[GSW/DAL] "We're going to go like hell."

Well on a serious note, it's about due time for Dirk to show up. It should be something everyone expected to see. He just didn't look like he would...

Did someone say Dirk?
Yep -- wonder what took him so long to decide to get involved? Why hasn't he been firing away the entire game, or at least the entire second half when GSW has owned the tempo and the momentum?

For anyone watching, how did Barnes miss a layup in the last minute? I wasn't listening for about 30 seconds, and it appears that layup could've added to the cushion for GSW. Oh, I guess Dirk blocked it...

If the Mavs win this game, no biggie that it took him so long to show up, but if they don't, I have to wonder why he waited until there were less than 4 minutes left in the game to step up.

This type of game could kill GSW, imho, if they are so close and can't pull this off...

well, Harris can't hit a free throw, so that gives GSW a small amount of breathing room.

Dirk to the line for two fts with the Mavs down 1...in the first 4 games, he shot less than 80% from the line. Tonight he's 8 for 8.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Another exciting game of basketball. This has been a tremendous series. Mavs have less than a minute to pull this out.

And to think, this isn't the warriors' last chance, but it is for the Mavs....
Yep, and GSW has played fabulously to this point in 4 of the 5 games (Game 2 being the exception), and probably played well enough to win those 4 games. If they don't get this one and close out the Mavs tonight, it will be interesting to see how they come out in Game 6.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
If the Warriors can pull out the series, their fans deserve to see it at home. The fans are probably excited about the game coming back to Oakland.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Finally, FINALLY the Mavs respond like a true elite team. First time all series they have looked like potential champs.

Amazing how much it helps to have your superstar step forward, and then take teh ball out of the other team's through double teams.

GSW hasn't scored in the last 3 minutes. Bad time to go cold. JHoward hits one of two free throws with 20 seconds left in the game, but GSW didn't secure the rebound, so now Dirk goes to the line for 2.

In the last 3 minutes, Dirk may have single-handedly salvaged his MVP season. Seriously. Edit: he has 10 points in the last 3 minutes.

The Dallas Mavs' radio announcers are over-stating his effect on the game a bit (as if he's been dominating the entire game), but he has put on quite a show here in this 4th quarter.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Dallas looks likely to escape. Tough loss but I'm not sure its one they can't rebound from on their home court.

So Dallas barely wins at home.

Doesn't bode well for them to come back to California if they can only win by single digits at home with a massive crowd behind them and GS making mistakes.

and agreed, even if they win this series, they are far from the best team in the NBA.

By the way, I still don't get how the foul situation of 3 point work. Shooters almost always get whack while shooting but rare will the refs call the fouls.... Is there a rule like it's ok to whack the shooter after the ball leave his hand or something?

Steven Jackson loses his cool, and gets tossed with less than 10 seconds left. I'm dead serious when I write that we will look back at this game as representing GSW's best chance to win this series. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I think a 30-point loss would've been easier to swallow than a complete choke down the stretch for GSW.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Dallas looks likely to escape. Tough loss but I'm not sure its one they can't rebound from on their home court.

I agree. The Warriors have to be happy that they came back and made the Mavs work their arses off in Dallas. This was a team with a fantastic home record......great record any way you look at it. Warrior fans will give them a boost, so I don't think it will hurt their confidence one bit.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Steven Jackson loses his cool, and gets tossed with less than 10 seconds left. I'm dead serious when I write that we will look back at this game as representing GSW's best chance to win this series. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I think a 30-point loss would've been easier to swallow than a complete choke down the stretch for GSW.
The way I see it is GS stole Sunday night's game and almost stole tonight until the Mavs stole it back. They're still on house money and I think Dallas worked harder down the stretch tonight to get the win. That and the GS home crowd may be enough to push the Warriors over.

If Jackson got himself suspended for the ejection that will make things really interesting though.

Anyone else here think that was just a monumental collapse by the Warriors tonight? Granted, you have to remember it's an 8 seed playing a first seed, but if you're up by 9 with three minutes left, you have to find a way to close it out.

I still like the Mavs to win in Oakland then back in Dallas.

I'll have to admit though, after watching Baron chuck in that garbage 3 to put the Warriors up by 9, I thought they were just destined to beat the Mavs.

I couldn't agree more with you Cwebb. You expected the Mavs to come out and win big - at least that's what I and a lot of other people thought.

For the WArriors to lose like that, it's just disheartening.

GSW hasn't scored in the last 3 minutes. Bad time to go cold. JHoward hits one of two free throws with 20 seconds left in the game, but GSW didn't secure the rebound, so now Dirk goes to the line for 2.

In the last 3 minutes, Dirk may have single-handedly salvaged his MVP season. Seriously. Edit: he has 10 points in the last 3 minutes.

The Dallas Mavs' radio announcers are over-stating his effect on the game a bit (as if he's been dominating the entire game), but he has put on quite a show here in this 4th quarter.
Golden State had em on the ropes. Nowitzki converted his Hail Mary's this time w/ eerie shades of the great Sac-LA confrontations.

All i can say is this. I sincerely hope the Warriors learned something tonight and that is that they lost control of the game when they had the series won. They didn't control the ball, they didn't penetrate and they made critical mistakes on D

Dalllas, to their credit, reminds us all what the GSW have been dealing with all the way to this point. Dallas is a great team.

HOWEVER, if Nellie does his job, he will help the Warriors learn something about how to finish a series because Golden State has all the tools and heart to do this.

Golden State in 6. God, i need this this series.

Golden State in 6.

I hope they CRUSH them at Oracle.

Golden State had em on the ropes. Nowitzki converted his Hail Mary's this time w/ eerie shades of the great Sac-LA confrontations.

All i can say is this. I sincerely hope the Warriors learned something tonight and that is that they lost control of the game when they had the series won. They didn't control the ball, they didn't penetrate and they made critical mistakes on D

Dalllas, to their credit, reminds us all what the GSW have been dealing with all the way to this point. Dallas is a great team.

HOWEVER, if Nellie does his job, he will help the Warriors learn something about how to finish a series because Golden State has all the tools and heart to do this.

Golden State in 6. God, i need this this series.

Golden State in 6.

I hope they CRUSH them at Oracle.
In my opinion, Nowitzki's shots weren't hail mary's - those were big shots by the probably MVP who finally played like one.

You want hail mary's, look at J-rich's 28 footer that went in, Davis' half court shot last game, or his garbage running 3 pointer tonight that put them up by 9.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Anyone else here think that was just a monumental collapse by the Warriors tonight? Granted, you have to remember it's an 8 seed playing a first seed, but if you're up by 9 with three minutes left, you have to find a way to close it out.
I'm not a sports psychologist, just a fan, but I think there's a big difference between blowing a 9pt lead that you've actually maintained vs. hitting a few threes and giving up a few threes to go up and down in the span of a few minutes in a game that you've otherwise been trailing all night. I'm also not sure if I like the fact that Dallas retook the lead by jacking up some ugly looking 3s if I'm a Dallas fan.

Well, that sucked. Golden State had sooooo many missed layups. Oh well. They did come back, however, Golden State had their chances. And stupid Stephen Jackson gets ejected. What an idiot. Hopefully, they will win on Thursday.