Grant Napear/Boogie

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-n...asts-demarcus-cousins-statement-raptors-fans/

I don't like the act Napear puts on his show but I'd have to say I agree with him. I've been to games with my kids where boogie is cussing at fans with children around. I'm not down with that. You hear cussing during the game but it shouldn't be directed at fans IMO.

Thoughts?

Didn't see it anywhere and wasn't sure if I should put it here or the NBA board.

Last edited:
Grant said Cousins is the rudest player he's ever encountered in the game of basketball which is quite ironic coming from a guy who is purposely rude, vindictive and narcissistic on a daily basis to the very callers that allow him to sit on his ass and get paid for giving his opinion on sports.

Talk about someone who has absolutely no ground to stand on when it comes to criticizing someone for their rude behavior.

It’s become uncomfortable hearing Grant continuously attack Cousins. I had for awhile found it kinda humorous that even after DMC was gone, he couldn’t resist a jab even if he had to detour in order to make something about Boogie. When he broke off into a rant in his show yesterday I couldn’t help but believe that it’s more personal than Grant will ever dare to admit. He talked a lot of crap about Cousins while he was there, and Cousins frequently had something to say about it. Maybe it got heated during a road trip or something. He can’t stand that a majority of Kings fans still view Cousins in a nearly overwhelmingly positive light even though he’s isnt ours to “deal with” anymore.

Why isn’t this temperamental, locker room air vacuum, loose cannon that can’t resist popping off at random kids for no reason still talking about that announcer who dragged him through the mud during his years here and still continues to drag his name through the mud while he tries to work his way back from a career altering injury? Must not be too irrational. There’s no doubt that Cousins is aware that he’s still a daily feature on Grants show. Grant needs to let it go

Last edited:
Grant said Cousins is the rudest player he's ever encountered in the game of basketball which is quite ironic coming from a guy who is purposely rude, vindictive and narcissistic on a daily basis to the very callers that allow him to sit on his ass and get paid for giving his opinion on sports.

Talk about someone who has absolutely no ground to stand on when it comes to criticizing someone for their rude behavior.
To say Cousins is the rudest player is laughable. Barkley used to get into it with fans all the time. Westbrook just had an incident recently & it wasn't the first. The Kings own Jason Williams was notorious for being rude in public with fans. I have lost count of how many players have yelled at fans over the years. Many provoked by a fan and some simply because they wanted to be left alone.

The truth is that Cousins was right about the fans cheering KD's injury. Grant has called out fans for cheering injuries more times than I can remember. To criticize Cousins for doing the same is hypocritical.

Some day somebody will explain why Boogie has so much tenacious support in Sac. I don't get it.

When he wore the uniform he was my guy and I rooted for him and supported him, and shoo'd off questions from my friends like "what is #15's problem?".

But now that he's gone it is like a sigh of relief. He never did anything to win me over as fan who would follow him everywhere and support his ghost.

But what is the deal... did he do some winning here that I never heard about?

I know he played Santa at Christmas but, come on - even Hells Angels do Christmas toy drives.

Most of the time people were making excuses for DeMarcus or looking the other way because of the 15 boards.

Can't he just be in the past?

I won't defend Grant. But, Cousins and His platitudes make me sick. His insults fall on deaf ears. This is a guy that has made millions and he acts like he can speak for most of us that make less than 7 figures. I used to root for the guy. No more. I hope he ends up on the Suns or Knicks. it's what he deserves.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I won't defend Grant. But, Cousins and His platitudes make me sick. His insults fall on deaf ears. This is a guy that has made millions and he acts like he can speak for most of us that make less than 7 figures. I used to root for the guy. No more. I hope he ends up on the Suns or Knicks. it's what he deserves.
Lol what? Can you elaborate on that?

Not a grant fan and I do like cousins as a person....but by all accounts he treated people on his team and within/outside the organization like crap due to his frequent moodiness. Not saying all the time, but it happened and happened enough to rub a lot of folks the wrong way. Our own CD talked about a time when Cousins treated him like garbage in the locker room and it wasn’t until years later they became friends. . It’s not rocket science as to why folks may still have an axe to grind . That said Grant needs to move on and stop bitching about him. But hell he still rips Webber any chance he gets. And to be fair grant has said that he think Cousins is a good person with a good heart.

