grant and jerry emotional at the end of tonights game

dang. I hope the Maloofs end up making themselves watch some of this stuff before they make a certain decision. They've always been about "family" and such. Maybe it will have an impact.

Dang, the look on Jerry's face made me tear-up.

He looked just as I feel - a sad little boy who has just lost something very special to him.

Dang, the look on Jerry's face made me tear-up.

He looked just as I feel - a sad little boy who has just lost something very special to him.

Can anyone post the G-Man's final words? I have loved hearing him ever since I was little, and I would love to hear the final broadcast.

Ok, have is the G-man on the post game (30+ min long) on a link ready to go.....

(I went back and forth on the end of the game call, have the last 10 seconds of regulation, but seeing as it went into over time, the superstitious fan in me, said forget it and then just recorded after the game. He was able to hold it together, except for a moment or two but it was great to hear him share all of his memories and to here the fans in the background and the players as they came by.)

....but I thought I should delete it unless the mods think its ok to post. I don't want to get in trouble or get KF.com in trouble. Can I get an ok to post it?

Last edited:
Ok, have is the G-man on the post game (30+ min long) on a link ready to go.....

(I went back and forth on the end of the game call, have the last 10 seconds of regulation, but seeing as it went into over time, the superstitious fan in me, said forget it and then just recorded after the game. He was able to hold it together, except for a moment or two but it was great to hear him share all of his memories and to here the fans in the background and the players as they came by.)

....but I thought I should delete it unless the mods think its ok to post. I don't want to get in trouble or get KF.com in trouble. Can I get an ok to post it?
Haha you're killing me. Could you message me the link? I just have no way of hearing it being down in college in socal. No post game, or anything :( Haven't heard the postgame party train in years, and I would love the opportunity to hear it!

Ryan

I like turtles
I gotta admit, I was a little upset with the final "love video." I wish they would have more shots of the kings in the 80's and early 90's as well. Really? Shots of Mikey Moore but none of the L train, Spud Web, Jim Less?? What about Peja draining 3 after 3? Webber scoring 50 in Sacramento?? Don't get me wrong, it brought tears to my eyes, I just wished they would have more history.

An interesting little tidbit on what could be the reason why the Kings roll-out/tribute video has not been "officially" posted by the Kings:

whiteygleason Whitey Gleason
I hear guys who did Tesla "Love Song" video did so without "permission". If so, that is truly HEROIC. Thank you.

Not talking about 'permission' from the band.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
An interesting little tidbit on why the Kings roll-out/tribute video has not been "officially" posted by the Kings:

I hear guys who did Tesla "Love Song" video did so without "permission". If so, that is truly HEROIC. Thank you.

Waitaminnit. What is that supposed to mean? I will be incensed if it means what I think it means.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Waitaminnit. What is that supposed to mean? I will be incensed if it means what I think it means.
I would imagine it means exactly what it sounds like it means -- like the lack of tribute to Adelman etc. back in the day, the Maloofs, heading into a BOG meeting wanting to move but not knowing if they could, were not about to ok a sentimental sendoff that might either rally support for Sacto or basically close the book on it as an option. So the staff did one anyway. :)

Good for them.

I would imagine it means exactly what it sounds like it means -- like the lack of tribute to Adelman etc. back in the day, the Maloofs, heading into a BOG meeting wanting to move but not knowing if they could, were not about to ok a sentimental sendoff that might either rally support for Sacto or basically close the book on it as an option. So the staff did one anyway. :)

Good for them.
This. Tried to say it without saying it ;)

An interesting little tidbit on what could be the reason why the Kings roll-out/tribute video has not been "officially" posted by the Kings:

That's awesome. Glad some people have a backbone.