lights. As he was driving through neighborhoods, he noticed that game time and warm ups were soon approaching, so he had to get back to the arena. As he was making a u-turn back to the main roads, he heard a very simple and faint swish from the very depths of his hearing..

Geoff's eyes lit, his heart burst into flame, and adrenaline rushed through his veins. i know that tone of swish from a mile away... thought petrie..he took a deep breath. Exhaled.shooter. he raced through the neighborhood, trying to look for basketball hoops, anywhere. As he drove up and down each street, block by block, all he could hear was the sound of that pure swish. It tortured geoff. He felt like a child on christmas eve, impatiently waiting for christmas mourn...

Up and down he drove the streets. Over there? No!

Over here? No!

As he drove towards the main streets to the arena, he then saw a bright light. Geoff pin pointed where the light shined, and at that very moment.. And by god was that moment spectacular.. Petrie eyed the little white boy shooting in a cul de sac he missed while entering the neighborhood. Drool sipping down his mouth, he proceeded and crept towards the little white boy's house.. He watched in amazement as with every shot the boy took, it was swish after swish. It wasn't a normal swish, no no no.... it was the shooter's swish.

at 4 miles per hour, geoff slowly crept towards the boy's home.. He turned off his lights so the boy wouldn't get distracted by an oncoming car so he would continue with his shooting.. Stalker-like, geoff sat in his car and watched the boy shoot. Every shot he took, swish. Anywhere he shot, swish. After 30 minutes of utter ecstasy, geoff quickly regained consciousness and of time. He was late for the game, as the kings were playing the utah jazz. He had to think fast, and fast he thought! He turned on the engine and drove towards the boy.

He came around the house and made eye contact with the boy. Rolled the passenger side window down and hollered, "hey, you got a pretty nice shot there pal."

"i don't talk to strangers.", responded the 11 year old fredette. As he was ready to bolt back into the house.

"no, no, no!!! Don't do that..! Please..just tell me your name..!!"

"my name?"

"yes, just your name. God, please, just tell me your name!! Asdfasdl;kfjadf!!!"

"you're not a serial killer are you?"

"just tell me your @#%damn name!!!"

"jimmer."

petrie hit the gas and headed towards the arena, left nothing but tire marks and the smell of burned rubber.

So, yeah, i agree with the op.

According to this obviously true story, gp has been building team after team, trying to find a right formula to fit jimmer's play style.
Waiting for jimmer's fruition.
...the stars aligned and point to the one and only..
Jimmer...
...fredette...

Amazing!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
odom owned blake, just sayin.
he only has one dimension to his game. dunking.
good luck playing against a real good zone defense in the playoffs
Explain to me how a one-dimensional rookie can not just average over 22 pts a game, but also 12 rebs and 4asts, along with 63 dbl dbls. You do realize those are rare numbers for any pf, let alone a rookie, right?. Those are CWebb in his prime type numbers. KG/Duncan type numbers. Do you think he gets 11 dunks a game and calls it a night?:confused:

How is that even in the realm of being considered one-dimensional? Wouldn't that actually be the defenition of versatile?

Last edited:
Explain to me how a one-dimensional rookie can not just average over 22 pts a game, but also 12 rebs and 4asts, along with 63 dbl dbls. You do realize those are rare numbers for any pf, let alone a rookie, right?. Those are CWebb in his prime type numbers. KG/Duncan type numbers. Do you think he gets 11 dunks a game and calls it a night?:confused:

How is that even in the realm of being considered one-dimensional? Wouldn't that actually be the defenition of versatile?
You clearly haven't watched enough basketball. If you knew a thing about basketball, you would know that all one-dimensional dunkers can average 22 points a game, 12 rebs and 4 assists in the NBA without even trying. Why, even Patrick Ewing Jr could put up those numbers if he wanted to.

And you call yourself a basketball fan.