Some day somebody will explain why Boogie has so much tenacious support in Sac. I don't get it.

When he wore the uniform he was my guy and I rooted for him and supported him, and shoo'd off questions from my friends like "what is #15's problem?".

But now that he's gone it is like a sigh of relief. He never did anything to win me over as fan who would follow him everywhere and support his ghost.

But what is the deal... did he do some winning here that I never heard about?

I know he played Santa at Christmas but, come on - even Hells Angels do Christmas toy drives.

Most of the time people were making excuses for DeMarcus or looking the other way because of the 15 boards.

Can't he just be in the past?
For most of us he is in the past. It's Grant that brings him up on a daily basis. He brings up Cousins more often out of context than every member of this board combined.

We all agree that Cousins was a moody baby and he was a jerk to a lot of people.

He was also potentially the most loyal Sacramento King this franchise has ever had. Like he said, everyone and his mother was telling him to leave Sac at the first opportunity he could get but he wanted to be loyal to the city and the franchise and then he was immensely hurt when he found out he was traded. He thought that his loyalty to a franchise that no one else was loyal to actually meant something and he found out in the end that business is business whether you're the Sacramento Kings or an actual winning franchise.

Dude cried when he gave his little going away speech. Most players couldn't wait to leave this place and this dude was heart broken over it. Not to mention the crazy amount of work he did with the community. Well above and beyond what any normal player would ever do. Cousins didn't just put on a Santa hat when the Kings forced him to go to an event. He was buying families cars, paying for funerals and doing numerous other acts of charity that we will never even know about. He was legitimately pissed off when he found out that they made some of his acts of charity public because he's not the type that does it for the notoriety.

The man has a lot of faults but he has a lot of positives that have forever earned the respect of the majority of the fan base here.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
For most of us he is in the past. It's Grant that brings him up on a daily basis. He brings up Cousins more often out of context than every member of this board combined.

We all agree that Cousins was a moody baby and he was a jerk to a lot of people.

He was also potentially the most loyal Sacramento King this franchise has ever had. Like he said, everyone and his mother was telling him to leave Sac at the first opportunity he could get but he wanted to be loyal to the city and the franchise and then he was immensely hurt when he found out he was traded. He thought that his loyalty to a franchise that no one else was loyal to actually meant something and he found out in the end that business is business whether you're the Sacramento Kings or an actual winning franchise.

Dude cried when he gave his little going away speech. Most players couldn't wait to leave this place and this dude was heart broken over it. Not to mention the crazy amount of work he did with the community. Well above and beyond what any normal player would ever do. Cousins didn't just put on a Santa hat when the Kings forced him to go to an event. He was buying families cars, paying for funerals and doing numerous other acts of charity that we will never even know about. He was legitimately pissed off when he found out that they made some of his acts of charity public because he's not the type that does it for the notoriety.

The man has a lot of faults but he has a lot of positives that have forever earned the respect of the majority of the fan base here.
Thank you. I was trying to type a response up, but you nailed what I was trying to say much more eloquently.

Yep. Your post should be the end of this thread. It sums it up perfectly.

Sharing a little story and with that I will get to the point what I'm trying to make.

I gotta say, Kings fan for almost two decades, never knew who was Grant Napear until I started highschool because then I started to look for live streams to watch games so I had my first Sacramento feed with Kings announcers and I freaking loved it, because before that if they were translating Sacramento games in my home country it was with National TV commentators or GSW announcers (Biedrins played there) ... I did not had radio shows to listen, newspapers to read from local area or even forum like this to pay attention to really know who is Grant Napear...

Let's move on few years later, college and being in foreign country I had to find Something to do and all things related to Kings was my go to thing to do... and I never imagined Grant was like this, announcing the games Grant was a whole different person then Radio Grant and it made me almost threw up in my mouth, because Grant was kind a like idol, because I really worked and wanted Hard to get in journalism (not really idol, but I looked up to him).

And this whole Boogie, Matt Barnes thing just showed me why I can't stand him anymore, great announcers yes? But what is the point of being a great announcers if you are not a great human being, fans from other teams are always saying Sacramento has one of the best announcers in the NBA, but they don't know how he is on the radio show...

I'm dissapointed in Grant, but what can I say, he will never change, that is one thing for sure.