Greatest 8th Seed in the History of the NBA--NBA Champs tells Kings--You were awesome

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's not condescending for a Spurs fan to give props to a team that came in and put up a pretty valiant effort against the reigning world champions.

----------------------------------------
Back on topic, I think if nothing else the results of these playoffs will pretty much mandate an overhaul of the seeding procedures for next season. No way Denver should have had the third seed.

Thanks again, Big Shot Rob. And good luck in game 2.

D

DirkAB

It's a nice thing to say, but it isn't even close to being true. The Knicks made it to the Finals as an 8th seed, that has to be considered hands down the greatest 8th seed of all time. The Nuggets took out the Sonics in the mid 90s as an 8th seed, so they have to be considered better too. Calling us the best because the series just got over with and they struggled against us sounds all nice, but it holds no water.

Ryan

I like turtles
Nice, now we're the greatest 8th seed in history and the greatest team to never have won a championship in history.
::: opens a bottle of jack ::::
;)

Greatest 8th seed ever? So what? What does that get you? Will the 05-06 Kings be remembered in NBA history? Will ESPN do a retrospective on this team after SportsCenter? I don't think so.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It was simply a comment by a Spurs fan to some Kings fans on a message board. It's not like we're taking out billboards or anything...

Some of you really need to pace yourselves. TDOS is long and arduous. You can't use up all your indignation in May.

;)

VF21 said:
It was simply a comment by a Spurs fan to some Kings fans on a message board. It's not like we're taking out billboards or anything...

Some of you really need to pace yourselves. TDOS is long and arduous. You can't use up all your indignation in May.

;)
Ya no kidding. What happened to the Kings being smart fans...

Nice post BSR and I wish you guys good luck the rest the way.

D

DirkAB

BigWaxer said:
Ya no kidding. What happened to the Kings being smart fans...
Who said that the Kings fans were smarter than any other teams' fans? And why would you believe it? That is kind of a ridiculous way to think, wouldn't you say? All you have to do is look around on this board or other Kings boards, plus any other teams' forum and you'll see that there are idiot fans that root for every team, they are everywhere. To make up in your mind that Kings fans are more intelligent and have supreme basketball knowlege is just homerism at its worst, or finest, depending on how you look at it. The Kings have idiot fans just like every other team.

Ryan@CU said:
Nice, now we're the greatest 8th seed in history and the greatest team to never have won a championship in history.
::: opens a bottle of jack ::::
;)
Maybe we can hang a banner at Arco for " the greatest 8th seed' to go along with our "6th man fan" and Pacific Division banners. ;) Oh and by the way I prefer Johnny Walker.

BSR, thanks for the kind words.:)