Harry Giles thread back on track ;)

Harry's NBA Ceiling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It’s not minimizing it at all comparing it to Jokic is flat out insulting. Dudes basically running oh for them and is on his way his way to being a 1st ballet HOF player
Comparing his passing to the Joker's passing isn't insulting; it's wonderfully insightful. I haven't read anybody comparing Giles' rebounding or shooting to the Joker, just the one aspect of Jokic's game. To conflate *all* of Jokic's game to Giles' game is an insult - to one's intelligence.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Okay, now I'm curious. We have one store that charges for the bags that I know of in Kentucky. Part of their "sales" pitch. Who keeps the dime, store or State?
The bag fee is a state law, but if I understand correctly the state does NOT collect the fee; the store keeps it.

The bag debate is a deep and complex issue that many have suggested stretch back thousands of years. It is argued the current issue is just another evolution on the old basket weaving controversies which lead to many an uprisings, supressions, and out right wars over the centuries

Comparing his passing to the Joker's passing isn't insulting; it's wonderfully insightful. I haven't read anybody comparing Giles' rebounding or shooting to the Joker, just the one aspect of Jokic's game. To conflate *all* of Jokic's game to Giles' game is an insult - to one's intelligence.
Jokic is only shooting 31% from 3. Not sure that percentage is a very high bar. He shoots 50% overall which again isn’t a high bar. But Plumlee shoots 66.7% because he gets to finish Jokic’s passes. Can you imagine what Bagley will shoot on the other end of Harry’s passes.

It’s not minimizing it at all comparing it to Jokic is flat out insulting. Dudes basically running oh for them and is on his way his way to being a 1st ballet HOF player
Giles has a long way to go....but he consistently sees passing lanes better than just about anyone. Jokic is absolutely a comp for vision and natural passing ability at the center position.

Jokic is only shooting 31% from 3. Not sure that percentage is a very high bar. He shoots 50% overall which again isn’t a high bar. But Plumlee shoots 66.7% because he gets to finish Jokic’s passes. Can you imagine what Bagley will shoot on the other end of Harry’s passes.
Jokic was 39.6% from 3 last year. not sure if that was an abberation...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
We're in the first inning of seeing the synergies from this team. How about a bang-bang-bang triple passing play with Giles, Bogs and Fox in no particular order? I can definitely see those kind of things happening in the future. And there's a lot of available cap space that can add to it all. It's a good time to be a Kings' fan.

The bag debate is a deep and complex issue that many have suggested stretch back thousands of years. It is argued the current issue is just another evolution on the old basket weaving controversies which lead to many an uprisings, supressions, and out right wars over the centuries
For instance, many mistakenly attribute the start of our very own independent war to tea...no no no its was actually all about the bags, but it in an effort to suppress this knowledge to prevent history repeating itself this information has been forgotten. Yet here again in California this age old dragon rears its ugly head, the wheels of time have spun again

Last edited:
We're in the first inning of seeing the synergies from this team. How about a bang-bang-bang triple passing play with Giles, Bogs and Fox in no particular order? I can definitely see those kind of things happening in the future. And there's a lot of available cap space that can add to it all. It's a good time to be a Kings' fan.
Or a bang, bang, bang, bang between Giles, Bogi, Jackson and Beli. Haha. That was awesome

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Oh yes, I think that's right. California: where you have to bring your lawyer with you to make sure you don't break the law during casual fine dining.
By the way, that is all regarding plastic straws only. Paper ones have no restrictions. I've used a couple of paper straws recently and they worked just fine.

The intent is to reduce plastic pollution, not to eliminate straws themselves. ;)

Still not convinced on Giles. Give him end of 3rd start of 4th quarter mins as well as end of 1st and start of 2nd. About 12-15mins a game. If he can keep up what he's doing then maybe give him more time.

By the way, that is all regarding plastic straws only. Paper ones have no restrictions. I've used a couple of paper straws recently and they worked just fine.

The intent is to reduce plastic pollution, not to eliminate straws themselves. ;)
Of which the US is like . 05% of the worlds total oceanic plastic pollution and straws are an infantesimal % but I digress!! :)

Northern California is a beautiful place to live in and truely miss it. But it’s laws like that and many others that make it hard to even consider going back.

And how did we get on to straws when talking about Giles?

His game is coming along slowly but nicely. Is he a starter yet (no), will he be one next year (not likely) will he be back in Stockton (do not think so) is he a solid rotation player at this time, yeah I think so the more he plays.

Very happy with mr Giles progress considering his past health issues and lack of playing time since high school. I even see him getting most of his hops back as he’s flashing it more and more.

Good luck young man and I am glad you’re aboard for the ride.

Still not convinced on Giles. Give him end of 3rd start of 4th quarter mins as well as end of 1st and start of 2nd. About 12-15mins a game. If he can keep up what he's doing then maybe give him more time.
It's so funny/interesting people's different takes on players/things... for example I'm fully convinced Giles will be an all star... and *potentially* a franchise cornerstone/number retired in the rafters if we win a championship... type of player. But I think that's just because I like to be the first to guess things right... like a game. I can't remember when I've ever been wrong other than suggesting Omri Casspi could be a Hall of Famer about a month and a half into his first season while he was cruising along at 42% 3pt shooting. (In my defense there weren't nearly as many insanely good three pt shooters as there are today.)

;)

It's so funny/interesting people's different takes on players/things... for example I'm fully convinced Giles will be an all star... and *potentially* a franchise cornerstone/number retired in the rafters if we win a championship... type of player. But I think that's just because I like to be the first to guess things right... like a game. I can't remember when I've ever been wrong other than suggesting Omri Casspi could be a Hall of Famer about a month and a half into his first season while he was cruising along at 42% 3pt shooting. (In my defense there weren't nearly as many insanely good three pt shooters as there are today.)
;)
Your enthusiasm is sometimes off the charts. I'm not normally superstitious, but there have been times when I thought your enthusiasm was a sure jinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.